Tab request megathread?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Zenki_Kouki, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Zenki_Kouki

Zenki_Kouki that one dude

I've been sitting on this idea for a while because I wasn't sure how to explain it.

I'm thinking about how a tab request megathread would work. I see individual threads every so often for specific bands/artists, but maybe we could rope them all together. Anyone can ask for help with a tab and it'd be open to anyone who could reply with an answer like the stickied threads in the Beginners/FAQ subforum. I think it could be done because we all seem to work pretty well with each other at piecing things together, for example this thread, and I feel it'd bring more visibility to everyone's questions.

I know most people just go to UG for all of their guitar tab needs, but sometimes some things just aren't there, and there's also the fact that at least from what I've observed, SSO's community is more mature, musically experienced and willing to help out than the other.

Doing a quick search in the forums on UG for 'Tabs' or 'Tab request' will bring a bit of results but little to no replies, more 'obscure' artists and bands get lost in the wash of bigger musical giants, and I never see the 'requested tabs' page move at all, so I figured we could help each other out with something like this.

OmegaSlayer, EvA, asher and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

This is a fantastic idea.

3. Basti

Basti not much space to wr

I second the motion

4. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Like it too!

5. asher

asher So Did We

I... fifth the motion?

6. EvA

EvA bskaiwndhabworirnwsf

This a brilliant idea :yesway:
    I have been trying to find tabs for bands like Octopus, they just don't exist anywhere. I have been slowly figuring a couple of songs out by ear which is very fun, if a little frustrating :ugh: but having the tabs would save time