T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

I know I'm spamming Vikings, and I apologize, but this was too funny not to share (at least for those who follow the show). No spoilers, so no worries.

2. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Finished up "Dig"

Spoiler alert:

I really enjoyed the series but I'd like there to have been a cliffhanger. They pretty much tied it up neatly which means it's likely not coming back. They killed off nearly everyone so not sure what would be next anyways.

PS: Looking forward to "Mr Robot" on the same network.

3. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

only thing that i have really been watching for the past month or so is star trek: tng. i also binged on netflix's daredevil one weekend.

4. Alberto7

Just finished Vikings, and holy crap. What a ride. Beyond the sheer badassery of it, I did find a particularly great show. Each season gets grander and more epic. Granted, by the end of the 3rd season it does feel like it gets a little too grand for its own good, and the pacing changes considerably (and not necessarily for the better), but with how good everything else was, I really didn't mind. It had me bawling my eyes out while clamoring for glory, I was really into it. :lol: I thought the acting was absolutely superb, and the sets and costumes incredibly beautiful (not to mention the cast; yowza :eek:). I was seriously impressed.

5. Alberto7

I feel like I'mm hijacking this thread all of a sudden, but I had a long list for the summer. :lol:

Really glad I gave Orphan Black a chance. It takes a while to pick up the pace, but by the end of episode 5 things begin to get very interesting, and things slowly begin to unravel. I suddenly even like the main character. Also, Tatiana Maslany... Jesus, the mental effort it must take to portray so many vastly different characters at once, that girl is nuts! :eeK:

6. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Yeah i had not the slightest idea he was going to jump out of the casket :hbang:!!! He set that up insanely well, and so did the script writers:lol:. I'm such a fool thinking he was leaving the show or would maybe be a constant spiritual-presence figure, like in everyone's visions and dreams giving guidance or something lol.

Now I'm thinking he'll recover and be fine for next season.

"the dead will conquer Paris" (I'd totally forgotten that the "wiseman" had said that)

7. Alberto7

Haha yeah, I knew something would happen, and
    his death did seem a little too sudden to me, and it was unlike Vikings to kill the main character off just like that, so I knew something was up. It still caught me by surprise though! It was pretty great.
    However, in an interview I read with Michael Hirst (the creator), he did say that the beginning of season 4 is going to make big emphasis on the fact that he is sick, and not just sick, but ill enough that his life is in danger. He also said that, at one point or another, he can definitely envision Vikings without Ragnar as the main character, but that he'd like to create a stronger bond between his succesors (his children) and the audience, so that it wouldn't feel like there was a gaping hole left behind upon his death.

EDIT: here's the interview in question http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vikings-ragnar-twist-season-4-790685

-------

And talking about Orphan Black, everything past the first episode in the second season just feels like they're purposely stretching out the plot as much as they can to make it more intricate and complicated. It doesn't feel natural anymore. Every time the show answers a question, 10 more pop up, and it is honestly frustrating. I do think I'll catch up with the show, but I am growing tired of it. Some of the characters aren't even interesting anymore.

8. Alberto7

All caught up with Orphan Black. I wouldn't call it a great show, but it is good. For as many downfalls as it has, it's certainly engaging, and has a lot of great moments. Pretty unique premise and interesting acting (one actress for like 9 different roles? Jeez! :eek:)

Started Downton Abbey. I'm only on episode 3, but I really like it so far. It feels like a top-tier soap opera of sorts. :lol: Beautiful cinematography, great acting, and lovely soundtrack. Very slow-paced and feels rather casual, but it's really good nonetheless. Will keep watching.

9. Carcaridon

Carcaridon SS.org Regular

Now that Justified is over, which was my favorite show, I've switched gears to Sons of Anarchy. I really like this show a lot. In season 5 now. Coming up on time to pick something new again at the rate I'm going through episodes.

10. crg123

crg123 SS.orgLocalArchitect

True Detective

11. Skyblue

Skyblue SS.org Regular

True Detective.

Feels like season 2 is pulling the same trick season 1 did- Great actors, and a plot that feels like it has lots of potential, but ends up staying relatively flat.

Still, a recommended watch.

12. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

If they're going to even vaguely stick to the legends, Ragnar will die eventually, and we'll have Bjorn and his brothers as the stars. I'm ok with that, as Alexander is growing on me.

13. Dcm81

Dcm81 SS.org Regular

Vikings rocks hard!!!
    If you know your "history" you recognise some things, but they're still surprising cause they happen stightly differently or to different people. For instance jumping out the coffin was actually done by Björn ;-)

Finished up season 1 of The Strain and I'm not sure where I stand. It started great and just seemed to get weaker and weaker. I'm not overly impressed but I watched enough to be at that damn stage that I need to know what happens next.

14. Alberto7

^ Aaahh interesting! I knew they did get to Paris, but never knew the coffin thing was part of the legends. I actually did a tiny bit of searching and reading around about norse mythology and viking legends, and I'm liking how they're handling the historical aspects of the show, even if they're deviating from it at points.

In other news, I'm on season 5 of Downton Abbey. At this point I just don't want to stop watching it, since I've come so far, but the first 3 seasons were a lot better, though I really am enjoying the storyline with the Bates's and what's happened to them. I found it to be a very well done show the first three seasons. It still is, but I find that the script started going south halfway through season 4.

15. jeremyb

jeremyb SS.org Regular

Just finished Wayward Pines, excellent series, really enjoying Humans and Mr Robot at the moment, brilliant stuff!

16. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk SS.org Regular

Archer, Lost Girl, Bitten, (do British shows count?) Broadchurch, Orphan Black, Mr. Robot -- Mr. Robot is my current fave. Haxorz.

17. Duosphere

Duosphere (oYo) Lover

I watched Archer first 3 chapters and they got me by surprise, I was expecting nothing or at least something bad but they really surprised me specially the Island parts.

18. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk SS.org Regular

Archer makes me laugh harder than just about any other show I've ever seen -- at least once per episode -- especially the first three seasons. It kind of trickles off a little bit, but that train top fight scene...and all the call backs...and if you watch with the subtitles, they continually call that one character Cheryl/Carol -- every time she talks.

19. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

i kinda stopped at episode 3. figure i'll finish GoT first then go back.

but season 2 definitely lacks any amount of wit and takes itself far too seriously... plus the amount of characters it follows leads to a lot really boring plot development.

Honestly would be better if it just focused on the lady cop and the mob boss

20. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Season 2 of True Detective is flat-out bad until the 7th episode. I'll see how the finale goes, but I don't think anything they can possibly do will make it worth watching the entire season. Rachel Mcadams is good, but her character is eventually revealed to be yet another lazy
    "oh she's damaged cause she got MOLESTED!!!"
    cliche. Colin Farrell is alright, and his character occasionally has good scenes. But, almost everything that Vince Vaughn does and EVERYTHING Taylor Kitsch does is mind-numbingly boring. There's so much incomprehensible, boring "intrigue" and I don't think anyone really fully understands what's going on. It certainly doesn't seem worth rewatching it repeatedly to puzzle it all out (if that's even possible, it might be an "Inherent Vice" where it's intentionally impenetrable, but I doubt it). There's a really, really silly CGI-infested shoot-out at the halfway point which some people thought was awesome, but it was massively out of place with everything else that's happened this season. There's some tension in the 6th episode, and some good stuff happens in the 7th, but again, I would highly advise against watching the first 5 episodes to get to it at this point. :p