Stone Tone: Floyd Rose Sustain Blocks

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Stone Tone, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Stone Tone

Stone Tone Stone Tone Vendor

Hey Everyone,

Check out some of our artists and product reviews @ www.stonetoneproducts.com

Many more videos and reviews @ https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneToneGuitars

10599412_1027337437281433_638383393479944812_n.jpg

1902823_925439474144347_5386954377303211902_n.jpg

11081244_925439470811014_7655009378336334546_n.jpg

10609409_643029899128999_3051385586267418483_n.jpg

11055724_1086086421406012_4862124685132346623_n.jpg

After the install I can really tell the difference already without having the guitar plugged in...
    It's louder and much more resonant..

After using the Stone Tone Rock Blocks on tour with Arch Enemy, my guitar tone is brighter, punchier with allot more sustain besides better signal to my amp.

My guitar sounds awesome !

Yeah man, I dig it.

- Jeff Loomis​

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    OmegaSlayer likes this.
  2. Stone Tone

2106a.jpg

Chris Poland is one of our biggest advocates of the Rock blocks, Check out his interview done by Jon Hernandez.

https://youtu.be/-9le_sVBU0s

"I am positive now that your granite blocks work on any guitar and seem to have almost the exact same results.

As I said before one of my guitars just wasn't quite working for me so that was the guitar I put the first Stone Tone on. Said guitar became my main guitar that day.

So I took my main guitar and put one of the blocks you sent recently on it last night. I heard the difference right away but the crazy thing is that both guitars respond almost identically. No two guitars sound and or feel the same...until now.

I think that is amazing. What I am trying to say is you could make a guitar out of a toilet seat and this granite block would bring it to life.

I am so glad we met at the NAMM show this year. I may never have known or even believed if some one told granite blocks work this substantially."

"You won't know what it's like unless you A/B a Stone Tone Tremelo Block with what your using now".

"Then you'll believe".

"It doesn't matter why it works, it just does".

- Chris Poland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V92bBTpurE

https://youtu.be/OhrcXucDnaE

This was the last video recorded with long time drummer David Eagle for Chris's band "Three Ohms" before he passed away 3 months after this performance @ the 2015 Winter Namm show. R.I.P.

3. Stone Tone

mod edit: keep it to one bump per day please

I am from the Bronx / Yonkers, New York and have been in the Stone / brick / block industry following my fathers 60 plus yrs in the industry from a 5 yr old boy to present.

I have always loved guitars, drums etc yet my parents never supported that since they wanted me to excel in other areas than music.. So I rebelled not realizing how strenuous this trade is as an adult and the toll it took on my body besides earning an above average living and mastered the trade as a journeyman.

So decades past as I constantly thought to make a stone guitar one day which I eventually did in Naples, Florida back 2001 realizing that it does make a significant difference in tone and playability, so I decided to refine my process doing a SRX 505 Ibanez bass then a 2004 Peavy Wolfgang in which I wrote the patents and trademarks I have today that is currently active and on file with the USPTO.

Realizing the great feedback I received @ the world renown trade show Namm ( National Association of Music Merchants) I attended back 2005 I knew I had a technology that needed much more refinement yet was well received.

From 2005 to 2007 I did many more guitars and then from 2008 to 2010 I conquered the piano entity then looked back @ the guitars that I did and realized that the market at that time was down and the economy was really tough so I decided to look at the tremolo block industry since so many rave about the upgrade from pot metal to brass, titanium, tungsten and that my product would be more affordable than the thousands for the guitar prototypes I did..So I used the same granite for the rock blocks as I did for all the prior prototypes to present.

After completing a few blocks I gave them to perspective players in the industry to give me a honest opinion of what they thought, and they worked so well that I was told to approach the #1 Hardware / Tremolo company in the world which was the mighty Floyd Rose. After making my presentation to Floyd Rose, 2 yrs. later after their extensive R&D they welcomed me into their product lines and from that moment this has been the most exciting times thus far working so many types, sizes... as well as world renown artists. I realized this is where my niche is and ever since November 22 2013 Floyd Rose and Stone Tone have made significant inroads with so many artists that I look forward to excelling much more with Floyd Rose and additional technologies in the future. Here is the press release Floyd Rose sent out the day I was welcomed aboard;

Date: 11.22.2013

Floyd Rose is proud to announce exclusive distribution of Stone Tone Rock Block sustain blocks. These patented blocks are made of granite, and are designed to enhance and strengthen the sound of your tremolo-equipped instrument across the entire audio spectrum. After installing a Stone Tone block, the guitar’s clarity, sustain, and overall tone will be improved equally in all ranges of the fret board… the extraordinary results of this upgrade are indisputable.

Granite, when quarried in its natural state, is not only of an ideal density for the purpose of sustain, but also has a crystalline atomic structure which is ideal for sonic transference— it requires no factory processing or dilution, and the natural change in sound, upon installation, is so drastic that signal loss from the guitar to the amplifier will be decreased by at least 30%. The Stone Tone Rock Block is compatible with the Floyd Rose Original Tremolo System and its derivatives, as well as many licensed models. Comes with stainless steel sustain block mounting screws, and available in an L-shape block configuration… check them out!

Stone Tone Sustain Block | Floyd Rose Stone Tone Sustain Block

[​IMG]

4. Stone Tone

[​IMG]

Floyd Rose Titanium Rock Block combo is incredible.
    I hear allot about the titanium tremolos, sustain blocks, and saddles are bright and harsh in the mids and highs yet coupled with the rock block gives a mean mid bite and overall warmth that is unmatched.

