String help

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Dawn of the Shred, May 28, 2012.

1. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Arkansas Hipster

im been goin back and forth on string. whats some good strings. been usin dr dime sig set and dunlop strings. any help. thinks:shred:

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Strings are cheap. Buy a whole bunch of different sets, and various gauges and see what you like best. Worse case scenario you're out something like $10.

3. pushpull7

pushpull7 Banned

I like GHS boomers and I've kinda gotten into the likely "overpriced" EB cobalts.

But I seem to be in the minority in that I like 9's and I like standard tuning. I like the boomers on the hardtail ibby and I think I prefer the cobalts for whammy ibbys. In fact, the cobalts on my 3 whammo's have REALLY lasted. I'm not a god and don't really shred but I play enough to know the diff. Absolutely HATED the cobalts on my hardtail though.....they were too stiff, and too weird. Didn't tune properly.......totally the opposite of the two edge pros and the edge zero II :lol:

4. wildchild

wildchild SS.org Regular

I love elixir strings they last so long and they remain smooth all the time
    I havent worn any of the strings down since changing to them
    Also I dont have to use fast fret anymore just wipe them down with a cloth and thats all