The Car Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bulb, Sep 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Couldn’t agree with you more. It’s the rear end of the new MB C’s that bothers me. I was looking at a C400/450/43 but they were few and far between and still priced a few thousand above the S4. Had the 335i and agree the interior is really dated and they have the narrowest, most uncomfortable (hard) seats ever!

2. TheShreddinHand

Couldn’t agree with you more. It’s the rear end of the new MB C’s that bothers me. I was looking at a C400/450/43 but they were few and far between and still priced a few thousand above the S4. Had the 335i and agree the interior is really dated and they have the narrowest, most uncomfortable (hard) seats ever!

3. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Soooo now I’m thinking about just saying fuck it and getting a Nardo Grey RS3 haha...

4. TheShreddinHand

Haha! Now that’s the spirit!

5. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Slept on it and I just can't justify taking the hit on a new german car. Found an awesome spec '16 S3 Prestige at a fair price today and it was great on the test drive, may move in that direction as I really need a good daily beater/winter car that's fun to drive.

6. TheShreddinHand

Nice! Keep us posted.

7. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

Used Macan or Cayenne Turbo could be a contender to the S3 + some utility

8. lelandbowman3

lelandbowman3 SS.org Regular

In case anyone's interested:
    2019 Toyota Supra.
    Shhhhhhh...

9. MFB

MFB ExBendable

You mean the 2019 Gazoo Supra :lol:

lelandbowman3 likes this.
  10. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Pulled the trigger on the S3!

It's a bit trickier to find ones with Adaptive Cruise (Prestige package), but man what an awesome feature. Got a decent deal on this all things considered, it's CPO until 2022 and Maintenance is covered until 2021, has clear bra on the whole front and mirrors and paint protection on the rest of the car. The tires are brand new and the brakes have most of their life so I shouldn't have to pay for anything during the time I plan on keeping the car.

Got this so I could have a fun daily that would also be a fun little road trip car too. Now that weather is in the 30-40 degree range here the 488 is basically useless and just living on its trickle charger until spring most likely...

Anyways the drive home was a lot of fun, I have to say they really killed it on the chassis, the car handles and moves so nimbly, the AWD system seems to work well and I'm a fan of the interior. The one thing I missed out on with this being a 2016 is the awesome Virtual Cockpit. But the plan is to keep this car for a year or two and upgrade to an RS3 once those start to depreciate, and I'll find one with the Adaptive Cruise/Virtual Cockpit combo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Macan is probably the best driving SUV I have ever tried, but used with the features I want they end up being in the high 40 low 50k range. The Cayenne is just a bit big for my taste. I wanted something sporty and fun to drive, and the S3 is just that. 4 doors, 5 seats and a real trunk is more utility than I have had in quite a while hahah.

nikt, zarg, TheShreddinHand and 2 others like this.
  11. lelandbowman3

lelandbowman3 SS.org Regular

Everything my distributors are telling me is that it's still under the Toyota badge.

12. TheShreddinHand

Nice! Love it! Still haven’t had the chance to really open up my S4 but took a couple backroads with some twists and turns the other day and forgot how fun driving can be! Love the car!

13. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

man to live in the states and to be able to buy cpo cars and trade in after two years.

that color is hot. lets get a juggernaut in that color.

14. zarg

zarg guitar and computer nerd

didn't know there's so many folks into guitars and cars like me! kind of blown away that misha hangs out here, big fan. anyways, I got a new ride a few months ago too and now I'm at 13k KMs and I'm still very very happy. It pretty much has the whole option list included and drives just great. the design (inside and outside) reminds me a lot of audi which is awesome, since I love them, but at a lower price point. I plan on getting an audi or merc in about 2 years or so.

it's a '17 Seat Leon FR ST

_1030246_2.jpg