Terrel Owens attempted suicide

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by zimbloth, Sep 27, 2006.

1. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

ESPN Radio just reported that TO injected large amounts of prescription painkillers "in a suicide attempt". Wow... the guy is a clown but I can't help but feel bad for this guy. Clearly has major issues.

2. rummy

rummy maybe this year Contributor

Yeah, I read this on the paper this morning. Man, this guy. He's detrimental to the team even in my fantasy league. :lol:

3. zimbloth

You're deterimental to your own team if you drafted the guy :)

4. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

I can't understand how talented individuals (and this goes for musicians, and others as well) who have so much going for them, feel the need to end their life...I just don't understand it. My life has been one complete disaster, from childhood...no from birth actually, all the way through, and yet I still FUCKING plug away, day by day, yo!

5. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

Man, this whole situation is really weird. I hope he's all right.

6. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

1. Who knows his early history?
    2. Everyone seems to think that mental health is always a personal decision. Consider people who are bipolar. They don't wake up and say, "Gee. I'm gonna be moody and fucking crazy today!" :lol: Brain chemsitry and physiology play a significant role.

My family, for instance, has a heridatry brain chemistry issue that causes issues of vertigo and something very akin to a bipolar condition. (Thankfully it appears to have mostly skipped me.)

7. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

Well, I don't entirely disagree, nor did I suggest that there is no mental illness amongst rockstars, atheletes and actors/actresses...what I did suggest is that there may be a percentage (small or large) of these limelighted individuals who, through their disillushioned existance, become prone to this type of behavior.

8. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

^ it could be an indication of how large of a percentage of people carry those psychological attributes. you can't get an accurate measure of how fat America is by watching TV, because producers generally pick physically fit for roles, but you can certainly get a glimpse into our psycho-makeup, as having a handle on all your marbles is not necessarily a prerequisite :)

9. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

10. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

He definitely has issues, that's for sure.

11. Vince

Vince Contributor

Holy fucking shit. This guy!!

12. Mykie

Mykie Fatal Havoc

This shit is driving me crazy, here is why. its been on the news nonstop all day today and it is all I hear while I am at work. I dont know what station it is on, but dont they have anything else to report on. I heard it wasn't that he was trying to commit suicide.

13. zimbloth

He and his publicist are trying to spin it now. I trust the police reports more than his publicist cunt who in the press conference said "Terrell has 25 million reasons to not to be suicidal", as if monetary success ever stopped people from being depressed :lol:

14. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

+1 having someone who is bipolar in my family, you can't really comprehend it if you've never dealt with it. The concept of having someone that you could put a gun to their head and say 'I'm going to kill you now' and they would reply 'I don't care' and genuinly mean it is incomprehensible to most people.

Then again, we have no clue if TO is mentally ill or just an asshole :eek:

15. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

yeah, i don't know why, but a solid percentage of my good friends have either been manic depressive or bipolar. it's definitely NOT an uncommon thing.

16. shadowgenesis

shadowgenesis Yarrrrrr

my family has its fair share of mental illness and emotional instability running in it. although i haven't been diagnosed, i think i may be bi-polar as i have struggled with clinicial depression since elementary school. I mean i know what it's like to feel fucking low and have your fair share of issues, but i don't really think that justifies letting it take a toll on people around you like a football team.
    Like. if the guy's got issues, i hope he can work on them. But i don't want to hear people using emotional problems as an excuse for being an asshole.

go eagles! :p

17. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

Well, whoever that guy is....he's an idiot. :agreed:

18. YYZ2112

YYZ2112 Um, yeah..... Contributor

Yeah.... that really pissed me off when she said that too. Who knows what really happened that night, but it's just another thing to add to the ever growing list of strange things this guy has done over the years. Either get some help or stop whining and complaining about hard your life was and is.... I'm getting very tired of hearing about his tough childhood and everything else. He has money and a ton of people around him to point him in the right direction to get help.