Sylosis Thread

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Jonathan20022, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Looked around and couldn't find anything for these guys, but they're honestly one of the most impressive and solid Modern Metal acts I've ever seen.

Tight rhythms and some really incredible leads which I've honestly missed in this kind of music quite a bit. I only wish I knew about them sooner, I would have gladly listened to them back when I primarily listened to this kind of metal.

I got into them last year and after I heard a song recommended by a friend I had to go out and get everything else. Thoroughly enjoy everything they've put out which is pretty rare to me.

2. Rypac

Rypac SS.org Regular

I really like this band as well. They are one of the best modern Thrash bands that I've heard. Monolith is a great album.

I'm still pretty devo that I missed them at Soundwave last year but here's to hoping they'll come back again soon. They just seem like they'd be a great band to see live.

3. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Same here, I missed them when they came extremely close with Trivium and Devil Driver over a class I could have probably ended up not needing to go to. But I definitely will not make that mistake again.

Been pumping Edge of the Earth the most, but I haven't given Monolith a proper shot, it sounds much more direct and aggressive in comparison to the rest of the stuff.

4. TheFerryMan

TheFerryMan Sauvage

If these guys would just tour with Revocation and hit up Atlanta, I'd be the happiest man.

5. Vhyle

Vhyle Music of the Wastes

These guys are riff machines. Their rhythm playing is ridiculously tight.

6. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Along with Revocation as one of the better modern thrash bands that doesn't sound like they're still stuck in 1987. Their last 2 albums were great. :metal:

7. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

I had EOTE and Monolith, but I sold the first one(mistake) and lost the second. The production is really warm and organic, and Josh is a great guitarist/vocalist. His vocals were a little weird at first because they weren't as clean and pristine like the old guy, but I think they serve their purpose.

This was my favorite song when I was into them.

8. Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Ed_Ibanez_Shred Baritone sixes

Love this band, Josh sweeps like a madman. Ridiculously heavy sounding considering they play in E standard... love the song 'empyreal', and Conclusion of an Age is a truly great album :hbang:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXdPoL1yQsA

9. skisgaar

skisgaar Master-debatur

Guys, I think we can all agree: This has one of the most incredible solos of all time, and is just the perfect example of how an instrumental SHOULD be.

10. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I love that the entire album sort of carries that melody and branches off on it in completely different ideas at different points on the album. :hbang: Working on a cover of these guys!

11. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

12. slowro

slowro Drunken Scot

/fanboymodeon
    Seen them twice and had a lesson from Josh and Bailey before a show. Really great guys, friendly and approachable. They are rediclously tight live too, one of my top 5 bands.

If you get a chance to see them you won't regret it, they had a bad bus accident while touring the US and closed the donation link after a short time because they felt uncomfortable taking money and instead released some new merch to raise money. So buy some merch to help the guys get back on track

/fanboymodeoff

13. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Great band, just listening to them this morning. Also trying to learn Empyreal sweep... not succesfully yet :squint:

14. Vhyle

Vhyle Music of the Wastes

I just now got around to listening to their new album (I know, I know), and these guys never fail to impress me. Their rhythm playing is inhumanly tight, and the riffs absolutely demolish. They take thrash to a new level, to be quite honest.

AND DAT T04N

15. Dayviewer

Dayviewer Mr. Djelecaster

Bumpity, new single:

Good shit :D

16. fps

fps Kit

I've not checked out the band before. First listen I thought "what a mess", second listen, great song, really strong, will have to check out more. \m/

17. 7prestige

7prestige SS.org Regular

Conclusion of an age freaking rips!

18. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Been hitting that album in the car all week. What a great metal band!

19. Zenki_Kouki

Zenki_Kouki that one dude

We never had a Sylosis thread before now? Whoa. Easily one of my top 5 bands.

I've been following these guys since The Supreme Oppressor EP, they can do no wrong, seriously. They did a cover of Pantera's 'Strength Beyond Strength', spot on of course.

My girlfriend doesn't even like metal, and she fell in love with Monolith and went through their whole back catalog. She's coming around to metal in general now :yesway:

20. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

SOOOO glad to see this. I've mentioned them on the forum a couple times as being SUPER under rated / talked about. Can't wait for the new CD to drop next year...