T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Finished "Helix"

[​IMG]

Parts of the season were very entertaining. But it started and ended so WTF I don't think they know what to do with it anymore. I seriously doubt it will be picked up for a 3rd season....ratings were terrible.

2. Kashmir

Kashmir SS.org Regular

New season Game of Thrones tomorrow! I've read all the books and I'm interested to see what they're going to do with the show since the show has all but caught up to the books.

3. Varcolac

Varcolac Frets? What frets?

Daredevil.

Jesus it's dark. Marvel and Netflix got a good one right there.

Wilson Fisk decapitates a guy with a car door like four episodes in.

Brutal fight scenes, very true to the comics, feels very different to SHIELD and Agent Carter. Not that I dislike those shows, but Daredevil is in a very different world, without obvious superpowers or superspy gadgets, fighting very believable mobsters instead of Hydra's brand of space Nazis.

4. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

Watched the first episode and a half of Orphan Black (which a friend of mine, whose first language isn't English, keeps calling Black Orphan, even after being corrected several times. I find it amusing/cute, and I feel horrible about it :lol:). It is totally not what I was expecting. It's odd. I was expecting a more nerdy kind of sci-fi right from the get-go. It's got good hooks, but I'm just not feeling it entirely, and I'm not entirely sure why. It feels very cliche in many of the situations. I like how the main actress can pull off that many accents though, and the gay dude is fantastic, I really liked him. I'm gonna keep watching for a bit to see where it goes, but so far it's about 6.5/10 for me. Not as "meh" as a 6, but not quite a 7 either. We'll see.

5. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I always hear great things about that show, but I loathed the main actress so much in Ginger Snaps 2 that I can't make myself watch it. I really should get over it. :hbang:

6. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man Contributor

The Walking Dead was getting boring/repetitive until the last part of the last season, which turned it back into an amazing show. Totally on board with it.

Vikings was amazing in its first season, slightly less amazing in its second, and all over the place in the third... Until this most recently episode, which was insane. Katheryn Winnick is one of the most beautiful women alive, and if I were into men, the rest of the cast is great too :lol:

Better Call Saul was surprisingly amazing, even though I already expected greatness from it. The season finale was weird and seemingly out of place, but necessary.

My favorite show right now, though, is Turn. I highly recommend it to pretty much anybody... Keep in mind, though, the first half of the first season was done on a low budget, and starting with the 6th episode, the production quality and story telling more than doubles in its greatness. Abraham Woodhall is maybe my favorite character of any show I've watched so far. New season started tonight, but I have to wait until it's put up on iTunes tomorrow :wallbash:

7. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

This is the first I've heard of Turn, though now that I look it up I think I saw an ad for it and was like "guys in powdered wigs? forget it!!" What do you like about it besides the main character? The concept doesn't do a good job of hyping it.

8. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

I'm pretty sure I'll be checking it out soon.

9. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Haven't seen this seasons opener yet. LOVED the first two seasons. Sucks you right in.

10. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Yeah, I think Vikings is one of the few tv shows where the male cast is more attractive than the women one. :lol:

11. ridner

ridner Bastard of Thousands

latest viewing pleasures:

Netflix Daredevil
    Vikings
    Bates Motel
    Better Call Saul
    Game of Thrones

12. vividox

vividox SS.org Regular

I've been kind of weening myself off TV shows lately. I've let a lot finish without picking anything new up. Currently only watching:

The Big Bang Theory
    Archer
    Game of Thrones

The wife and I have also never seen The X-Files before and are currently going through them all. In the middle of Season 4 currently.

13. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Tough not to have happen when your male lead (Travis Fimmel/Ragnar) is a former Calvin Klein model

14. Choop

Choop n______n

Just Archer and rewatching random episodes of Peep Show.

Maybe going to dive into the Netflix Daredevil Series this weekend.

15. Adam Of Angels

It's just excellent story telling, fantastic acting, lovable characters, beautiful scenes, and I love both stealth and plots about rebellion (though we know the inevitable outcome of this one).

I have to note, though: the first half of the first season was done on a very small budget and it kind of shows, but is still excellent (though dense with a lot of details you have to pay attention to).. When the 6th episode airs, it's suddenly better looking, has better acting, a better pace, and is even more entertaining. The 2nd season just started and it so far seams to be better than the first. I'm really hoping the ratings go up, because it seems that it would eventually turn into something really special.

16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Been watching californication. Think it's a good show but we are On the 2nd last season and I'm not enjoying it as much. Only a few episodes in so hope it gets back on track.

17. FretsOnFyre

FretsOnFyre SSO's sociopath

Started Daredevil this afternoon. I enjoy the story so far, and the editing is just outstanding.

18. Adam Of Angels

Just started watching Downton Abbey and The Sopranos. Downton is immaculately done, but I haven't watched more than the first episode, as I'm not sure about it - seems like a glorified soap opera. Sopranos is great, though I'm sure most of you have already watched through it.

19. vividox

vividox SS.org Regular

The Last Man on Earth

Previews looked iffy and I'm not a huge Will Forte fan, but my BIL recommended this and I watched like 6 episodes this weekend. Actually thought it was pretty funny/good, so I might pick it up.

20. Adam Of Angels

Awesome thing I just caught: 4th episode of Sopranos - Tony's son has a Nevermore and an Ulver poster hanging in his room :lol: