Super Smash Bros is coming to Nintendo Switch!

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by StevenC, Mar 8, 2018.

1. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

2. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

the logo looks like a 4 to me ?

I'm hyped on this, as a fighting game fan I have never payed a smash game as i haven't owned a Nintendo since snes.

Now I have a switch I can give this a go

3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Thank god. Now just to figure out if this is a souped up port of the Wii U game, or a new iteration. Guessing by BotW Link and Splatoon chapters, I’m starting to lean towards the latter.

Although, I figured this game was coming sooner than later once the Switch’s paid online service was announced recently. Gotta have a legit game to get people to pay for the service, and this is probably the best Nintendo franchise to do it with.

4. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Completely new title, confirmed already by Nintendo.

This is the most exciting news I've read in awhile about the Switch. This is the only reason I'll be subbing to Nintendo's online service. I wouldn't even waste my time if it was a port, I still play it with friends whenever we all have a free weekend and can get online. And that costs us nothing to setup a room online and play a few matches once in awhile.

5. Kevin Spires

Kevin Spires SS.org Regular

Let's see your Youtube Channel.

6. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I hope this doesn't maintain the odd/even rule like the Star Trek movies where the odd numbered ones are inferior! (GC and Wii U versions are by far the best)

I do have fond memories of using screw attack or the donkey kong ground smash over and over in the N64 and getting people up to 200% damage in about 10 attacks, though. That game was really fun if completely imbalanced.

7. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I never got to play Wii U (and I feel like I only briefly played Brawl). I’m just impressed by the roster that game has and hope it’s sinilar on this version (obviously with more characters). I dropped an obscene amount of time into Melee so it will be nice to finally own a Smash game again.

8. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

The Wii-U version is really great and feels like the GC version. I loathed the Wii version. You could manually turn off some of the terrible features, sure, but it still just felt "wrong" to me somehow. I did like that it had Solid Snake. But, when I was with friends, we usually just ended up playing the GC version through the Wii and disregarding that one.

The Wii-U version has way too many characters from Fire Emblem that all play about the same, and Cloud from FF7 is stupidly OP if everyone sucks, but it still feels great and has a ton of variety. I particularly like whatshername from Mario Galaxy. But, I usually just play as Zelda and Peach cause I'm secretly a woman (and I really like grabbing people with weird psyonic energy or hitting them with a frying pan).

9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I have some friends who are pretty good at Smash Bros (my brother is a top level Mewtwo in Smash 4) so I always find Smash 4 more fun than Melee, because I get killed less quickly. Melee is so fast for the people who are good at it and so difficult if you're not.

Also, Smash 4 and Melee are the best two because ROY'S OUR BOY!