Squier VII

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by yevetz, May 14, 2007.

1. yevetz

yevetz I am a COCK!!!!!!!!! Contributor

Features:

The Squier VII is a pretty universal guitar. Agathis body that with free space under pickguard has very good classical sound in double single (neck and centre) mode. It like sound of classical jazz with hollow body. When you play in single mode (neck or centre) you have classical fender (YES FENDER NOT SQUIER) sound. But there is one problem the pickups is cheap so for really good sound you need compressor with DBX compression system (I tried 5 compressor but most good for it it's "MAIN SQUEZE" compressor-sustainer by DIGITECH with DBX system)

[​IMG]

The briedge humb PUT ME IN HAPPINES, maybe it really cheap but it sounds very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very good even without compressor. More you can change the level of volume with switch (only when you play with DISTO) you can play part with single and chorus with humb. the effect of this is awesome. Humb is very varm and metal.
    Tremolo is good but it has very small range even if you will work with the springs.

[​IMG]

After playing on WIZARD II neck the neck of Squier for me not fast enough, but when I play blues or jazz it's perfect. The rosewood freatboard it's my favourite. I like it comfortable for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The finish is space black. I don't like black color because it's funeral color for me but my fate gives me two black guitars and I happy with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pickguard is black-white-black......... sexy :)
    The furniture is chrome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sound:

When you can't to listen the guitar and buy it like a "blind" one. And when it arrive to you and you plug in to the combo. You here the sound that in 10000000000000000 times better that you expect...... you on a 7-th heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!! But when your euphoria is gone you can get things on it places. Sorry I dont know which pickups on this guitar. But they give very WARM tone. But as I was wrote before with compressor. The sound is very "hall". It has the capacity because there free space under pickguard and it makes acoustick effect. More the neck is REALY ON IT PLACE, because the most accurate octave (between open string and 12 fret) i were not heard nowhere. I put my saddles in each position but octave was accurate octave.
    So it super with tune (I have a little problems with tune but you guys help me and now it perfect. Thank you)

Playability:

It was hard to play fast after Wizard II. But the finish of the neck is great I like it (it's like on 7321). You know what I am about (like tree without the varnish). Fret are large but good for play legato.Guitar is like "fluff".....very light.

Value:

I buy it used for 315$ (corectly I win it on ebay auction) but my last price was 415$ (2100 ..... my money "hryvna") with shipping. You know I think it's not muck fot this guitar (even if know that retail price was 285$) I think the price of it (without shipping) 600$ and maybe even more (price-quality).

Overval:

I love this guitar. It's great. Not best. But great. I will not sell it.

I want to say thank for help me to write this rewiew to VEGETATHEPUPPET. If he wont help me it will be bad rewiew.

I want to say thank all those guys who help me with problems on this guitar.

I want to say thank all those guys who help me to buy this guitar.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peace! :wavey:

2. nikt

nikt LACS Lover

cool review and I'm glad that You like Your new guitar

3. Sebastian

Sebastian Poland CEO / RHLC ©

Thats really a good review now :)
    "I want to say thank for help me to write this rewiew to VEGETATHEPUPPET. If he wont help me it will be bad rewiew." - No problem... Always nice to help :)

4. yevetz

yevetz I am a COCK!!!!!!!!! Contributor

Thanks to guy who put a pic to the place wher I want.

5. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

yep, those are some really fun guitars. i had one myself for a few weeks, but sold it to Drew. i decided that it wasn't really for me, and decided that he could do more with it than i.

6. eleven59

eleven59 None shall pass. Contributor

Wish I had one of those. Very nice! :D

7. ohio_eric

ohio_eric Contributor

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those. Seeing how they're fairly rare I started a project to get someone else to build something similar. :lol:

Leon should have sold it to me. :(