Star Wars Episode VII thread (cast announced)

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Apr 29, 2014.

1. asher

asher So Did We

Anyone have a good list of those cameos? The only ones I actually know about are Von Sydow and Craig.

2. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

3. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I think the end showing her traveling there to seek for her "master-to be" was fine.

it would have been better to just cut the movie once Luke reveals himself and turns around. Everything else added after that was just in order to justify Luke's salary for the movie.

in another though, they make it look like a massive reveal thing, but we all knew she went there to search for Luke, hence the secret plans

also, Luke travel alone to meet yoda and train. But in this case, she traveled with Chewbaca. So what hes gonna do during the whole training? sit on the ship and wait? lol

4. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Interestingly, Ep VIII will be the first Star Wars without any significant time passing between it and the previous one. 10 years between I and II, 3 between II and III, 19 between III and IV, 3 years, 1 year, 30 years.

All because of that pointless scene at the end.

5. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

i think you're confusing a reveal for a twist :lol:

but no the look was necessary. seeing the sadness with the glimmer of hope in his eyes. it communicated so much. but then the helicopter happened

6. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

you know what I meant :lol:

the whole movie was about finding the map to find Luke's location, so we knew he was there, so why they made it look like a big surprise it was Luke at the end when we all knew it was him.

and yeah I agree we needed his reaction, but again,they could show him turn around, take off his hoodie, and show his reaction face, and done!, we didnt need the whole 5 minutes of silence and face expressions that came after, nor the whole lightsaber thing either.

funny how that makes the whole movie plot to be a "the journey to reunite a man with his toy" lol :lol:

7. TGOD

TGOD The Wiz

FINALLY saw it, and I don't know about Star Wars purists, but I thought it was a blast. I'm a pretty big SW fan (or sci-fi in general), and I thought it was perfectly fine.

I like how people were like "THERE'S NO WAY REY COULD BEAT REN, HE'S SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL AND TRAINED", and completely neglect to mention the fact that directly before that fight, Kylo was shot in the stomach by Chewie's Bowcaster, which is a weapon that would otherwise blow a normal person in to oblivion. I mean, for ....'s sake, the sheer power of Chewie's bowcaster was built up by Han throughout the entire movie.

8. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

9. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

yeah few ppl mention here the how Rey could battle him so well. But something I forgot about it is that Rey is already a badass on the staff. Remember shes been carrying one from the beginning of the movie. So she already know how to fight, it was a matter to swap the staff for a sword

10. DanicaL

DanicaL SS.org Regular

I really hope they focus more on Adam drivers character in the up coming movies. We didn't get to understand why he idolizes Darth Vader so much and he came off kind of like a whiny brat.

Not a whole lot of motivation.