T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Colin Farrell was the only thing keeping me interested during the first 3 episodes, but the rest was so boring that I said "Fvck this." and gave up on it, which I'm glad I did. Everything I've heard is that it's super slow and everyone was/is trying to be McCoughnay from S1, which is impossible to do; you can't have an entire cast of 'out there detectives' you need the straight-man along with it.

2. MetalheadMC

MetalheadMC SS.org Regular

Ive started watching Californication again from the very beginning since I missed so much. It has to be my favorite show by far right now.

Btw, the opening scene is the perfect way to start a series :lol:

3. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

One of the benefits of being late to the party with premium cable is having some of the older stuff be new to me. Currently working my way through The Sopranos, a third of the way into Season 2. I'm enjoying it as I'm a sucker for mafia/mob stuff. Now, is it supposed to be a black comedy or am I kind of twisted?

I've been watching True Detective season 2. It's nowhere near as good as the first season, and while it's stupendously flawed in some ways, I'm still enjoying it. I'm trying to figure out if there is some attempt at a clever "time is a flat circle" deal with the parallels between the two seasons or if the tropes are shamelessly being reused.
    There's the random missing girl case presented at the beginning that seems unrelated but then ties back into the plot... the strange religious sect that the victim was involved with... the Powerful Connected People Do Kinky Sex Stuff in Secret trope... hookers, in bulk!... the mid-season shootout with people running a meth lab that seems to signal the end of the investigation (to the satisfaction of certain crooked cops)... the cop who seemingly lost his soul deciding to get back on the case 'cuz it's right, dammit... am I missing anything?

4. MFB

MFB ExBendable

It has its moments in the early seasons but overall I got bored of it real quick. Think I finished S3 and it just wasn't worth continuing

5. MetalheadMC

MetalheadMC SS.org Regular

Ah thats not what I want to hear. Thanks for the heads up

6. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

I couldn't even make it through the first episode. My wife and I decided we'd wait until we heard that it got really good before binge watching it... That has yet to happen. Has it finished already? I've no idea.

Started rewatching Weeds - initially purely because Mary-Louise Parker is stupid hot, but damn it's a good show. Great cast.

7. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk SS.org Regular

I need to finish watching that. I like the way they play that whole scenario straight.

Did I mention Mr. Robot? Fantastic, although I have no idea where they're going with this Tyrell Wellick character.

8. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

just finished up "last ship" and cant wait to see season 2.

also got through with sea. 1 of "hogans heroes" and started "land of the lost"

9. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

been watching dare devil on netflix with the wife. we are up to the last episode

good show. It took me a couple episodes to get into it

10. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

Yeah, I just caught up with Mr. Robot and holy ...., it's such a good show. With a good chunk of my friends being in computer engineering, and myself being a new Linux user, this show interests me for more than just the plot, writing, and/or acting, :lol: which are already stellar. I really like Tyrell Wellick's character. I initially honestly thought I wasn't really going to care for him, or that he was going to be a typical one-dimensional (two-dimensional at best) villain, but bow was I wrong. The last episode that came out really made me like his character a lot more. Can't wait for the finale on Wednesday! :D

Oh, also, Tyrrel Wellick's wife, Joanna. Stephanie Corneliussen. What a stunning looking girl, Jesus. :eek:

11. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk SS.org Regular

Oh, good, so they're not done? 'cause that would have been a really infuriating place to stop. I was all like WTF?!?!? They're going to leave it like that? Last couple of episodes have really surprised me with the direction they went.

His SISTER?!?!? Where the el did that come from?

12. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

I am loving the direction they're going in. I wanted it to take that turn, too, as they hadn't really touched much on that aspect of his psyche.

I KNOW. To be honest, that was the only thing that I didn't even remotely consider at any point. Mr. Robot being his father I saw coming from the second he pushed Elliot off the rail at the beach. And then Mr. Robot not even being a real person also kind of came to me after seeing him randomly appear in Elliot's office, and nobody seems to even slightly notice him (and, now that I think about it, the weird look the bartender gives Elliot when he orders the appletini. Hints all over. EDIT: in fact, if I didn't like something, was how anti-climactic the reveal of his father being just an illusion was. That entire episode was full of clues from the very beginning). Somehow I smelled some kind of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on. But her being his sister? No way.

13. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Infidel

Yup, definitely a dark comedy aspect to it. And it only gets better. I loved Sopranos so much I wish I could erase it from my memory just so I could experience it all over again. Paulie Walnuts is the .....

Just finished the Netflix original Narcos over the weekend. Very, very cool show. As in, watched all 10 episodes in 2 days, cool.

And I really enjoyed Marco Polo so much I've watched it twice now.

Highly recommend both.

14. M3CHK1LLA

just finished season 5 of the walking dead...

...now i gotta wait another year to find out what happens :lol:

15. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Infidel

^

Season 6 starts in October.

16. M3CHK1LLA

i got rid of my dish years ago...

when dish went from $19.99 to $95 a month, i decided to put that money else where.

17. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

started watching narcos over the weekend

wasn't sure what to expect but its a good show

18. Gravy Train

Gravy Train Night Fiddler

Never saw Sons of Anarchy when it was on T.V., so I bought the series box set. Midway through season 6 and damn what a ride. Totally in love with it!

19. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

Fear The Walking Dead, though only coming on Episode 3, is good stuff so far. Not as graphic as the core show (which I like, since I'm not into gore) and some great acting from the son (Nick) and the lead male (forget his name).

Anyway, I don't know how I ever got into the Walking Dead to begin with, but I'm pumps for the new season. Being a straight male, I can honestly say that Andrew Lincoln is some real man-crush material :lol: - Rick Grimes is such a badass character.

20. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

He has the most tiresome and constant "grimace of emotional pain" since Jack from Lost!