.strandberg* classic value

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by BTrip, Sep 10, 2018.

1. BTrip

BTrip SS.org Regular

2. MaxAidingAres

MaxAidingAres SS.org Regular

It’s made in China, if that matters to you. I’m sure the quality is decent for the price, probably more so the sale price. Just make sure you love everything about a strandberg!

3. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

I think for that sale price they are pretty worth it. But just like what @MaxAidingAres said, you have to really like strandberg guitars for it to be worth it.

4. BTrip

BTrip SS.org Regular

I want to get a headless guitar for generally 1k or under which is pretty tough to find and strandberg is the only one that makes them I think. There is also legator but I've been trying to stay away from them.

5. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Find a used Kiesel. They will be much higher quality than the Chinese strangberg. I'd do some research on Legators and then decide from there if they are worth it. I owned one and sold it immediately.

Tree and LeviathanKiller like this.
  6. BTrip

BTrip SS.org Regular

I did earlier today find a used kiesel Osiris that was one of the Jason Becker limited runs for $1250 which I think is awesome.

Albake21 likes this.
  7. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Ormsby direct (if you're willing to wait, possibly iffy after-purchase support {one guy on here had issues}, lack of free return shipping)
    Kiesel (although I don't like the morals of the company, no return policy on certain finishes, bad after-purchase support)
    Ormsby through a dealer (if you don't want to wait, are willing to spend an extra $100 at most, want a good/easy/free return policy)

What about the .strandberg* guitars do you like?
    There's some headless models available on RondoMusic.com from Agile but they don't have the same body shape that the .strandberg* and Ormsby do which are pretty similar to each other. Kiesel's shapes are also pretty different then .strandbergs*.

It's recommended to try a .strandberg* in a store if at all possible because of the Endurneck which not everyone finds comfortable. It can be a major deal break. You either like it or don't, from what I've seen, no inbetween.

8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire despair ahead

I've owned strandberg, kiesels and ormsby headless guitars. as far as bang for your buck goes, a used kiesel wins hands down. The 2 strandbergs and 1 ormsby I've owned were less consistent in terms of quality compared to the kiesels I've owned (i've owned 5 kiesels). For your budget I'd really recommend a used kiesel.
    I can't recommend strandberg based off my experience with their WMI models that I've owned/tried, and I would assume that the chinese made ones are subject to even less QC given their price point.

BTrip likes this.
  9. Richter

Richter SS.org Regular

Or wait until the indo made classics are out

10. I play music

I play music SS.org Regular

Indonesian made classics? Did I miss some news?

Albake21 and BTrip like this.
  11. Richter

Richter SS.org Regular

@4:50

BTrip likes this.
  12. Malkav

Malkav Washing your dishes.

Yeah indo classics are coming and they'll be the same price bracket with some improvement in specs by the looks of things.

Fwiw my experience with .Strandberg* has been way positive, I don't know if there's just a big push to up quality or something but in the later part of 2017 my company brought in 7 and honestly they were all stellar guitars YMMV.