T.V. shows you've been watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by pushpull7, Mar 15, 2015.

1. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

^Ah that must be why they're running the AA marathons again these last few days:lol:.
    There's only been a few episodes that I haven't enjoyed much, but all and all I love that show.

2. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

And, "Hangar one" is coming up soon too! :lol:

I love that ...., like I said, I don't believe much of it but fun as hell!

3. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

I just got done binge-watching the entirety of The Walking Dead in 7 days, up until, and including, the season 5 finale. :ugh:

Awesome show. The first couple of seasons and part of the 3rd one I found to be simply addictive. Not great, but extremely addictive. From the 4th season onwards I feel like it's incredible all around, even if I still feel it's pretty repetitive and kind of predictable (don't get me wrong though, there are so many good twists
    Beeettthhhh... :'(
    )

4. FretsOnFyre

FretsOnFyre SSO's sociopath

I've been hooked on Arrow for the last two weeks. Still on season one, but it's already up there as one of my favorite shows.

5. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Season two is also really good, three I'm just kind of burnt out on as it's (no, not spoilers) back-and-forth between past and present which gets old quick

6. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Wow, they got rid of that character? Now I REALLY have no reason to watch more of it. >:O

7. Alberto7

^ Nooooo why did you open the spoiler tags? :lol: I mean, to be honest, there's no reason to watch that show if not for the characters, up until maybe the second half of the fourth season, where it becomes a lot more plot-driven.

As much as I like TWD, it's not a series I'd watch a second time. Spoilers are deadly for this show, simply because it's all about the shock-factor and the uncertainty that the survival feeling gives it. Once you know what's gonna happen, then it loses most of its appeal.

8. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

Almost done with the rewatch of the second season of "Orphan Black" in preparation for season 3.

9. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

For characters who were alive when I last checked, I really liked
    Daryl and Beth
    and HATED Glen and Karl and Carol. Most of the others just completely lacked any personality and all dialogue scenes were excruciating (ex Michonne, and Cutty and D'Angelo from the Wire, and Cutty's daughter) but they weren't dislikable or anything. I stopped watching the show after the "mid-season finale" in season 4. I'd thought season 4 was the strongest yet up to that point. But then, someone told me the first episode after the break was just Karl eating pudding, and then someone else told me the show had
    chickened out on killing the baby.
    I was like "I'm out!!!" Then I read your spoiler tag accidentally and now I want even less to go back and catch up! Darn it. I might anyway, since Game of Thrones isn't on yet and Broad City/Banshee/Girls all just ended so I'm only watching one show. Well, two shows if you count the new season of Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. :D

10. Funky D

Funky D SS.org Regular

Better Call Saul
    Gotham
    Broad City
    Kroll Show, now over
    Ascension, over

-Less reliably
    Archer
    @Midnight
    It's always sunny in Philadelphia
    started a bit with Garfunkel and Oats

Did anyone else watch The Spoils of Babylon? Best thing I ever saw!:bowdown:

11. isispelican

isispelican SS.org Regular

12. AndrewFTMfan

AndrewFTMfan SS.org Regular

2% that extra terrestrials do exist!

The conclusions made in that show are awesome :lol:

13. Alberto7

Hah Daryl is such a great character. I love his personality and his development is great. Definitely my favorite character (as is everybody else's). I only like Glenn and Maggie because
    they are one of the strongest ships I remember seeing. I like them both as a couple, but not as individuals. I thought Glenn was alright in the beginning, but now he just HAS to be there and I don't want him (or Maggie) to get killed off because they are each half of the "cute couple that everyone loves."
    Carol actually turned into a great character, imo, following season 4.
    Her character does a total 180 turn by the end of the 4th season, and is fully realized in the 5th.
    Karl can go to hell for all I care, as he's not only annoying, but I just don't like his character overall.

Michonne is cool just because it's impossible to dislike a cyber punk chick wielding a katana and slashing zombies with it. As a character she's alright, but nothing extraordinary there, though she does get better in the 5th season, I feel.

That episode with Karl eating pudding was pretty excruciating, I agree with that comment. The following 5-6 episodes are pure character development, as they just show what happens after they get separated, who runs off with who, and what happens with them during that time. Some REALLY effed up stuff happens towards the end of the 4th season, however, and that's when the plot picks up and the show gets better than before. Oh, and to be fair, Beth's death actually hurt, and there was practically no build-up to it; I absolutely did not expect it. Oh, and agreed about Judith; having an unlikeable baby in that team comes across as a shallow plot device to create more drama and makes the show feel more dragged out.
    Still though, you're not far from the end of the show, and I think it'd be worth it to finish it!

14. Duosphere

Duosphere (oYo) Lover

Face Off

I love watching how they create those creatures we love, so much fun.

15. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Just binged through season 4 of Louie.

That show is brutal. Hilariously, tragically brutal.

*edit* Also, as an indicator of what life-stage I find myself oddly within, there's been a lot of HGTV happening in my house. Sometimes I feel like our television has either Property Brothers or Fixer Upper on infinite loop.

16. Alberto7

^ Ever since my parents began looking at houses to buy, that's the only channel that plays in the kitchen TV as background noise. :lol: It's already been two years since they purchased the new home, and my mom still can't get over it. :lol:

17. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

I've watched a lot of "that metal show" lately and quite like it. I had this thing about not watching it because it wasn't in HD on VH1classic. I'm over that now :D

18. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Vikings

19. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Infidel

Indeed. Really looking forward to season 3. Pretty cool show.

Better Call Saul. Have the last 5 or 6 episodes on DVR that I'm going to try to watch sometime this weekend.

Marco Polo - I really like this show so far. I'm about to start episode 6 tonight as soon as I'm done here on SSO.

20. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

It's almost done, watched 8th episode yesterday