T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

Saw first 2 seasons of Black Mirror. Pretty fun concept with different ideas every episode.

Going through first season of Star Trek TOS with the family. Much better than I had thought, also has that cheesy vibe like the old Bond movies in a way. Really enjoy it.

2. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

3 ep's into the new stranger things and I'm really liking it

think more than the 1st season

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

finished s2 of stranger things and started on ripper street.

4. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Stranger Things 2 was good, IMO. I think the differences in tone from Stranger Things 1 was all understandable. I am hoping that the new character whose storyline seemed to go pretty much nowhere will be making another appearance later on or something, but whatever, devoting an entire episode late in the series to something so seemingly inconsequential is probably not the greatest idea, but there was enough interesting stuff otherwise to make it very easy to forgive.

5. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Mindhunter on Netflix was pretty good. Based on the book of the same name, a semi-fictionalization of the early days of studying serial killer et cetera. It's a little rough from the get go before you're made to understand that the show is 'in' on the main character being too glib for his own good, and there's a lot of gee-whiz look at the new thinking versus old thinking stuff that's a bit too on-the-nose. Otherwise, the dark tone sprinkled with humor is appealing, and there are some great performances. If you like serial killers (who doesn't?!), I'd recommend it.

6. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

All four episodes of The Walking Dead season 8 has been like one boring filler episode, that will never end. They should really wrap up the whole show, or come up with something new and intresting in terms of story telling and the whole plot.

Stranger Things 2 was really entertaining, character developement was definetly better than in season 1. Also I love the 80's movie and music references it has.

This was most recent find, The Last Kingdom is about early medieval England in the vein of Vikings. It seems promising at the start of season one.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4179452/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

7. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

Those first three episodes of the new Walking Dead were entertaining enough, but that fourth one was pretty much terrible. I think it's because I just barely give the tiniest shit about Ezekiel, and most of the acting is 2nd rate.

8. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

agree 100%, well not on the first 3. I thought 1 and 2 sucked and 3 was marginally better

agree . only character I am less interested than Ezekiel is Jesus.

show has completely lost the plot IMHO .That car chase in ep4 was awful. was like something out of a late 80's van damme film

thing is they want to do an action season ,fine . but do action well for fucks sake

9. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

I don't know... guns not having even remotely realistic recoil, and almost every bullet bouncing off from metal and creating a spark, come on :lol: if a tv-show contains lot of shooting I also expect them to sound more realistic than that. The Walking Dead really has gone downhill, but there might be hope for a change during the season, or some sort of twist, there just has to be.

10. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

If Andy Lincoln and J.D. Morgan had more screen time, it would automatically be 5x better. Maybe the latter half will be more interesting. I'll keep watching either way - it's not bad at all, just not amazing like it once was.

11. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

by accident watched an episode of forged in fire , and i'm into it now. watched 4 in a row

its made by the top chef/ink master people and is about making knives and swords. it rocks

bostjan likes this.
  12. KnightBrolaire

love that show, it's really cool to see the forging techniques and for a history nerd like me it's really fun to see weapons I've only seen in museums actually getting tested.

13. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

Let's see...

Watched Stranger Things 2. Loved it, and loved it a lot more than the first season, which I liked a lot.

I've been watching Parks and Recreation for a while. Shit's hysterical.

Watched the first episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I kinda liked it, I may keep watching it.

Watched Narcos season 3. Also loved it, but I recognize it may not be what people were expecting from it. It was different. That said, I liked it as much as the rest of the series. Being from Venezuela also really helps in liking this show, as all the culture and the language make it so relatable.

I'm on what must be my 7th or 8th re-play of Friends. I just keep looping it in the background while I do other things.

14. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

Finished it at the weekend. It kinda started to feel like the same writing that appeared in Prison Break (you know: they saved me, they betrayed me, my enemy's enemy is my firend etc. - and also sometimes quite shouty delivery for really no reason), but Tatiana was outstanding, to the point that I sometimes forgot that it was the same actress playing these roles. Very impressed with her. Alison and Donnie were hilarious - they had the wonderful thing of doing some really hideous and dreadful actions, but in very laugh-out-loud ways - a lot like what goes on in Keeping Mum.

15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I've been watching for about 2 or 3 seasons, it's one of my favorite shows to the point where I've almost picked up a forge and started smithing in my friggin' garage

16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

finished off big mouth .was really good from start to finish

finished season 4 of archer. also great. I know it mixes up the setting in 5 . I have been slamming it so gonna take a couple weeks off then give 5 a go

17. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

downloaded the first few episodes of the new star trek explorer netflix series and enjoyed it so far . a few cheesy lines of dialogue here and there but its entertaining enough

18. KnightBrolaire

Punisher isn't really a sit down and binge watch kind of show, but it's definitely better than luke cage, iron fist or defenders imo. Jon Bernthal is excellent and the writing is pretty solid. Fight scenes are well done and generally pretty brutal (not quite Punisher War Zone/Garth Ennis run brutal but close).

19. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Yeah, I just finished Punisher. I'd put it right up there with Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Refreshingly great, after the stinky flatulence that was Iron Fist and then The Defenders.

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  20. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I kind of wish it was done by Lexi Alexander in exactly the tone of her movie. PWZ is one of the most fun movies out there. DARK AND GRITTY seems to be the default tone for most of these Netflix things. Ludicrously violent to the point of hilarity would be something different!