Stashpicks

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Digital Black, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

www.stashpicks.com/home.htm

I didn't really know if i'd like these when I first saw them. They were sealed in a tin, so you couldn't even see them. Plus they were really expensive. But I took a chance-I'm glad I did.

SP's are made of a plastic that really holds up well. These outlast my Dunlops by 7 to 1 ( 1 stashpick has the life of 7 dunlops). My favorite is the double pick http://stashpicks.com/double.htm It's works for soft picking or i can squeeze it together to get a monster tickness and easy harmonics-basically everything they said about this pick on the webstie is true. The other picks are a little hard to incorperate into metal type playing but the idea of a multigague pick is cool for something to carry around if you need something versitile quickly.
    The speed I'm capable of with the double pick is unbeliveable becasue it's so consistent. These are also very very bright sounding-which I like also. So bright in fact, you get a lot of pick "slap", but that does not come through on the amp. But you can hear it up close to the guitar. This really doesn't bother me. Tremelo palm muting has never been easier for me, oddly enough because i would have never thought something that loks so clunky and huge would come out to be smooth and consistent..

I would urge everybody to at least try them out. Maybe drop an email and ask nicely for one pick to sample out...

2. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

That's some odd stuff. I'd have to try it out, but I can't imagine being able to solo cleanly with those.

3. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

Took some getting used too..If I'm going for maximum accuracy on a solo I will pick upanother pick. But lately the DB is all I use..

4. Prophecy420

Prophecy420 BEADGBE

No thanks, too gimmicky for me. The last thing I need right now is problems from my pick. :D

5. Vince

Vince Contributor

That double pick looks interesting. I usually double up the guitars for density, so in theory they may have a good idea there. I'll have to try one sometime.

6. bobthemerciful

bobthemerciful SS.org Regular

Seem interesting. Love my stainless steel dunlops too much tho.

7. Vegetta

Vegetta SS.org Regular

Only pick I have used for years are Dunlop Red Jazz 3's ...they are great for shredding

8. Goliath

Goliath Contributor

Dunlop Jazz's here as well. :D