Tea thread!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Faine, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Fat-Elf

Fat-Elf Banned

I love tea! Got back into drinking it last week. My all-time favorite must be "Emperor's Bride" which is a ceylon tea with some elderberry in it. I also like green tea and peppermint tea (especially when I have a flu). Planning on dropping off all the sodas next summer and only drink some cold green tea.

2. theoctopus

theoctopus 乇レ 刀uᄊ乇尺o u刀o

I didn't drink any caffeine from 2005 until 2012. I always joked that medical school would break me. It did.

Anyway, it's great to be back to tea. I really missed it, since I never touched the decaf stuff that isn't worth drinking. The wife has a big hardon for Earl Grey, so we have many variants of that around the house.

3. Fat-Elf

Fat-Elf Banned

Ran out of Emperor's Bride so I bought some Samurai. Actually having the first taste of it right now, pretty good. :)

Nordqvist - Samurai

4. coffeeflush

coffeeflush SS.org Regular

Green Mint tea for mornings. Keep me awake. Don't know what i'd do without.

5. infernalservice

infernalservice SS.org Regular

I like most Numi brand teas, but my favorites are the gunpowder green and their lemongrass one. Also a big fan of the green dragon iced tea from Honest Tea. All their stuff is amazing.

Have you tried a Kombucha yet?

6. Aevolve

Aevolve Yugen.

I'm picking up some new tea soon-

Any recommendations?

I'm a fan of mostly all black and green teas. Recommendations can be both loose leaf or bagged.

Thank you :yesway:

7. phugoid

phugoid SS.org Regular

If you can find it, try hojicha. It's Japanese roasted green tea. Makes a redish-golden smoky brew that's to die for.

8. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Copper-knot Hongcha is a personal favorite. As well as Golden Monkey. I think my most consumed type of tea, though, is black dragon pearls from Teavana:
    [​IMG]

9. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

I want some fucking tea right now :lol:

10. matt397

matt397 Tr00f

I just picked up a tin of Golden Monkey, Cha Yen Thai Tea and Kenyan Tinderet. I have to say by far the Golden Monkey is my favorite. I would like to try Copper Knot Hongcha and the dragon pearls. This is my first introduction to high end teas and so far I am loving it. Any recommendations for black teas ?

11. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

We have some Blue Lady, which is nice.

12. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

Drinking my mom's vanilla sleepytime tea, right now. lol

Can anyone recommend something to me that's fairly sweet, but caffeine-free? (I can't really drink caffeine anymore :c)

13. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

I loves me some Earl Grey and Lapsang(sp?)

A little milk and/or honey goes well with most teas, but no plain white sugar, EVER.

Or sugar substitute for that matter.

If you wanna add sugar, use some sugar-in-the-raw (or a generic variant), it's like a much milder version of brown sugar.

Not as sweet as brown and has a good flavor that won't overshadow your tea.

14. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I bring a liter of 'mugicha' with me to work every day. I think in English that would be 'barley tea'? Anyways its quite a bit different from most tea. I actually don't even think its made with tea leaves.

15. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

Barley tea? Interesting.

How does it taste?

16. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

I usually bring a liter of Lipton black tea to work every day, because I'm a sweet tea fanatic. I think I'm going to start using some of my high end teas, though. They're much better for you and taste more exciting. Also, my girlfriend's best friend just came back from Paris and brought us some of this:
    [​IMG]

Thé Ladurée. French black tea with a bit of citrus and flowers. Very smooth, and not too powerful.

17. LarksTongue

LarksTongue SS.org Regular

It is funny I found this thread, I'm currently wearing my real men drink tea shirt. As for my favorites, that is tough. I have some Gao Shan, a 2011 Taiwanese high mountain oolong that I am rather fond of. If I'm in the mood I have a brick of 2010 Cha Tou Pu'erh, it is a real cheap Pu'erh, but it is super easy to brew and tasty in a thermos. My 2012 Korean Sejak (a green tea) is also rather good, really light, but the body of the tea is excellent.

18. Jakke

Jakke Pretty wisdomous

I feel bad for currently drinking bagged earl grey..

19. thatguyupthere

thatguyupthere is rockin out

I love to put maca and honey in my chai.

Earl grey is possibly my favorite black tea; bergamot is amazing. but I also love green tea and assortments of herbal teas like chamomile and blue berry....can't think of anything else I like at the moment.

I haven't really gotten into any other brands of tea other than celestial, and I love to go down to The Tea Emporium and pick out fresh tea; fresh as in it's just not packaged.

I just love to try all sorts of teas! Exotic or regular! Also, I almost NEVER use sugar. I like to sweeten with honey or just leave it unsweetened

20. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

Same here. I'm becoming a little bit of a tea connoisseur. Plus, I stock tea at my job.

I'm glad that someone made this thread!

Same boat here, mate. Just can't afford the fancy stuff. And all I drink is straight water, hot tea, or almond milk.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I like to do is take some of the Celestial brand bagged french vanilla tea and give it some almond milk (regular or the sweetened vanilla kind) and a tiny bit of sugar. Awesomeness!

Also, good vanilla rooibos tea is something that I usually feel free to add in whatever I want:
    • option 1: orange peel and squeeze some juice from an orange and add in a careful drop or two of vanilla extract. (Gives a "dreamsicle" sort of taste.)
    • option 2: orange peel and a little extra ground ginger.
    • option 3: squeeze out some juice from a pomegranate (I usually have to use some of the leftover ground tea for extra "tea-flavor" because the juice straight from a pomegranate tastes really strong to me)
    • option 4: squeeze out some juice from a few raspberries and add in a careful drop or two of vanilla extract. (Gives a "berries 'n creme" sort of taste.)

^ In case anyone is wondering, I'm using TAZO vanilla rooibos tea (the kind in the square metal canister) as my reference and tea of choice right now.