Superior Drummer 3 Announced

Discussion in 'Drums & Percussion' started by ZombieLloyd, Aug 15, 2017.

1. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

Hey guys, I just got an email that Superior Drummer 3 has been announced. Here's a link to the announcement page https://www.toontrack.com/superior-drummer-3-announcement/. What is everyone's thoughts on the announcement? I, for one, am excited because they're bringing that beat search feature from EZDrummer 2.

2. Winspear

Winspear EtherealEntity Vendor

I wasn't too excited considering I've always used Superior 2 as close to being a real kit recording as possible. By that I mean I choose my samples, route them out to individual DAW channels, and then never look at Superior again. So things like the mixer, built in rhythm editor etc don't interest me. Cool nonetheless.
    Great to see 3rd party sample support however! That's a huge one. Along with the audio to midi/drum replacement. Essentially killing Drumagog with a great all-in-one option.
    More samples is always great, 5 stock kits is pretty awesome!
    Love the advanced surround sound recording and i'll be interested in using those as ambient mics. However I am refraining from getting into surround sound. I'll become obsessive and it'll take too much of my time, only making me angry that probably 0.5% of the listener base will ever hear it as intended haha.

ZombieLloyd likes this.
  3. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

Before I would "write" my own drum beats, I used EZDrummer 2's rhythm editor and beat search function, a lot of the features coming to SD would have been good for me up to like, when I started making my music under "Phrygian" earlier this year. I'm much like you now, found the samples that work for me, EQ'd them to my liking on seperate DAW channels and never looked at Superior again.

I agree that the 3rd party sample support is pretty big. The audio to midi doesn't really affect me since I don't play drums in real life in any capacity. The advanced surround sound and ambient mic thing sounds pretty cool. I don't really have the setup for surround sound so again, doesn't really matter to me too much but its cool nonetheless. I think I'll also have to get that SSD with all the samples on it though since 235GB is literally around half my iMac hard drive storage. But I'll most likely upgrade my iMac this Christmas so we'll see.

4. Señor Voorhees

Señor Voorhees SS.org Regular

All the new features look pretty nice, and considering the library of sounds you get, the $200 upgrade price seems worth it.

I'll definitely be buying it, even if only for the new sounds and future expansions. 3rd party samples is definitely a plus.

AxeHappy and ZombieLloyd like this.