T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Finished "12 Monkeys"

Can't wait until next season. :shred:

Also "Ancient Aliens" and it's much better so far than normal. Less of the "OMG, it's all aliens" stuff and more "isn't this intriguing?"

But Giorgio's hair is always the star.

2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Yup, definitely noticed the Ulver poster. Someone on the crew was definitely a fan trying to do a subtle reference for other fans instead of someone trying to do authentic set design, no way a kid like that would listen to Nattens Madrigal :D

3. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

That's my figuring. I would do questionable things for that poster, man - probably can't find it anywhere these days.

4. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

I'm a little late on the Breaking Bad train, but started it on the Easter weekend. Currently up to Season 4.

That and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's my favorite show right now.

5. wankerness

I liked that, it's got something of a 30 rock vibe. I was a big fan of Ellie Kemper beforehand, though (mainly based on interviews, though she was also one of the few watchable things about the last several seasons of the office). Some people I've talked to couldn't stand it cause they thought she was just annoying. I also really like Carol Kane, I had to go back and start watching all the Taxi episodes with Simka.

6. Bloody_Inferno

It's written by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock, and pretty much most of the entire 30 Rock crew are involved, right down to Jeff Richmond's music score. So fans of that show will feel right at home here.

In fact, it's the reason why I anticipated the show, for me it certainly delivered.

I really should watch the Office properly.

7. MFB

MFB ExBendable

99% sure she only does production for it and isn't involved with the writing. She does show up later in the show and really phones in her performance, which is a shame because if the character lived up to the idea of what it should've been; then her character would've been hilarious.

8. JustMac

JustMac ss not-so-regular

I've started Toast of London. Matt Berry is just fantastic, quality black comedy!

This is Clem Fandango, can you hear me?

9. wankerness

It's the best comedy show ever, if you treat the end of season 3 as the end of the series! After season 3 it ranges from average to terrible with maybe 1-2 episodes a season that are genuinely good. Seasons 2/3 are endlessly rewatchable and completely great though.

10. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

:agreed: Not that "the prosecution in the OJ Simpson trial really sucked" joke is really a bleeding-edge hot take, I thought it was amusing enough- until I realized that it if this was going to be it for her as an acting appearance on the show it would be a total waste. I at least hope they'll find a way to have more Jon Hamm.

11. Bloody_Inferno

I will admit that Fey's performance was a little phoned in and wasn't enough, but let's face it, all the trial scenes were all about Kemper and Hamm.

Watching this too. Got into it by Matt Berry alone, but agreed, it's a great show.

I've seen various episodes from different seasons but never sat down to watch it properly. Which is weird considering how much I loved Parks and Rec. I'll probably snag a box set, as I got into Arrested Development the same way, albeit very late.

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

See, I notice a lot of people say this, but I feel like besides their mockumentary style in the work place, that's where the similarities end.

13. wankerness

They're filmed in very similar styles and use a lot of similar gags and follow similarly mundane settings and both similarly jumped the shark by turning into mostly just a bunch of cutesy scenes of the damn characters pairing up and having weddings and "hilariously" declaring their love for each other and stuff. It's like the writers fell in love with their own characters too much and started just creating a big series of "audience-pleasing moments" instead of actually writing funny scripts. See: basically everything Jim and Pam do post-season 3. I loved the characters utterly in those first three seasons, couldn't care less after that.

Season 3 of Parks and Rec is up there with the early seasons of the office but I think it took a while to build to that and it rapidly plummeted in quality after that. No, I do not want to see one second of Leslie and Ben agonizing about whether they can be together or repulsively kissing each other, much less a substantial amount of this tomfoolery each episode! Argh.

14. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Back to ST shows on netflix while I wait for stuff to add back up on DTV. Deep Space nine is a relatively panned show, but I love it.

15. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

I finished Daredevil, and I really liked it. I particularly liked the main villain. It felt a lot more real than I thought it would, despite it being a show based on a superhero comic. It wasn't without its plot flaws, but they were quite minor and very forgivable when compared to the strenghts of the show. Pretty great stuff all throughout, I thought.

I also finished up till episode 3 of Orphan Black... meh, it's good, but it somehow bores me. I can't quite describe what it is, but halfway through every episode I've just wanted it to end asap. For whatever reason, though, I still want to know what happens later on, so I guess I'll keep watching.

Also finished episode 1 of Vikings. A more metal show has never existed. :metal:

16. Mordacain

Mordacain 1-watt brigadier

Yea, Daredevil was excellent. Vincent D'Onofrio as Fisk was just amazing.

Also, :agreed: on Vikings, totally badass.

17. Alberto7

Yeah, totally hooked on Vikings now.

My Norse Goddess :wub:

[​IMG]

I swear she is like half the reason I watch this show. :lol: Her, and Ragnar's badass undercut. Everybody's undercut, really. It's a show about fancy undercuts, all of which I want to have at some point. After so much anime and living in an environment that is overflowing with squeaky, fluffy, pink moe sh*t everywhere, this show is some of the best breaths of fresh air I've had in a long time. I needed my old comfort zone back. :lol:

18. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

She's seriously one of the hottest women I can even think of... And they do a good job on making her look homely and plain on the show.

19. Alberto7

Her actress, Katheryn Winnick, also holds a 3rd dan in Tae Kwon Do and a 2nd dan in Karate, and has her own martial arts schools. As a beginner practitioner in karate, that makes her 10x as hot. But yeah, I love the way she portrays her character; she has a really strong and perhaps even edgy personality, but also comes across as warm and comforting, which is really cool. Still gotta watch more to see how her character develops.

20. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

Black Sails (which I love)
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Game Of Thrones