The Division

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by leftyguitarjoe, Jan 16, 2016.

1. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

Anyone else gonna give this game a go? Its looking like sort of a Destiny-style open world and loot type thing. We'll see how it turns out I suppose.

2. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I've been looking forward this game since the first trailer dropped. Just hope it doesn't let me down like Destiny did (although now I'm hearing that game improved immensely)

3. TMatt142

TMatt142 vagitarian

yep, can't wait to take a couple day break from Destiny to get involved with this game. It looks really good. Here's hoping Ubi can keep things going well in this open world, or at least better than what Bungie's doing with Destiny.

4. jerm

jerm SS.org Regular

Can't wait for this

5. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

I've been following The Division like a hawk since it was unveiled at E3 2013.

I've now watched about 400 vides since Ubisoft lifted their media embargo and I'm just speechless.

My money can't fly out of my wallet fast enough for it.

6. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

I'm really looking forward to it... Not looking forward to having to find friends to play with :lol:

7. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

^ Luckly, there is a solo mode akin to Destiny. Though the game seems fairly social so, like Destiny, it probably won't be hard to find friendly people to run with.

8. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

In. This looks sick and I'm hyped.

Gotta say, I love this section. I'm a casual gamer, but I know we have some hardcore guys and gals here, and I pretty much get all my gaming news from here. Thanks you guys.

9. leftyguitarjoe

I got a beta key so I'll be testing the game out on PC. One week to go!

10. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

Yeah I got a beta invite, so I'm down to try it.

11. IChuckFinleyI

IChuckFinleyI Banned

Like a few of you, I've been watching this game like crazy. I've already got it paid off and read to install on my X1. I think it might be the only game to pull me away from Fallout. I got RB6 and loved it, but not enough to put Fallout down lol

12. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

Yep, pre-ordered, can't wait for the beta. It feels weird looking forward to a Ubisoft title after all the problems they've had with games in the past. It's just too interesting of a concept to pass up trying.

13. absolutorigin

absolutorigin SS.org Regular

I'm excited for this. I really do hope it's good.

14. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Am I hearing right that some important features were removed that were originally suppose to be in the game?

15. jerm

jerm SS.org Regular

16. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

I went ahead and pre-ordered it since I had a GameStop gift card from Christmas. I'll be playing the beta on the PS4. I'm looking forward to it; I think it's going to be a good game but it seems like people are misunderstanding what the game is...it's not supposed to be a realistic shooter like Ghost Recon. It's an RPG first and foremost so of course enemies are going to be bullet sponges (like Fallout). I don't care about realism in games like this so I think I'll have a good time.

I'm just waiting to get the email with my beta code...supposed to take up to two business days so I better get it here soon lol.

17. DiezelMonster

DiezelMonster Complainasaurus Rex

I've been following this since it got announced, my girlfriend pre ordered it for my B-day. I got the beta code for PS4 and now I just have to wait until the 29th!

18. leftyguitarjoe

I saw this decent little review. It looks alright. My biggest concern is that it will get really repetitive. Like with Destiny, even great gameplay starts to suck when it becomes a chore.

And I just got this email! Luckily I got in without preordering.
    [​IMG]

19. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

Well, played the beta for a few hours today as well as early this morning (4 AM) when it was released.

I love it, personally. I feel it's pretty polished, haven't run in to any huge, game-ruining bugs or glitches, etc.

The only thing I don't like is one particular piece of the "Dark Zone" aspect of the game. And that's the fact that douchebags can literally camp extraction points, act all innocent until the helicopter comes to extract gear, and then lob a grenade on top of everyone as they're extracting.

The thing that gets to me the most about it is that most of the people doing it are literally doing it JUST to screw with people. They don't even attempt to finish off kills or try and grab fallen loot, they literally just kill people at extractions just to mess with them and be trolls.

Just, in my opinion, the "extraction" aspect of the Dark Zone is just intrinsically designed to PUSH people in to being douchebags to other innocent players.

I'll tell you one thing though - hunting Rogue Agents in the Dark Zone is fun as hell.

20. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

Yeah, I read some complaints of the dark zone. People are pretty annoyed there's a graphical downgrade compared to the E3 gameplay footage from 2013, but I know this beta was heavily compressed to conserve space. I don't really care about the graphics, the gameplay looks fun from what I've seen on twitch. Can't wait to try it out...come on 7 AM....