The 5 New Mods

Discussion in 'Site News & Support' started by Alex, Dec 18, 2008.

1. DDDorian

DDDorian Mantis Toboggan, M.D Super Moderator

I agree. Why DID you know it would be me?

2. ohio_eric

ohio_eric Contributor

Neither of them has taken any actions that the more experienced mods have not approved of. So they really don't need your help in doing their job.

3. djpharoah

djpharoah Awwww Yeaaaah Super Moderator

Thanks for the vote of confidence Steve :lame: but I never threatened you with a ban. I also don't think this is appropriate as this would have never happened with the old set of mods so why are you starting now? :noway:

4. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

Well, I see my lightheartedness above may not be getting the point across.

Listen guys,
    Regardless of who agrees or disagrees with our selections, this fact remains that this is what it is. I challenge you to find 2 better music forums than ss.org or mg.org. The admin/mods here love this place & it will not turn into a gang of whiny girls who have nothing better to do than saying "That sucks", "This sucks" or "That guy sucks." There have been way too many forums ruined that way. Ain't happening. This place has maintained a standard to remain a cut above the rest. It really comes down to this...

A) Embracing the changes that have occured this year & stand together as one, thus having a great little home on the net.
    B) Go with the flow (as many have on other forums) & disrespect the many hours of work the admin/mods have put into keeping this place a cut above the rest.

Love it or leave it. Simple as that. What's it gonna be? I'm really hoping that all of us will come together, take the road less travelled & choose Option A.

arktan likes this.
  5. flickoflash

flickoflash BitchBoy

Congrats new mods !!!

6. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

i have been lucky enough to have already met most of you so heres :hbang: to ya!

7. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

You have 666 posts :eek:

8. playstopause

playstopause Contributor

Ok, I didn't want to chime in beside adressing congrats to the new mods, but now I have to. And like Shannon said, let's try to keep light-hearted, mmkay?

IMHO, I agree that constructive criticism is the way to go and that maybe Techno's post was on the line... But, it's pretty arrogant on your part, DDDorian to post such words like 3 days after beeing named a mod. Especially to a guy like Techno. If you guys want respect, it goes both way, right?. Keep in mind that there is many guys here that : have been MVP's for a long time, have been here longer, have way more posts (so they've been around a lot), have higher rep levels, have higher thanks levels compared to most of the newly selected mods. Hell, some of the new mods has been banned before so how's that for credibility? Again IMHO, it's mostly these guys that's makes the forum what it is. And it's food for thoughts since IMO, there's one part of beeing in the "inner circle" and one part of luck in beeing named a mod. There's not a real logic to it, so modesty is in order.

Now, the new mods are the new mods and that's what it is. That need to be respected. Nothing to argue. So let's keep it joyful! :D

9. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

Dammit, I missed it. :lol:

Re-ban me at once! :wub:

And as a side note, I hate seeing longtime members of this site arguing. Both Mesh and Steve have contributed beyond belief to ss.org and both of them (mod or not) have my absolute respect and gratitude for everything they've done.

The only thing I'd have done differently here would have been make it 6 new mods, and include Shawn, because honestly nobody deserves it more than he does.

Edit: And I'd have punted that bitchass Shannon guy. He sucks. :fawk:

10. El Caco

El Caco Djavli te ponesli Contributor

This statement is dead on.

I can't agree with this, the authority of a new mod was challenged, it does not matter if some believe that the mod does not deserve their position, this has never been tolerated and it does not matter how long someone has been here or how much rep they have, no one is above the rules. In regards to respect going both ways Techno was first disrespectful. As for being here longer, being MVP having more posts, none of these would be enough to choose a mod on there own. Some MVP's have cause trouble, before rep was turned off in OT rep was handed out for E. I can't speak for the selection process but in my case I was considered because I let it be known that I care about the forum and offered my help if it was required, I imagine that my previous conduct was taken into consideration and I have never been in the "inner circle", I will add that I have never had any ambition to become a mod, like GOTM I only put my hand up because I saw a need.

