Strandberg 2017 lineup

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by sixesandsevens, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Casper777

Casper777 Slow Player

That's strange, the strap pin never bothered me... guess it's really depending on the playing position.

Worst for me was my Parker Fly, as the upper horn really dig into my chest.

xzacx likes this.
  2. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Thankfully, the partially-absbored twin over my heart means I don't have that problem with my Boden or Flys.

3. Soya

Soya Not a musician Contributor

As long as you don't have to give it writing credits.

4. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

5. jemfloral

jemfloral SS.org Regular

It's supposedly a limited batch, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did ask $4K for them...

6. eayottes

eayottes SS.org Regular

I finally found the time to inspect and play a bit with my new Boden Metal 7. Visually, I found no apparent issues, except for some small dot-shaped stains on the fretboard (probably due to a liquid of some kind). I guess I'll clean them out when I change the strings. Soundwise, the Fishman pickups sound great. It's my first 7-string, my first endurneck and my first fanned fret guitar, so I can't comment on playability other than to say that the neck feels natural. That being said, I presently suck at playing it; things that were easy to play (notably some sweeps and some tapping arpeggios) are a mess of unwanted strings ringing. I guess I should approach it as playing a new instrument, which it kinda is. To sum up, I'm happy with my purchase but I'm far from being ready to record with it due to my current suckage.

7. sixesandsevens

sixesandsevens SS.org Regular

It took me about two months or so to really get used to it. The hard part for me was the extra strings and recalibrating all the intuition I had about where I was playing in relation to the low E.

Hang in there!

eayottes likes this.
  8. Gorespe

Gorespe Chopstix

I own the Boden Metal 8 variant. I really enjoyed it when I first got it, and then I found myself putting it back in the case to sit. Mine came with a few flaws from the factory, such as tool marking above the nut and a faint paint blemish on the back inside of the bolt cavity. It's a really great guitar to perform live with, and it sounds massive.

[​IMG]