The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Sep 29, 2015.

1. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Anyone watched it? I didn't get a chance to catch it last night, but I've heard nothing but good things. It's on the CC website right now and I'm giving it a catch now.

'Daily Show' Trevor Noah Debut: Watch First Episode

EDIT: I'm only 15 mins in... and I'm sold. Holy ..... :lol:

2. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

He seemed a little (maybe more than a little) nervous and maybe at least a little awkward at times, but he's a very likable guy and has no problem switching from goofy to intellectual, which I think is half of the job for anybody filling Stewart's shoes.

3. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I kept remembering and forgetting that it was premiering last night, and once I got home from the B's game it was the last thing I would've thought of.

Gonna catch it tonight and see how it is. He seems like hell do fine, and I wanna just not constantly compare him to Stewart.

4. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Even if you don't, Trevor does it to himself a few times, and even one of the new correspondents will. :lol:

5. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I caught the last half of it and I thought he did pretty good for the 1st time

big shoes to fill so no doubt he's going to take a while to hit his straps

6. Adam Of Angels

He did WAY better in the second episode. He was still a little nervous, but he's going to make this work extremely well.

I still love Larry Wilmore a lot more, and kind of feel like his show is better at this point, but I'm cool with Trevor.

7. MFB

MFB ExBendable

:ugh:

I watched maybe two episodes of the Nightly Show, and dear god it was terrible.

Caught tonight's episode of the Daily Show, I feel like the new writers are going a little too joke heavy and not keeping it as tongue-in-cheek as it was before, but Trevor seems to be doing fine as host. Maybe they'll settle in to that role since they want to come out strong, but it could also just be the difference in delivery.

8. Adam Of Angels

Sometimes the Nightly Show IS bad, but for the most part it's good. When Wilmore is on his A-game, it's great entertainment.

9. DanicaL

DanicaL SS.org Regular

I really like Trevor Noah, I just wish he would stop trying to be like Jimmy Fallon.

They both laugh and over react to everything. Let your material speak for itself!