The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by El Caco, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

The 5150 looks pretty neat but $200 for a pedal is slightly over my budget, that's about as much as I'm planning to spend on the next guitar I'm going to buy. :D

I'll probably pick up both an overdrive and distortion though, so I can see for myself what the differences are and use them in combination with the amps that are already in the 1101, like @op1e said.

2. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

With some decent 3rd part IRs (GuitarHacks, Rosen/3 Sigma, Ownhammer, etc...) most of the amp sims are pretty good. I mostly use the 5150, Randall RG100, Soldano SLO-100 & the Digitech 2101 "Saturated Tube" amps. The Marshalls & Mesas are also decent but not quite my style. If you can only really afford the cheaper Joyo/Mooer pedals, I'd recommend you focus on a good boost/od because the distortions won't be nearly as good as what you can get with the GSP.

3. op1e

op1e Blood_Lust:Unlimited

If I had a good power amp I would easily mostly roll with just my rack for when we're not headlining. Could live with the JCM 800 for six string and the e530 or Saturated Tube for 7 string.

4. WarMachine

WarMachine SS.org Regular

op1e, when running an OD pedal, do you run it just like you would a normal setup; GPS In to OD Out or do you run it in the loop? You've got me curious lol, ive got and SD-1 kicking around somewhere i'm about to track down lol

5. Spinedriver

Personally, I run my drive pedals straight into the input. You should DEFINITELY try the SD-1 with a few of the amps, especially the Randall & 5150. All of the mod/dealy/reverb pedals go into the loop.

6. op1e

My signal goes Guitar-Loop Switcher input-1101-G Major-Amp. All my drive and gate are in the first 4 loops, going into the front of the 1101 then the front of the amp obviously. The rest is complicated, I don't even know how I did it lol. Goes 1101-Patchmate-G Major-FX Return. I keep a TC Spark in the loop to boost output when needed because amp models are really quiet going into the RM100 loop for some reason. There's also an RV6 and a Sonic Stomp in place of the Spark when I use the Peavey Ultra. Another cool sound I've found is boosting an ENO Crunchbox clone boosted with the od808 into the front of a clean channel or model. Pretty dynamic and expressive, amp like gain.

7. WarMachine

WarMachine SS.org Regular

Thanks for the input guys! Unfortunately i've either lost my SD-1 or gotten rid of it:rant2:lol i had that thing for 15 years lol. May snag one soon to test this out!

8. op1e

I've got an MXR M77 on the way. If you have to drop 50 on one, get one of those instead. SD-1 with more options.

Spinedriver likes this.
  9. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

Alright, I've decided on getting the Joyo Dyna Compressor and Ultimate Drive. Just one more question, since I don't think there's any pedal general on here, but what type of power supply should I get, this

https://m.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_junior.htm
    Or this?
    https://m.thomann.de/gb/visual_sound_vs_1_spot_combo_pack.htm

I see more people recommending the second alternative but the first alternative looks way more convenient and I doubt I'd run into any problems when it has so many good reviews and so many people have bought it, or am I missing something?

10. Spinedriver

I don't know a lot about compressors but I have heard a lot of good things about the Joyo UD.

11. Ivars V

Ivars V SS.org Regular

Benton's power plant is totally fine, actually, I'd even grab the blue one if I were you.

12. Grooven

Grooven SS.org Regular