5. Stone Tone

We would like to Welcome Dean to the Stone Tone Floyd Rose family.

[​IMG]

Dean Cascione | Floyd Rose Artists

FR Non-Fine Tuner, Stone Tone Rock Block
    American NeoClassic Shred Guitarist Dean Cascione Official Website

Quote: “My Floyd Rose Non Fine Tuner tremolo, hot-rodded with a 37mm Stone Tone Rock Block delivers no-nonsense tuning and stability with a megalith of tone. “

Dean Cascione is an American Neoclassic Shred Guitarist who is an innovative force in today's shred guitar scene. In a genre overflowing with self-proclaimed speed freaks, Cascione is committed to shattering the shred stereotypes, delivering melodic NeoClassic Metal filled with passion and contrast. Experts have described Dean’s command of the instrument as “A showcase of Neoclassical fretboard pyrotechnics”, "Dangerous with a guitar," "Vicious, high tech and aggressive," "Channeled the spirit of Rhoads and the best of Malmsteen," and "A bright star on the international guitar scene."

Dean’s debut CD "Guitar Chop Shop" released in 2008, merited Guitar9's #1 chart ranking in May of that year, and an overall ranking of #2 in their Top Sellers chart for NeoClassical Metal in 2008. In honor of one of Metal’s greatest legends, Dean joined forces with the mighty MANOWAR to record "Magic: A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio." Straight from the heart, Dean embraced Dio's legacy with his own haunting instrumental interpretation of his Elf classic Nevermore. The tribute album was released worldwide in 2010. "Neoclassical Fire" (2011) conjured a "Blend of fierce fret board assault with strong, powerful melodic phrasing”. The album merited Guitar9's #1 chart ranking in sales during July and August of 2011, and held for a strong 7 weeks in the Top 10 charts for Neoclassical Metal, Shred, and Instrumental Rock genres.

"Shred Crusade" is Dean’s latest chapter of pure NeoClassic Metal (2015). Joining Cascione on this epic adventure rides Kenny Lane Swartz ( Drums), Paul Ranieri (Bass), Rich Kelly (Orchestration) and a cavalry of guitar wielding wizards to include: David "The Shred Demon" Shankle (DSG, Devil Land, Voodoo Gods, MANOWAR), Joe Stump (Joe Stump Band, Holy Hell, Reign of Terror, Exorcism, Black Knights Castle) and Dave Mercado ( Shadow Eden). Influenced and inspired by decades of metal and classical music, Cascione holds the NeoClassic torch high and proud, as he prepares to deliver another volume of powerful guitar anthems! RIP and SHRED!

Dean Cascione’s fretboard pyrotechnics can also be heard on the Shredlord Joe Stumps (2015 Lion Music) release “Brothers in Shred”.

6. Stone Tone

[​IMG]

It's really great to hear Chris Poland tell me he has finally achieved world class tone since he installed his 37mm Rock Block.

"I couldn't play without a Stone Tone Tremolo Block now that I've started using them. It's like icing on the cake".

-Chris Poland (Megadeth, Ohm)

7. Stone Tone

8. Stone Tone

[​IMG]

This is just the "sniff test" but the guitar is audibly louder with the StoneTone unplugged and through the DAW. The baseline clip is on top, you can visibly see more volume and sustain. The clips are chopped to fit in the frame but the StoneTone signal is also longer (you will see that when I post all of the data). I need to plug it into the Marshall and give it the "real world" test. I need to see how my ears respond to the block. I also want to plug the clips into the Audio software to look at the frequency spectrum. I got the brass block today it will be interesting to see the results from all three.

I should have the end-to-end review and rundown in a few days. This is the first time on TMRZoo.com we have gone this far to analyze a product. Typically our reviews are based on our opinions and experiences. It is cool that this thread and product pushed us to drill down this deep into the attributes of this product.

So far all of the claims that StoneTone have made are true.

I just gave the guitar a rip through the Marshall and I can't wipe the grin off my face. The response and harmonics are wild. This guitar has fantastic pickups, prototypes hand wound by Lindy Fralin himself. However, it is like I am really hearing them for the first time. Great mids and the sustain is freaking wild. I was popping Zakk sequels and hitting the tremolo and they went on forever. I can't wait to rip on this beast at practice on Sunday.

Robert thank you for turning me onto this product.

Bruce G. Owens, Jr.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  9. Stone Tone

10. Stone Tone

The one and only !

[​IMG]

:cool:

11. Stone Tone

"I run upwards of 25+ guitars in line for studio & live performances. I set my Floyd Rose Trems up with precision, and take my tone very seriously. I didn't know what I was missing until I installed Stone Tone Granite Blocks on my guitars. My tone felt bigger, and with more body than before. The cleans are full & bright, the high gains became bolder and more pronounced, without changing the signature 'color' of my tone. Amazed... Do yourself a favor and check out Stone Tone Blocks. Your tone will thank you."
    - Scott Eames

[​IMG]

http://www.NEVALRA.com

http://www.youtube.com/NEVALRA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Malkav

Malkav Washing your dishes.

Okay I'll bite, I've been thinking of getting a new block for my RG1527, so do you guys make a replacement for the Edge Pro 7?

[​IMG]

And can you send to South Africa?

13. Stone Tone

Yes, we ship worldwide.
    Can you confirm this is the block needs upgraded? or send us a pic of the back cavity of the tremolo in question?
    There are so many styles we want to be sure.
    Thank you.

[​IMG]