Tabletop Thread?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by lelandbowman3, Dec 14, 2017.

1. lelandbowman3

lelandbowman3 SS.org Regular

Lazily, I did not search for a tabletop thread, so here's a new one.

What have you been playing? Favorite systems? Homebrew stuff?

Right now I'm in the middle of a Call of Cthulhu campaign. It's my favorite because I enjoy the world and mythos of Lovecraft. I have most of the stuff released by Chaosium as well as Trail of Cthulhu. I use a modified CoC system (percentile) because for the most part, I like more storytelling and less system involvement. To me, too much interference creates a wall if a player fails a role that gives them parts needed to advance the story. Right now I have set sort of a prequel to Masks going, all homebrew.

2. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

My friends and I try to get together to play tabletop games every couple of weeks.

Some favourites:
    > Arcadia Quest/Masmora
    > Catan
    > House on the Haunted Hill
    > Evoluton
    > Codenames
    > Ticket to Ride

Earlier this year we tried running a D&D 5e campaign based off of the Adventure Zone podcast but couldn't find a decent schedule to accommodate everyone and it fell through. I think we'll all come back together for a new campaign but in the meantime I just listened to the Adventure Zone podcast instead, and it gave me a big ol' hankerin' to play some D&D.

I used to play Warhammer (Fantasy and 40k) about 15 years ago when I was a kid and am super sad to see what they did to the Fantasy tabletop game. From the sounds of it, it was so bad that anyone I knew that was into it changed over to War Machine instead.

3. lelandbowman3

Yeah, from what I see, Warhammer is mostly about war game miniatures.

4. lelandbowman3

Going to be running a new scenario using Roll20 online. WOuld anyone be interested in giving Call of Cthulhu a try?

5. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep SS.org Regular

Trying to arrange a game or two of Eclipse with my friends next week. I love board games but finding time for them is always difficult.

6. MUTANTOID

MUTANTOID SS.org Regular

COC is super fun on Roll20. PM me if you need an extra player!

7. lelandbowman3

Hey man! I just saw this after not being on for a while. I've got to get my stuff in order (moving, new job!) but if I need someone, I'll hit you up!

MUTANTOID likes this.
  8. Eptaceros

Eptaceros Wayfarer Contributor

Been playing loads of Catan lately since my girl got me the base game and Seafarers as gifts. Also have been messing around with Catan Universe when I can't get people together haha, it's a problem.