SS Love and Relationships Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Jun 17, 2010.

1. CFB

CFB SS.org Regular

I get that her parents are a bit worried. If they're super-protective there's not much you can do. If they're not then make her your GF and then act like Jesus in front of them. They will eventually change their minds.

Unless you just want to bone her. In that case just do it and be over it.:cool:

2. Antimatter

Antimatter SS.org Regular

But Jesus had long hair! How am I going to grow it out that fast:ugh:

:lol:

3. CatPancakes

CatPancakes Im Insane

and by act like jesus he means drill holes in your hands and feet and cover yourself in blood, wear torn white robes, and a crown of thorns:yesway:

4. caskettheclown

caskettheclown Sexytime!

Well long story short i'm just going to have to keep being her good friend.

*dives into a seemingly bottomless pit of depression*

5. chasedowbr00t4l

chasedowbr00t4l Glitch City

So I've been going out with this girl for over a year now, and all was well for quite a while. But for the past few months, I've been going through a lot of anxiety issues and problems that have been troubling me for so long. She's been getting really stressed about seeing me all like this because she doesn't know how to help the situation that I've been in. So a month ago, we started going on "a break" (Yeah, doesn't sound too good :squint:) for me to sort out my life for a bit so I can get it back on track. She said that we should give things a break for a while until school is done for the year, and wait for the summer to come around the corner and see what happens. I've been in contact with her during this break, and talking to her every now and then to check up on her, and still give her the space she needs.

Anyways, it's been about a month now, and I'm seeing her on Tuesday. I'm not totally sure what's going to happen, or even how to act towards her. What I've thought was to try and be as outgoing as I can be, and show her that I've made an improvement during this break. And if we do end up talking about the relationship, I know what to say and how I feel about her, and hopefully everything will work out for the best.

But i'm open up for any suggestions you guys could recommend me to do. It would be much appreciated. :)

6. metulkult

metulkult hurr im a durr

K, SO
    i liek this gurl but she dusnt liek me halp

Sorry, had to do it :lol:

7. EliNoPants

EliNoPants SS.org Regular

8. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoils = tr00

David DeAngelo has written a lot of good material on dating, attraction and generally how to get laid... I think he's a little too black & white at times (for example he says that once a girl's interest level in you drops below 50% it's irreparable and you need to dump her, which I know from personal experience is bollocks), but much of what he says is absolutely true!

Doc Love - AskMen.com

9. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

needless to say a single life is far les stressful than a coupled life!
    girls really ruin you! :(

10. JohnIce

In many ways, yes.

But when all is well with you and your girl, you're probably more happy and relaxed than you'd be otherwise.

Not to mention there's no better way to start a day than with some quick morning sex :)

11. snuif09

snuif09 SS.org Regular

i went through exactly the same it sounds weird but leave her also as friend stop thinking about her i did that and i have found another girl that i loved

once friendzoned you rarely will come out of it.

or just say it and then leave if shes like "ugh your weird" cause then she isnt worthy anyways

also something i need to add since i havent spoken to her for a while and my social live is only progressing she is searching for contact since last week and want to meet sometime (i havent spoken or seen her for about 4months since she got angry and said shit that im not really fond of hahaha) but yea rumor is that she want me back as boyfriend not as friend.
    but im still pissed off because what she said to me so idont know xD

12. Sang-Drax

Sang-Drax God is dad

Living in Curitiba (Brazil). Originally from Rio.
    Not a good idea, as that would only decrease the number of potential partners. Go bi instead; if you really have the guts, go pansexual. Love shouldn't be restricted to the animal kingdom, after all.

13. E Lucevan Le Stelle

E Lucevan Le Stelle in love with Judas

Pansexual is totally the most useless orientation... "bi but also into transsexuals/intersex", basically.

In fact, LGBTPQQIAS is the most useless acronym ever.

has dealt with way too much university LGBT committee stuff... :lol:

14. Fzau

Fzau Unleash the proggies

Jup, David DeAngelo has some interesting advice alright.

JohnIce is ss.org's Love Doctor in a way.
    If I were a girl I'd be all over him with my tits! :scream::wub:

15. Jeroenofzo

Jeroenofzo SS.org Regular

I had this situation a few weeks back, that the girl i was dating dumped me for a serj tankian look-a-like. I was pretty bummed out for some time. She didn't want to talk to me anymore. Sort of, walking away after you had a accident with a car or something. She didn't want to face the consequences. And then it got all through to me;

I got a education
    I play a instrument
    I'm a pretty respected guy at both college and home
    I'm not butt-ugly :spock:
    I got to see her real personality

And suddently i felt just SO, SO, SO much better :lol:
    Mostly because i got everything she didn't have ( Except for the looks :noplease: )

tl:dr

Be a bit of a egotripper sometimes!

16. JohnIce

^ As it's been said, confidence is among the most attractive traits a dude can have... so boosting your own ego (in a good way, not the asshole way), is great! Unfortunately it's hard to do on your own, but that's another story...

17. metulkult

metulkult hurr im a durr

The best way to boost your confidence...

Buy new gear.

Seriously. Happiness = Confidence.
    I was pretty much the most awkward teenager you could have met. But for some reason, after I purchased some new gear that I was REALLY happy with, I became a lot more confident.

Also, you kind of have to act like an asshole to most girls.
    No matter how nice they are, you kind of have to come off as... well, not so much a dick, but like there is some sort of veil over you. You want the girl to chase you, not the other way around.

What I also find helped me a lot with being around girls, is that I just stopped giving a shit. :lol:
    I'd throw on some shorts, some random band shirt, and shoes w/o socks. But still walked around with my head up in the sky, like I was the hottest shit around.
    When you stop giving a shit, things come a lot more naturally. It also brings out the real you, which is what all girls want.

18. JohnIce

^Spot on, man!

19. Razorgrin

Razorgrin SS.org Regular

"You know what? Be David Caruso in Jade."

20. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

Alright I need advice guys.

My gf and I of 2 1/2 years broke up last night. We have always communicated well and have worked out many issues. Her friends like me I like her friends. The reason was that she didn't feel as excited to see me as she used to and wanted more time to be herself. We both agreed that we still loved each other and cared for each other and would try to remain friends. She had felt this way for months she said. I on the other hand was blindsided.

So half of me accepted this, I felt like shit etc. etc. The other half thought that it was silly to give up so easily without trying different options. So being the sleep deprived madmen I was I just called her and told her to hear me out. So I got her to agree to take a two week break and then meet up and see how things are going and if we want to try something again take it abit less seriously and spend abit less time together so we could still live our seperate lives. She has agreed and told me she is not sure if she will miss me alot or feel to move on.

We had just spent aweek apart the previous week and she attacked me with love when I saw her again. We had a fantastic weekend together so I am not sure what to think at this point. I guess I wait now.

Thoughts? Am I stupid for trying/caring? Are somethings worth sticking yourself out on a limb for?

IB4, pussy, lame, emo, etc.