The Car Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bulb, Sep 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Furtive Glance

Furtive Glance "Snaaaake!!!"

That R33's pretty slick. I'm a huge tuner fan. Skylines/RX-7s/Supras/Silvias etc. So much WinRAR.

2. Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk A Bad Idea Contributor

Future mods:
    H&S Mini Maxx
    AirDog
    BHAF
    delete pipe
    studs

THEN, if I'm not happy (which I won't be), I'll swap the turbo out for two, over cp3, injectors, 5" exhaust and EFI.

The tranny is fine...just have to get a better clutch one day.

I need to keep it fairly reliable, since it's my daily driver, and work is 60 miles away. :lol:

3. sahaal

sahaal SS.org Regular

haha sounds like it should be good for a while, but it never ends once you start.

4. Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk A Bad Idea Contributor

Yea, I know. Exactly why I've been holding off on doing anything to it. I know once I start, I'll have to keep adding shit :lol:

It's got a 2" leveling kit, and bigger tires. Needs brake pads, and probably ball joints. Got a noise in the front end I need to diagnose, but she drives just fine so I haven't been worrying about it. The guy that rides with me to work bitches every morning once we get off the paved road if we have the windows down.

"God damn it Chris, this is a $35,000 truck, and it sounds like a $500 Neon." :rofl:

5. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

I am in the same boat there, so tempted to mod my car, but goddamnit I don't need another money pit haha, and that is what it would become. Besides I LOVE the way my car drives, looks and feels, so I just need to remember that everytime I think about modding it haha.

6. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Everyone raves about the BRZ, it's supposed to be a great track/dd/driver's car for not THAT much money, even with the 2.0T. The STI version should be pretty unstoppable when that comes out!

7. AcousticMinja

AcousticMinja String Theorist Contributor

8. WarriorOfMetal

WarriorOfMetal The Dragonrider Contributor

My car's been off the road for a few months, due to a problem I haven't been able to afford to fix (just bought the parts, though, should be fixed soon!), but here it is - a 1995 Nissan Maxima GLE. It's pretty quick, basically has a V6 sports car engine in it...and the trunk is big enough to fit a half stack without much difficulty!

It's gained a couple minor dings since these pictures were taken, but:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. axxessdenied

axxessdenied SS.org Regular

Good thread :D

This car is sitting in storage waiting to be restored. Need to finish my house first.
    1973 bmw 3.0 CS
    [​IMG]

'98 323IS that I had
    [​IMG]

'01 Jetta TDI
    [​IMG]

'01 LR Discovery II
    [​IMG]

'03 Subaru Forester
    [​IMG]

'98 TJ rebuilt for offroading
    [​IMG]

our first lexus rx330:
    [​IMG]

Our current lexus rx330 in pearl white
    [​IMG]

My current work beater
    '98 Forester with 518,000+ kilometers on it so far :lol:
    [​IMG]

10. axxessdenied

axxessdenied SS.org Regular

When we're finished building and renovating our house I plan on buying a newer car.

We had a 2012 G37x rental for a couple weeks. Didn't really care for it look-wise. But, FUCK ME once I started driving that thing around I fell in LOOVE. Such a smooth car. Absolutely effortless to crawl in stop and go. Super-responsive on the highway when you punch it. Super comfortable ride. Would definitely consider buying it!

11. sahaal

sahaal SS.org Regular

haha that's fine, my 2001 Dodge that went from a couple rust spots nearly a year ago when I bought it to a truck with not a single rust free panel as of late has had almost 10,000 worth of work done to it, and it's basically had 2 complete front end rebuilds and now needs more work, whenever I hit a big enough bump I'm getting death wobble :rofl: not to mention my front bumper is destroyed due to buddy putting it in the ditch for me, and the various other dents it's received haha. I can't wait to get a new truck, I'm torn between an 98.5 to 02 Cummins or a newer third gen, so many choices. I'll never stop once I've got one :lol:

12. wilch

wilch SS.org Regular

Ooh, very nice!

13. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

next time Periphery is in your neck of the woods, you should take me for a spin haha!

14. ddtonfire

ddtonfire SS.org Regular

I used to drive that exact model/year! They were pretty decently quick. We sold it with 220k miles on it too, those nissan engines!

15. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

I drove the new maxima not that long ago, the engine definitely surprised me in that car, its pretty quick, the cvt is interesting, when you floor it the engine kinda just stays at high revs and the car goes faster, like a video game or something haha

16. EdgeC

EdgeC Songs in C#

My baby! For me it's a manual RWD V8 or nothing at all! And with such a roomy wagon there's plenty o' room for the gear and the kids!

[​IMG]

17. Riffer

Riffer PRS SE Inspector

I'm down for that. I don't even know if I'll have it for much longer. I'm always trading cars and motorcycles.

18. darren

darren Decibel Guitars Forum MVP

Those are such great cars. It really pisses me off how there are so few proper wagons available in North America.

19. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

My 2006 F150 when I got her last year. I would love to add an F350 diesel for work

[​IMG]

20. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

CTS-V Wagon is the wildcard choice for my next car if I ever find a used one in blue with manual trans. That thing is a fucking beast, I'm just not sure I want a 4000+ lb vehicle.

...I just ordered some Hankook RS-3 tires on some cheap Sparco wheels to use at the track this weekend. Hopefully those and my brake pads show up by Thursday or it will be a sad track weekend :lol: