Superior Drummer preset for you guys to download! (Avatar, the one I used on Cassini)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by C2Aye, Jan 2, 2012.

1. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

I must have been the only person to link the ringy snare. It does ring for AGES though so play about with it, definitely! I didn't really put much thought into the toms, just some eq and compression.

A global patch or prest sticky would be fantastic!

2. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

3. Kurkkuviipale

Kurkkuviipale Another Sinking ....

4. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

Both guitars are Double tracked and Panned Hard L/R.. My tone is just terrible for that.

Maybe its done in the bouncing? Because it does always sound different after bouncing.. I just assumed it was the switch from my headphones to my speakers.

Edit: Okay yeah, the format was set to Mono instead of Stereo during Bounce.. I'll upload the new one haha, thanks for pointing that out.. I usually bounce in stereo, not sure why it was set to that via default.

5. Kurkkuviipale

Kurkkuviipale Another Sinking ....

Well bounce it in stereo. Your clip is in mono, there is no stereo image.

6. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

7. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

8. Steve-Om

Steve-Om SS.org Regular

sounds excellent!! thanks for sharing it!!

What I'd really like to know is how you made juicy guitar tone on "January 3rd mixtest", sounds just so...good lol

is that a VST?

a

9. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

No worries dude.

The tone in that is all vst's. I ran was Guitar Rig 4 in front (Compressor, Tubescreamer, Noise Gate) into Lepou LeGion into Lecab 2 with Recabinet impulses, two Mesa Boogie and two Marshall.

If you have any more questions, post them in the thread please :) http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/re...legion-guitar-rig-4-sd2-new-versions-now.html

10. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

Your snare. I'm refraining from doing any changes until I get some proper Monitors.

11. Heyitstahtoneguy

Heyitstahtoneguy In the Void

when i loaded this preset in DAW, only the cymbals and toms worked, the rest was unmatched key. I used guitar pro midi file is there a way to fix this?

12. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Haha, really? I didn't recognise it because it didn't have 7 years worth of ringing to it :lol: Well done mate!

I don't see why it shouldn't work, I left all the midi assignments to their defaults. Have you tried programming the drums using your midi piano roll in your DAW?

13. Heyitstahtoneguy

Heyitstahtoneguy In the Void

I don't see why it shouldn't work, I left all the midi assignments to their defaults. Have you tried programming the drums using your midi piano roll in your DAW?[/QUOTE]

I use ableton and its a pain sometimes to use. I figured it out, i changed the snare to D1 and the kick to C1 and preseto!

14. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

Thats happened to me before, when loading a preset its changed the default mappings.. I just reloaded the preset and it worked. :shrug:

15. GTailly

GTailly Intellect's Minion

Just had the time to download and try this today.

Really digging the sound!

Unfortunately, I have guitar pickups shielding issues to solve out before I can record anything with my ultra... -.-'

Thanks a lot for the sweet preset though.

EDIT: I could not resist.... Needed to try it. Nothing fancy and really did it quickly but enjoy. :)

http://soundcloud.com/atarax-i-a/test-sd-2-0-preset

16. Spacca189

Spacca189 SS.org Regular

DAT SNARE :bowdown:
    dude, you totally made my fucking day with this preset

I'm kinda newbie in the recording/mixing world, you said how you avoid the clipping issue by turning down the master when it comes to rendering the whole track and get the volume up in the mastering stage..could you be more specific...I know it's a silly question..but I still don't get it...you basically record all the guitar tracks with the master really low? how can you then export the whole thing at an higher volume without clipping? thanks for sharing this again, really dig your tracks too

17. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Nah, I don't turn down the master until the mastering stage, which is when I turn down the master so that the mix has headroom (about -6db) and then the mastering plugins are after the fader so it brings everything back up without clipping. It's a lousy way to do it and it's probably best if you avoid clipping in the first place but I dunno, it's worked for me so far!

And no worries, enjoy the preset!

18. Spacca189

Spacca189 SS.org Regular

thanks man, last thing...how do you record your guitars to get that "3D" sound, if you know what I mean...everytime I record something it seems like the guitars are centered, even if I pan them hard left and hard right...I usually track them in stereo and then do the panning....do I have to track them in mono instead? also, I've noticed your tracks on soundcloud have a very "linear" waveform, almost like a solid brick instead of having all the peaks of the bassdrum and snare (like in my case)...what's the secret for that? levelling the track after the mixdown? sorry for all the questions:lol:

19. GTailly

GTailly Intellect's Minion

If you want your guitars to sound fuller you need to record each tracks separately and pan them after.
    For example: open teo different tracks one hard left and one hard right and recorrd each one, one at the time.

20. MitchellJBurgess

MitchellJBurgess SS.org Regular