T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

I don't get the hate for War Zone, it nailed the over the top gore and dark humor of Garth Ennis' run of the punisher. Stevenson was an excellent Punisher. I will say that the new netflix series has some good War Zone esque moments but generally sticks to a more serious tone. There's one scene where he cuts off a guys head, throws it at his friends and has a grenade taped to the head. That made me laugh so hard since that's something Ennis would write.

2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

But, Punisher isn't a character who should be hilarious, he's meant to be a character who you admire for what he is, but know that if he existed in the real world he'd be an absolute nightmare

3. KnightBrolaire

It's not that he's hilarious, it's more the quips he'd make on occasion and the very dark humor that was found in the netflix series/War Zone/Ennis' writing. One of my favorite examples from the comics is when this journalist is trying to blackmail frank and follows him around as he kills mafia members, interviewing him/filming the process. Basically he ends up getting horrifically injured in almost every engagement while frank walks away unscathed. It builds to an absurd level of stubbornness/dedication to the story that ends up with him accidentally falling into a wood chipper. Another one that sticks in my brain is the sewer midget mafia issue. Basically frank and wolverine partly team up and kill a pile of midget mobsters down in the sewers. The whole thing is absolutely insane, bordering on the point of absurdity, which is why I love it.

4. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

Just finished the new AHS....this has been the worst season yet for me

5. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

walking dead is limping along like a half decomposed zombie corpse . going nowhere and doing nothing in particular

6. Gravy Train

Gravy Train Night Fiddler

"Dark" on Netflix. It's kind of like a darker, German version of Stranger Things. It's very interesting and has had my attention these past couple of nights.

7. KnightBrolaire

been watching sword art online. I really dig the idea of an mmo where if you die in-game and you die irl. I know the idea has been done before but the characterization is pretty good and it puts enough tweaks on rpg ideas to be interesting imo.

8. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

finished off star trek discovery . It was ok . I'd say overall a watchable 6/10 .If I didn't commute every day I wouldn't have bothered getting all through it

9. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

walking dead mid season finale. horrible. this show is officially dead . writers should just give up and save face. they obviously have no ideas left

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  10. KnightBrolaire

you should check out the orville, it's basically what would happen if star trek had a comedy slant.

11. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Yeah, killing well liked people on the show is ridiculous. I mean I get that they can't always just kill off people that showed up two episodes ago or aren't well liked, but killing off a popular character two seasons in a row, plus the rehashing of the whole Governor idea more than once smacks of "we totally have zero fucking clue what to do anymore."

mongey likes this.
  12. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

yeah. Its not even character killing for me . the story line is so just convoluted and moronic with characters doing things that really make no sense

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  13. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

I watched The Punisher on Netflix and it was great. Seemed a bit tiring and somewhat cliche in the beginning, but it really picks up the pace quickly. I was surprised at the amount of violence in a show with the "Marvel" name on it. It felt morbidly good. :lol: The fight scenes were great. If there is one superpower I gathered that Frank Castle has, is his ability to take a near-death beating and be fine the day after. :lol:

I'm also currently watching the new season of The Crown. I still find it a fascinating show. Pacing seems quite a bit slower this time, but somewhat more maturely written. 5 episodes in and I still miss John Lithgow as Sir Winston Churchill. I hope he shows up later.

I'm still watching Parks and Recreation. It just gets funnier.

I detested that show. Really cool idea and lots of potential with great music and visuals, but it was all wasted on irritating tropes and writing seemingly done by a horny 16-year old... oh wait, that's exactly what happened. Ironically, it was still a very entertaining show to watch. I guess I loved hating it, especially the second half, and particularly towards the end of it.

NotDonVito likes this.
  14. NotDonVito

NotDonVito a.k.a Don Vito 2011-2016 master shitposter

Ye' summon the ANIME THREAD.

I agree with everything Alberto said about SAO, and I would still keep watching it. It's a fun show where you don't have to think about anything. Just enjoy Kirito building his harem of 16 year old girls and being perfect all the time.
    [​IMG]

15. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

SAO? Oh yeah I remembered that. I more or less crucified it with a wall of text in the anime thread. :lol:

.hack//Sign did the theme of being trapped in an MMORPG so much better before it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017 at 5:01 AM