Thank you.

The actions that the mods have taken over the last few days have been primarily based on what you guys asked for and complained about after some of the old mods left. Except for the no brainers (spam) no action has been taken by the new mods that has not been first discussed with the existing mods and the new mods have only tried to enforce the existing rules, so consider anything that has been done by any of the new mods as a mod team decision. In regards to the classified section, the rules are the same as they have always been, the information in the new format has always been required, the format is an attempt to ensure that every listing has the correct information so that there is no need to remind people everyday to edit their listing. The only rule that is absolutely new is one that has been created to stop pointless clutter. Eventually we hope that these changes will be made redundant but that is out of our hands.

On behalf of the new mods I just want to say we are here for you guys, we wish to keep this place the number one resource for 7 string and extended range guitar on the net and keep the crap out so that this forum continues to be as fun as it is and help it to continue getting better. As for me, I think this forum is filled with a great bunch of people, as a group I think we have become something more than just a collection of anonymous people with similar interests, I feel like I know many of you as friends and yes friends sometimes give each other the shits and some more often than others. I plan to continue to contribute and participate as I have in the past with the only difference being if I see spam or someone trying to start shit with my mates (all you guys) I can do something about it now.

techjsteele likes this.
  11. ohio_eric

ohio_eric Contributor

So let it be written. So let it be done. :D

12. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

I gotta agree with steve, here. What techno-steve did was out of line, entirely. If he had a complaint, he could have taken it up with Mesh, alex, or any of the other mods. Instead, he decided to come into a thread welcoming the new dudes, and bitch like a little bitch. If you're gonna talk about giving respect, thats not the way to go about getting or giving it.

Sure it is. THats why we keep shan-poo around. :lol:

13. playstopause

playstopause Contributor

The contrary would have really surprised me. ;)

hufschmid likes this.
  14. DDDorian

DDDorian Mantis Toboggan, M.D Super Moderator

From what I understand, the new mods were selected via discussion between Alex and the older mods, with Alex throwing names at them and them giving their opinions. I honestly don't know why I was nominated or who vouched for me; I can only imagine Alex picked me because he's dealt with me before in regards to front-page interviews and feels comfortable with me being a mod (and also knows that I'm on here all the goddamn time:lol:). I agree that the list was a mixed bag, and if you'd asked me beforehand who'd get picked I would have guessed maybe one of the five people that were actually chosen, but there was logic to it, so to suggest the five of us became mods by pure chance would be incorrect.

As for the warning I gave technomancer, I did it knowing that if it didn't come from me it would have come from one of the other mods, so I went ahead and gave it. Personally, I don't really care if you call out mods for being inept or doing stupid shit, especially if it's warranted and especially if it's directed at me, but to act as if it's somehow audacious of the new mods to moderate because OMG MY POST COUNT > YOURS isn't going to get you anywhere, whether stated or implied. I don't see how someone could have so much to complain about after one day, which makes me think there's something bigger behind it. Oh well.

15. playstopause

playstopause Contributor

Hey guys, it was just my opinion. I meant what I said but it's worth what it's worth. :lol:
    But S7 and DDD, thanks for the enlightenment. Let's keep this a celebration thread. My bad I had to add my 2 cents.
    It's a Jason influence from my early days on this very forum. :rofl:

This forum is the greatest, i'm sure it will stay the same. Christmas is coming, we're all going to say we love each other again. :drew: :lol:

16. Ryan

Ryan SS.org Regular

Omg, is this thread still going? Is Ryan gonna have to choke somebody? :squint:

17. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

howabout some cuddling and awesome buttsecks instead ??? :wub:

18. Ryan

Ryan SS.org Regular

Now you're talking my language :wub:

19. Ryan

Ryan SS.org Regular

It was pretty funny :lol:

20. twiztedchild

twiztedchild Banned

:eek: