Tablature Software?

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by Defyantly, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Defyantly

Defyantly SS.org Regular

So I recently upgrade to a new-to-me iMac and my GuitarPro 6 was on my HP laptop. I have been toying with buying the new GP7.5 that they rolled out with but I figured I would drop a thread and see what everyone else was using. I have the free TuxGuitar but it seems miles behind GP. Could any of you offer up any suggestions? I am sort of on a tight budget due to the wife being pregnant with our first so most of the money is tied up into that. So GP is in the top end of my available funds.

2. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

Defyantly likes this.
  3. Defyantly

Defyantly SS.org Regular

4. Dayn

Dayn silly person

I think GP7 is to GP6 and GP5 like Windows 7 was to Vista was to XP. In other words, I think GP7 takes the best bits of GP5 and GP6 and refines them. It's not as quick and dirty as GP5, but it's far more flexible with the advanced features of GP6, but improved upon it all.

I'd recommend switching to GP7. Took a little bit of getting used to but no regrets. My only complaint is that I bought it because they said 7.5 had grand staff support. It's not: it's just two instruments mushed together onto one track. Having mixed tab and notation staffs puts two tab staffs on there. It's horrible. So there's that - just use it for standard notation only. Or a Chapman stick, I guess... But that's my only nitpick. For guitar-specific software, it's the best option.