Tea Drinkers

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by josh pelican, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Bron martin

Bron martin SS.org Regular

I prefer loose tea, because your choices are almost limitless. Today, I walked into David's tea, tea, because I feel desire. As long as I step, I meet the lovely, fresh sample to the longevity of oblong tea. This tea has a yellow colour and a strong fruit flavour. It contains peach and apricot pieces, almonds, orange peel, safflower petals. Taste is not strong smell, but it is still delicious.

2. lava

lava Gelatinous

Been drinking soba cha (Japanese buckwheat tea) lately. Great as a pre-bedtime tea. Anybody dig that stuff?

3. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Never heard of it. What's it like?

4. Nevertaken

Nevertaken SS.org Regular

I get most of my tea from Adagio.com, I haven't ordered from many sites, but I really like their tea and prices. I'll have to check out Teavana.

Citron Green is my absolute favorite:
    Green tea from China with the delicate flavors of lemon and lime.

I also really like the Masala Chai and Thai Chai, and recently bought some Earl Grey Bravo and Irish Breakfast. I mostly drink Black and Green Tea, but I like white also. I tend to avoid the herbal teas.

And I use a "Finum Brewing Basket" I got from Amazon.

It is about the same size as a mug, so the leaves basically float freely, but leaves nothing behind when you take it out. Much better than the tea ball/spoon thing I used to use, and you can also fit more tea to brew a whole pitcher without having to strain it after, for iced tea and such.

5. lava

lava Gelatinous

[​IMG]

It's a really mellow wheaty flavor. Has a sort of roasty overtone, like genmai cha green tea does.

6. Kalan

Kalan SS.org Regular

I love tea, not as many people drink it here though :scratch:

7. Blind Theory

Blind Theory SS.org Regular

I haven't met a tea I don't like. :lol:

I don't like coffee because the extreme amounts of caffeine fuck my stomach up (long story) so tea can be a great alternative. Plus, it is super relaxing and I just love the taste of a really good cup of tea. I LOVE raspberry ice tea but that is the only non-hot tea that I like. I love the orange spice teas, my mom was gifted a box set of tea from a friend who has since passed that had really good fruit teas. Now all that is left are chamomilles, earl grey's, mint type stuff. Still good but I have a hard on for fruit. Tea. It's for bad ass mofo's!

8. nathanwessel

nathanwessel Nathan Wessel

Huge tea drinker. Surprisingly, Kroger (an east coast-ish grocery) has their own brand that is inexpensive and delicious!

9. linqua

linqua SS.org Regular

hello! im overdue for venturing into the world of loose leaf teas. where should i start? anyone recommend a good puerh? seems like an interesting tea

10. bandinaboy

bandinaboy SS.org Unsui

I like to drink herbal tea at night before sleep. Recently I fell in LOVE with Kava tea. I have never felt so good from drinking something that tasted so good.

11. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Try some sencha, chun hao, some Ceylon, some gunpowder, some silver needle, and some Matcha. Can't think of any specific type of pu ehr, though. Sorry!

12. linqua

linqua SS.org Regular

thanks for the quick reply! i will look into those for sure. whats your preffered place to order from?

13. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

I'm in the UK so probably not the best person to ask, but give Samovar a look. They're based in San Francisco.

14. Blind Theory

This makes me want to go and buy some legit tea. All this talk of loose leaf teas and oolongs and oblongs and ding dongs makes me want to drink tea way more often...probably should take my cigar money and put it towards tea. I imagine it is healthier for me that way:lol:

15. linqua

linqua SS.org Regular

yeah man go for it. plus, its cheaper than cigars, trust me. it feels weird, i used to be all about cigars and pipes haha but anymore its just unappealing and while ive always consumed massive amounts of tea, im drinking it more than ever. and like i said, more money for gear. feelsgoodman.

16. Blind Theory

Sweetness. I've always loved hot tea. I also love me the occasional cigar as well. Tea is a lot healthier, though.:lol: And it isn't so much the money just because I don't smoke a ton, can't afford to do it every other day. I just think developing a tea drinking habit is better than being 76 with half a jaw.:lol:

17. Dead Undead

Dead Undead Thundercrafter

Got a taste for Oolong. Best stuff ever.

[​IMG]

A close second is Lapsang Souchong. That stuff is... weird. I love it.

18. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Lapsang is the Islay whisky of tea. It rules.

19. MikeyLHolm

MikeyLHolm SS.org Regular

I drink mainly green tea, no coffee / black teas. Sometimes hitting white tea but thats about it. Need to read the topic thru later with more thought as I'm "working" atm. Favourite taste is surely some form of Mint. Usually drinking the basic teas i can find from average markets, but should really find some place to buy nice UberMintTea.

20. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

I've been getting more and more into loose leaf teas myself lately and was curious what folks are using to heat their teas if they are going for "exact" temperatures you're supposed to use for the specific tea in the pot (160, 175, 180, 190, 212 degrees etc.)? I looked at a few tea-makers and electric kettles and they all seem to have issues that are either related to rusting out the bottom (which can lead to fires later :lol:) or not being BPA-free and having boiling water hit plastic that is not BPA-free is not only a health issue but also makes the tea taste funky. Any suggestions? I was hoping to buy something new today as boiling on the stove is not exactly a perfect science and I'd prefer to get as close as possible as easily as possible. :)