The Axe Palace (Nick's New Store)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by zimbloth, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Decipher

Decipher Ibanez Enthusiast

Front page looks very sharp Nick! Can't wait to see the full deal once it's done!:yesway:

2. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

:idea: So when are you gonna stock Black Machines and KXK's Nick?? :lol: hahaha I can dream can't I?

3. bulletbass man

bulletbass man Classical & Metal

I doubt he'll be carrying either of those brands. KXK only has one dealer if I remember correctly and Doug will be on backorder other than a few B6's until atleast 2010.

Anyways I'm glad things are going well for you Nick. Once you get the physical location up and stocked and If I by chance have any money (the last bit I seriously doubt :lol:) I'll make sure to make the trip up. :metal:

4. anubis0077

anubis0077 SS.org Regular

hey man do u know if I order a Horus scarab could I get that set up to b tuning upon delivery I noticed they have an HHS Horus that is preset to b tuning but I really like the scarab finish thanks my name is steve new to the fourm and love caparisons!!!

5. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

Of course Steve. I offer free customized pro setups on all my guitars. That includes any string gauge and tuning you want. If you want the Scarab or any other Caparison that normally comes tuned standard from the factory, I can certainly set it up for any tuning you like. Almost every Horus and Dellinger I sell I get requests to set it up in C or B tuning, so I'm used to it :metal:

Welcome to the forum man. Feel free to send me a private message here if you'd like to discuss things further. Additionally, you're welcome to email or call as well. You can find all my information on axepalace.com :)

Cheers,

-Nick

6. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

Nick, give me the rundown on Blackouts, passive size for 7 string.
    I heard 350 AUD+shipped from an Aussie forum bro.
    If it is indeed 350, that is one of the best deals yet.

I am very definite about these.

Another question, about a product I'm not quite so definite about buying yet, but looking into.
    How much can I expect to pay for a VHT 50/2 power amp (if that's what their called, I can't remember the exact name, I just know they are 50 watts per side.....I think).

7. zimbloth

Harry, yes that is correct regarding the Blackouts.

Regarding the VHT 2/50/2, I'd be happy to talk to you in detail about that amp. It's pretty incredible. Feel free to PM me or send me an email nick[at]axepalace(dot)com. It's about 1900 AUD.

8. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

Awesome.
    Well, if I don't end up purchasing a guitar in the new future, I'll order some Blackouts ASAP.
    I'll PM you about the amp too, cheers:yesway:

9. Carlos Rivera

Carlos Rivera Gasteroid

Hi Nick. My name is Cristian, from Italy, and I'm a newbie here at SS.

I'm not sure this is the correct thread, but... well, sorry for bothering you, but a friend of mine encouraged me to contact you for my "problem"... He said you definitely are a guitars and pups guru. I tried to ask in some other official forums by pups makers, like BK, but my friend wared me that people there apt to focus their suggestions mainly in latest trends, and don't have complete vision of the scene.
    Well, I recently bought a PRS Tremonti Custom SE in limited edition, with ebony fretboard and EMG 81-85 set. I didn' like the EMGs that much... they're great to play Metallica, but they lack in almost everything else, IMHO. I know a lot of people like 85 clean sounds too... but I really don't. So, I decided to change evreything and swap to passive. I found a PRS 59/09 treble at very good price for the bridge position, and I used a DiMarzio Paf 36th Anniversary that I originally had in another guitar for the neck position. This coupling sounded killer to me, I liked very much the 36th in the other guitar, and the 59/09 bass would have been way too expensive. Anyway, now that I did the job, I can say that, while the 59/09 treble sounds really wonderful (probably the best bridge pup I've ever played), the 36th in neck position seems a little bit flat. The wiring is OK, the luthier turned the mag inside the 36th to avoid counterphasing, and he did an excellent job. The middle positions are great (I have parallel-split-series switches, so I can make several combos), so it works really well with the PRS; but when I play the neck alone it's like it lacks something... So, what's the matter? Maybe it's because of the cover I put on it (I'd strongly prefer a covered neck, since the 59/09 treble is a "squabbins" model, and pairing it with a regular pup would be quite unbareable to watch)? Or maybe it simply cannot bear stand comparison with the 59/09?

Anyway, I'd be willing to replace it. I originally had it in a Chapman ML-2 (great guitar and excellent value for the money!), with a Duncan Custom in the bridge. They were a great pair. But I was looking for a "Petrucci" sound, so I replaced them with a Cold Sweat in the neck and a Crunch Lab in the bridge. The CS is just awsome; the CL sounded very aggressive and punchy, and I liked it in the first times... but I got tired soon, it was too muddy and "cocked wah", even turining it upside down. So I went back with my old Custom, and I found the perfect combo for that guitar. I cannot be more happy.
    Now, for the PRS, I was looking for a "modern PAF" sound, organic and smooth but with a little modern flavour. The original PRS 59/09 bass would be great, but, as I said, it's way too expensive.
    I mainly see two ways. The first way is following the "PAF" path, that could mean, for example, BKP The Mule. An acquaintance of mine offered me a Mule neck for cheap. It seems to be hugely popular, but isnt' a bit "too vintage"? Is it more similar to the PRS 57/08 or to the 59/09? Or mabye inbetween?
    Second path is following the "modern" path. PAF taste with an aggressive, liquid and "singing voice" twist. In they BKP forum a lot of people said Emerald.
    I don't really need absolutely a BKP, I'm open to different model and makers. I just need something that could "bear" the 59/09, and give me middle tones bright, warm and sweet.

Sorry for this "wall of text", and thank you for reading.

Cristian

10. zimbloth

Hi Cristian. Its ok but I would have preferred you didn't resurrect a thread from 2009. You can always just send me an email or PM, or visit our website World class guitars, amps, pickups, gear, and tech services - The Axe Palace. Lets continue this discussion elsewhere.

11. Carlos Rivera

Carlos Rivera Gasteroid

OK, sorry. I wrote you on facebook. Hope I won't bother you. :wavey: