The Disc Golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by guitarister7321, Jul 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Alcmiller

Alcmiller SS.org Regular

I LOVE DISC GOLF

2. cap-tan

cap-tan Gear Slut

My friend used to ask me to go play with him all the time, and I always said no because I knew I would get addicted to it...so now I'm addicted to it and play all the time and can't stop buying more discs. (iHave a problem) But as of now my discs include:
    Champion Groove
    Champion Valkyrie
    Star Valkyrie
    Glow in the dark Valkyrie
    Star Destroyer
    Champion Monarch
    Disc craft Avenger
    2-Aerobie Epic's (yes they are, in fact, epic.)
    Some crappy floats in water putter
    And my favorite disc, my disc craft Soft Banger GT putter.

I <3 Disc Golf.

3. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

I started playing in college about 5 years ago (......damn.......) and Im pretty good actually. I occasionally finish at or under par at our neighboring courses, usually about 4 over though.

here's my discs, all innova
    Star Wraith
    Champion Valkyrie (2)
    Champion Beast
    Champion Groove
    DX wraith
    DX cheetah
    DX Aviar
    Star Aviar
    About 10 others i dont really use.

...Think I'll go play after work today :yesway:

4. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

I've only played disc golf one time. I was horribly hung over and I puked at just about every single hole. Despite feeling like absolute shit the ENTIRE time I've never had more fun in my life (I'm exaggerating of course, but that shit was awesome).

5. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

Fuck that... Bowling is sweet. :agreed:

6. ZackP3750

ZackP3750 SS.org Regular

Gotta necrobump this one, I freaking love disc golf. Been playing for about 3 years but only just started getting serious about it like 3 months ago. Actually just bought my first disc bag, I feel total pro now haha. Here's my lineup as of now:

Innova Aviar
    Innova Dart
    Innova Shark
    Innova Wolf
    Innova Champion Orc (2)

Only place that sells discs only carries Innova, haha. I'm going to be ordering a couple more online soon, I'm thinking an Innova Star Boss and maybe another mid-range.

7. Lagtastic

Lagtastic Five Align

I've been playing about 7 years. I mostly throw Innova Champion and Star plastic, but I do like DX for things like the Roc, XD, and Aviar. I'm one of those people with 6 Rocs at varying levels of being broken in.:yesway:

Charlotte is disc golf heaven for anyone looking for a challenge. The World Championships are here this year. There are also some large tourneys that are here every year.
    Courses | Charlotte Disc Golf Club

Every player within driving distance needs to come down and play Renaissance, Hornet's Nest, Nevin, and Winthrop. There's also about 15 other courses within an hour, many of which are worth your time as well. If you make a trip shoot me a PM and I'll come meet you for a round, you'll need a guide at Renny your first time anyway.

Renny is an experience that should not be missed by any avid player. Here is a video tour of the "easy" course. There is also a "gold" course that is much longer. It has changed a bit since the video, but this will give you an idea.

Here's the "easy" course at Hornet's Nest, there is a run with much more difficult pin placements here as well. The back 9 is really tricky, this video is from like 2005 but was reuploaded in 2010. The trees are way thicker now than in the video.

8. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

Lost my champion "Bistaneau Boss" that I found under ice at lake Bistaneau =(. But I finished our Cross Lake course at 2 over recently, that's FAR better than I've ever done there before.

Here's a pic of my buddy Josh teeing off at hole 8, lake Bistaneau in Doyline, La. That's right, 888ft! I don't have the arm to get there in less than 4 =(

[​IMG]

9. dantel666

dantel666 SS.org Regular

I figured I might as well get to listing out what discs I use since my bag has finally stopped changing all the time. So I guess its time to revive this thread.

Putters:
    Discraft Pro-d Magnet
    Discraft Pro-d Banger-Gt
    Innova R-pro Rhyno

Midrange:
    Innova DX Glow Roc
    Innova KC Pro Roc

Drivers:
    Innova Champion Roadrunner
    Discraft ESP Avenger
    Innova Champion Valkyrie x2
    Discraft Elite Z Wildcat
    Innova Champion Orc
    Innova Star Orc
    Innova Champion Boss
    Innova Champion Groove

How many of you guys throw side arm? how many throw back hand? I am just curious to know. I throw mainly side arm, but I want to work on my back hand drives.