Tax Bill about to Pass (actually matters)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by wankerness, Nov 30, 2017.

1. narad

narad SS.org Regular

By that logic I would be forced to spend my entire life reading up on every religion ever created. We all have to prioritize, so if someone presented some alternative theory with tons of real evidence, I might give it the time of day. Frankly I think you're being closed minded to adopt a belief with so little evidence in the face of the overwhelming evidence for how things actually are and how unbelievably complicated it would be to carry out such large-scale manipulation.

And really I wouldn't care what you think but you keep turning every political thread into a conspiracy thread. There's already a place for that -- it's the conspiracy thread. It'd be like if I spent my day clogging up every pickup suggestion thread claiming it doesn't matter because magnets don't exist. Because this bill actually matters, and this nonsense really does not.

All I'm going to say is I pray there's never a day where I wind up accused of a crime in front of a jury of you and 11 like-minded people. "He admits that the last thing he said to her was 'see you later', and she was stabbed in the eye! Case closed in my book!"

AxeHappy and zappatton2 like this.
  2. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Wow, that last paragraph was pretty off point, though it did make me laugh. I think there is a difference in showing distrust in Government and believing one way or another whether or not someone committed murder. That's a bit of a fucking stretch if you ask me.

3. narad

narad SS.org Regular

There is a difference in showing distrust in Government and believing that government policy is determined for centuries by a secretive cabal of powerful men, forged in ivy league lodges, who undermine our entire democracy in a tradition that goes back to pirates. And who are brazen enough to spell out their existence on the dollar bill just so everyone on the planet can see it. And all the people that find out about it are assassinated (in ways that appear to be natural causes to the skeptics), except for all the people on the internet who talk openly about it. That's a bit of a fucking stretch if you ask me.

tedtan, AxeHappy, vilk and 3 others like this.
  4. PunkBillCarson

Well I mean if they just start killing a shit ton of people who even know a little bit about it, it's going to be VERY fucking obvious that something's up and then the jig is up anyways. The only thing protecting them now is a bunch of sheeple who blindly follow them and call everyone else who tries to expose it "nuts." Ever wonder why certain entertainment forms on conspiracies and such are NEVER shut down? Because it'd be the biggest goddamn red flag visible to everyone this side of a functioning brain.

5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I always thought open mindedness was evaluating things fairly on their merits. Spending your whole life researching everything anyone says to you is more like gullibility. Spending all your time researching this stuff and still coming up with your answers is a broken bullshit-o-meter.

On the topic of this tax plan: Americans, I'm so sorry so much of your money is being taken from you and handed to billionaires. I'm so sorry any semblance of affordable healthcare is being taken from you. I hope you guys can bounce back soon and get some better politicians.

On the topic of a two party system: the alternative seems to result in governments that can't from coherent policy and are too weak to implement anything. At least in my recent experience. So maybe that'd work for you libertarians, but then it's just a government that's taxing you and doing nothing.

Things are complicated. Also, if I were some shadow government (which I stress again, I'm not), I don't think I'd care that much about symbolism. Seems like the time spent hiding clues could be spent on literally anything else.

Also, I typed this all on my phone, so persecute me if I've made any spelling or grammatical errors.

AxeHappy, zappatton2 and Randy like this.
  6. narad

narad SS.org Regular

On the other hand, if there's no conspiracy, there'd be no one bothered to then request that such sites get shut down...

Exactly what a shadow government employee would say! #woke

7. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Nah man. It's because some people read fantasy novels and some people live fantasy novels.

8. PunkBillCarson

There would be no such things as conspiracies if there were never any reasons for them to exist.

9. PunkBillCarson

I don't know what else to tell you. Clearly you're not taking this seriously to even consider:

[​IMG]

Unleash The Fury likes this.
  10. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Yeah, but analogously, in science when people hypothesize incorrectly based on legitimate observations, they hold their hands up and admit defeat when they turn out to be wrong.

There's no shame in jumping to the wrong conclusion, it's when holding onto those conclusions flies in the face of everything else we know that there's a problem.

11. PunkBillCarson

That's just it, though! This isn't some scientific theory that's turning out to be wrong. You're being fed what everyone WANTS you to believe. All we're asking is to open your mind a little. Trust me, I wish it was as simple as "hey you can trust the Government, they're here to take care of us" and I'm sure that at times there is occasionally somebody who genuinely does, but when someone starts taking care of us, they get assassinated or bought off. If somebody told me with absolute certainty today as in there could be no doubt whatsoever that what we think is happening isn't, then I would be willing to concede, throw up my hands, and admit I was wrong, but there's way in hell I'm willing to take the word of people that I don't trust on that.

12. narad

narad SS.org Regular

How can you post in a thread when you're "out"? These are the conspiracies I'm concerned with.

StevenC, AxeHappy and vilk like this.
  13. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

You ever play a Mario game and you try to make a jump that's just a bit too far? Well, when you can show me something that doesn't remind me of some of the more faith based parts of Lost Levels, then I'd be willing to concede, throw my hands up and admit I was wrong.

AxeHappy likes this.
  14. PunkBillCarson

He presented a point that I felt I had to counter, so I was back in. Happens on Shark Tank all the time.

15. Unleash The Fury

Unleash The Fury SS.org Regular

This thread is about a tax plan that everyone is bitching about because they think Trump is out to get them and fuck them....................but that would be a conspiracy!

Dont you see the irony in you calling me out about me talking about conspiracies?

16. PunkBillCarson

You can either believe me or your lying eyes and ears.

17. PunkBillCarson

Government doesn't fuck people, dude. They're always straightforward and forthcoming about everything they do.

Unleash The Fury likes this.
  18. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

And why are mine the lying ones?

19. PunkBillCarson

Because you're still looking at the back of your eyelids.

20. narad

narad SS.org Regular

AxeHappy and StevenC like this.