Texas SSO Members Check In

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M3CHK1LLA, Jul 27, 2013.

1. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Correction to above post. 42,000 gal x 4 tanks... so 168,000 gal. Not sure if they had any fuel deliveries come in last night or not.

We just filled up all 3 vehicles. Not super-long lines... maybe a vehicle or two to wait on at each pump. But we drove by at least two stations that were completely out. We paid $2.39 gal for reg unleaded fwiw.

2. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

Yeah, the refineries were offline for a while, so there will be a shortage and higher prices. But supply will probably be back next week and prices should come back down in a couple of weeks, maybe a month.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  3. Smoked Porter

Smoked Porter SS.org Regular

This is so goddamn annoying. You'd think that there was never going to be gas again by how a lot of people have reacted. Fucking dopes.

Luckily, I can use the University bus to get around in San Marcos if my tank gets too low. I saw the lines while there were still a couple stations open and noped out of that. Not worth the wait, and it could have been empty by the time I got there.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  4. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

It's like when you so much as touch a single ant and then they all begin scurrying around like the sky is falling. I think that things have settled down here even though some stations are still in short supply. Just a shame that so many people down in H-town area are having to start over.

5. Smoked Porter

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/08/31/hurricane-harvey-cars/619785001/

An estimated 300-500k owned vehicles destroyed in Houston, and up to a million total along the gulf coast line. As usual, this will screw the poor the worst, who either couldn't afford full coverage, or had properly maintained and well running older cars, which will have very little value the eyes of insurance companies. This isn't New York, it's way harder to get back to work without a car in Texas.

6. Smoked Porter

Did anyone else find the subscribe message combined with the whimsical indie elevator music at the end of this video tacky, or am I just being a grouchy cunt? Just seemed like a bad choice, given the subject matter.