The Coffee Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Groff, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

I'm a huge coffee fan, but I don't like normal black coffee. If it's your average coffee, I like to have it with milk and sugar. I'm a big fan of caffe au lait and caffe latte. I love flavored coffees like mocha. While I drink average coffees with milk and sugar, I don't add anything to flavored coffees or exotic coffees. There is this one called, uh, "Vintage" or something like that and has this picture of a big wooden barrel. I have no idea what that means, because I was pretty sure that you don't age coffee. But, anyway, it's got this really really rich taste and, while it's slightly bitter, it has this weird unusual sweetness, even though no sugar is added.

I, however, do not use coffee to wake myself in the morning because for some reason, caffeine makes me sleep. Maybe a chemical imbalance in my body, but usually things that are supposed to wake you up make me sleept and things that are supposed to put you to sleep keep me awake.

The main coffee place I drink at is a coffee shop in my company building that has a lot of stuff imported from all over the world: from Europe, South America, North America, and even some parts of Europe. I like the coffee syrups they have for iced coffees.

I like the flavor of really expensive coffee, but I almost never drink it because of the price...

I'm also a big fan of coffee-flavored ice cream, coffee-flavored chocolate, coffee-flavored yogurt, and just about any other snack or dessert you can think of that would be coffee flavored. There was this banana coffee drink at this one store that I tried and it was actually really good.

2. porkchop

porkchop slaps ass w/ 2 hands

My buddy Drew Park owns Drews Brews here in Nashville. He roasts every day and supplies restaraunts/coffee shops/junkies like me. I work @ a Whole Foods Market and nothing there can touch his Breakfast stuff. 6 or 8 cups and I'm ready for the day ... of climbing trees ... or making war ...

3. blackout

blackout SS.org Regular

I drink really sweet coffee every day, think I have a bit of a cafiene problem. Still drinking Nescafe at home though, I haven't experimented with anything non-instant yet. Can anyone from the UK reccomend anything?

4. FortePenance

FortePenance SS.org Regular

Is canned coffee really popular there? How'd you like the taste yourself (if you've ever tried it)?

We get Nescafe canned coffee here that's available everywhere but i've seen loads of imported Japanese coffee cans in speciality stores.

5. Naren

It's really popular here. I drink it all the time. This might sound weird to someone from a country that has a negative image of canned coffee, but canned coffee is usually more expensive than most other drinks and the cans are usually pretty small.

Nescafe is one of the least popular canned coffee brands over here, but these are all the companies that release canned coffees: Boss, Georgia, Roots, UCC, Wonda, Kirin (mostly their brand "Fire"), Nescafe, Starbucks (they sell canned coffees here that are pretty expensive), and a bunch more by companies that aren't as popular.

Here is an image of 3 different coffees from Kirin, Wonda, and Boss.

[​IMG]

My favorite canned coffee, though, is this:

[​IMG]

Here's Starbucks' latest canned coffee:

[​IMG]

6. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

I'll drink coffee with anything, and I mean ANYTHING!!*

anything that is supposed to be eaten/drunk that is, no "Two Girls One Coffee" for me.

7. Naren

Okay... so, you'd drink black coffee mixed with prune juice, pepto bismol, molasses, castor oil, and tomato juice?

8. All_¥our_Bass

Drop the castor oil and I'd do it. You know what I meant Naren. you ass!! j/k lol

9. Naren

Eh... I knew what you meant in that you'd drink coffee with anything to eat. I agree with you there. I'll drink coffee with steak, pancakes, grilled chicken, pasta, nachos, lambchops, or whatever. I can't really think of a food that some kind of coffee doesn't go good with.

But, I don't really get what you meant about drinking coffee with any other drink. You would really mix any other drink with coffee? :ugh: That's... kinda nasty...

10. JBroll

JBroll Hard-On For Freedom™ Contributor

(1) It's eSpresso, not eXpresso. There is NO fucking X. Not one. And if you pronounce it with an X in a coffee shop, the nice girl behind the counter will imagine your slow, painful death with great pleasure.

(2) How's the Aeropress? It looks to be just like a silly press pot mod. That said, I drink dark-roasted Sumatra brewed in a press pot.

(3) If you, too, use a press pot, brew your coffee twice. Boil your water, brew coffee as usual, then throw out the old grounds and brew the coffee in new grounds (add a bit of hot water if it cooled down too much - I'd go with about 25% hot water, 75% just-brewed coffee) for epic fucking coffee.

Jeff

11. ZeroSignal

ZeroSignal Appreciates Kwolity Contributor

I don't even like coffee, but I drink that stuff just to stay awake on some days because I'm too much of a retard to go to bed at a decent hour. :rolleyes:

I really have to get my body-clock back in order.

12. All_¥our_Bass

I there with you about the first comment. The second one I said that I'd do it. Not that I would like it or that I would repeat doing such a thing.

13. Naren

:lol: I got some black coffee mixed with prune juice, pepto bismol, molasses, castor oil, and tomato juice for ya.

14. Lucky Seven

Lucky Seven Lucky☆Seven

I drink my coffee black.

15. cataclysm_child

cataclysm_child NOT a ss.org Regular

A Swedish scientist doing cancer research has discovered that drinking coffee can, over time, make a woman?s breasts shrink. The results, published in the British Journal of Cancer, concluded that 50% of women are susceptible to caffeine-related breast shrinkage. Women with larger breasts were more likely to be affected.

Women who drink just three cups of coffee a day can eventually go down several cups in bra size. This decrease occurs because of how caffeine affects estrogen levels.

Men are not immune to the effects of long-term caffeine consumption either, although, as it turns out, caffeine has rather a different impact on men. When men consume large amounts of caffeine over time, it causes their chest to grow, creating hefty ?man boobs.? The professional researchers who authored the study decided that ?man boobs? wasn?t really a scientific terms, so they coined the term ?moobs? instead.

The study did have some more serious results as well, including the supposition that certain substances in coffee can modify a woman?s metabolism in a way that will make her more resistant to tumors. The paper also suggests that women who have larger breasts may be more susceptible to breast cancer in general, due to the presence of additional mammary glands.

16. Groff

Groff Medicine Chief/RHLC© Contributor

Just wanted to say... A Bad Ass Coffee Company store just opened up near me!! Now if Teavana would open up a store near me i'd be in heaven!!!

17. El Caco

El Caco Djavli te ponesli Contributor

:bump: for a real mans coffee mug :flex:

The one on the right is my wife's regular sized cup

[​IMG]

Three of hers fit in one of mine :D

18. jonathan_addams

jonathan_addams SS.org Regular

Currently enjoying a nice Kilimanjaro/Sumatra blend.

Black, of course.

19. Sang-Drax

Sang-Drax God is dad

Living in Curitiba (Brazil). Originally from Rio.
    I'm a big fan of Ice Capuccino :hbang:

20. toolsound

toolsound SS.org Regular

I've always found coffee to be pretty overrated. And I'm from Seattle. I do enjoy the occassional cup, but almost any kind will do.