Sport supplements

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by soliloquy, Feb 13, 2011.

1. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

whoa! ordering bunch of stuff from bb.com gets me a bill of 320 before shipping.
    getting the same stuff from allstarhealth.com gets me 263 before shipping.

i'm still going with bb.com but use their price match stuff as ASH.com is a lil iffy about shipping to canada.

2. jdecaire

jdecaire SS.org Regular

Out of all the supplements I've tried my favourites are:

Pre-workout: N.O. Xplode 2.0
    Isolate: IsoFlex by Allmax Nutrition (kinda expensive but worth it)
    Blend: MyoFusion
    Intra-workout: AminoCore by Allmax (again expensive...but seriously...try it out)
    MV: Orange Triad
    Creatine: Purple K (pills that won't bloat you), or Con-cret
    Fat-Burner: an ECA stack...nothing beats an ECA stack for cutting weight quick (well for me at least).

3. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

Except T3, Clen, winny, mast, and DNP.

4. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

I use Syntha-6, waxy maize (I forget who makes it, the big orange canister) and Animal Rage for its mildness and silly name. During months when I'm doing speed and conversion to strength training I sometimes use creatine, Musclepharm makes it.

But my main sports supplement is an amazing wife who cooks healthy and clean and in support of my training cycle.

5. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

The Allmax IsoFlex is one of my all-time favorite isolates. I also like AST VP2, although it doesn't taste nearly as good. Truscience Iso-ology isn't bad, either.

Nothing wrong with a winny cycle every once in a while!

6. Uncreative123

There is if you're running it alone. I don't think it's very good for cutting anyway. More for vascularity- which is only going to show at a lower bf% anyway.

7. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth SIGN YO REP

Added creatine along with BCAAs to my stack.
    I'm hearing stuff from people left, right and centre about the rights and wrongs of creatine, but all their warnings seem fishy to me. 5g swallowed down with water just pre-workout and first thing in the morning on rest days is what I'm doing. Right or wrong?

8. Uncreative123

Creatine is always post-workout. Some N.O. supps will have small amounts of creatine in them which obviously you would take pre-workout, but cratine/glutamine, always post-workout.

9. Captain Shoggoth

Cheers man!

Edit: good lord BCAA powder is the worst thing I've ever tasted

10. Uncreative123

It's really hit or miss. I always recommend Intek's BCAA's because they are the best or second best tasting supplements I've ever had:

BCAA EVOLUTION by INTEK

You can get it cheaper at complete nutrition/nutri-shop if you have one in the area. Usually around $35.

Those little O.N. BCAA tubs I like sometimes because it has caffeine in it. I think 160mg/serving. I had to pick up a Blue Raspberry one when we were in Brooklyn since I couldn't really get anything else. Pretty tasty.

11. Captain Shoggoth

Ah, cheers. I live in the UK, I looked and I don't think anywhere ships Intek supps here, but I can get the ON stuff from their site. Pretty pricey though :lol:

12. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

Just ordered a container of N.O. Xplode and some Amino X along with it. Ran out of Jack3d and i figured i'd try some N.O. Xplode. Stoked to get it!!!

13. Uncreative123

NO Xplode will probably be an enormous let down for you compared to Jack3d. It's all about the dimethylamylamine. NO Xplode will cause jitters. 1,3 dimethylamylamine will cause you to be incredibly focused and aware.

14. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

I tried 2 different 1,3 dim supp samples a month or so ago and one of them made me focused but nervous and made me crash a few hours later, the other was good but had a light crash as well. Have heard similar stories from other people.

15. Uncreative123

Cool. I've never 'crashed' from a supplement or caffeine. And since 1,3 dimethylalanine isn't caffeine nor does it have the same chemical structure, it doesn't have the same effects. I don't know of anyone that has had issues with it, but if they have, it's going to be a lot worse on NO Xplode.
    I'm curious what two different supplements you were taking that had that compound in it, as I only even know of two still available that have it in it. And these were samples? As in, you didn't take the product for an extended period of time?

16. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Noxplode has no crash.

I take Animal rage because it doesnt have creatine and other things I dont like. It burns clean with no gestation issues and lasts forever, I take about half a scoop/dosage.

HOWEVER, I have tried a lot of them for fun:

BSN HyperFX - Awesome for running, I like small dosages, made me feel a little high. Too strong to take very long.

BEASTMODE - This tasted bizarre and I didnt like the feeling it gave me.
    Musclepharm ASSAULT - I had this two years ago when it was in the different packaging, it was WAY too sweet for me. Maybe they changed it because it seems to be really popular now.

C4 - Bleh, weak and did not like any part of it.

Jacked - I have an interesting story with this: Took it 1 time before going in to the military. Was given it by my best friend who is now an AF officer/rugby player. I have NEVER, EVER felt that driven in a workout. I felt amazing. Holy shit. Swore I would buy some when I got through boot. I did, and ever since then and now, if I take jacked, I get sleepy and run down almost immediately. Like, I really want to fall asleep and feel kind of numb. My body just doesnt take Jacked, I dont know the science of it, but its like it fried those circuits or something, haha.

17. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Correct, as they were samples, both satchets contained 2 servings (or rather a single serving but the packaging says to take half a serving to see how your body reacts, which I did all times) and I didn't use anything beyond that.

One of them was iForce Nutrition's Maximize Intense - iFORCE MAXIMIZE INTENSE

The other one is part of a Dutch supp shop's own brand/product range and is called Unleash! V3. Loosely translated (courtesy of Google) it contained:
    IMO Unleash's pump and energy boost were great and I blasted through my workout but the 'crash' (I'm not sure if that's the correct term? Have seen it being used by others. Pretty much a negative change of mood and lack of energy) wasn't. I had a falling out with a friend that day so that might've influenced or increased the moo.
    Maximize Intense had a much less pleasant energy boost and took seemingly longer to kick in. Like Unleash, I took it 10 mins or so before I left for the gym, so 40 mins before my workout. Whereas Unleash was noticable pretty fast, by the time Maximize Intense started to show it's effects I was in my last 10 mins or so of a, say, 50-60 minute workout. When I came home I remained highly focused for almost another hour or so combined with a feeling of nervousness. The crash wasn't nearly as negative as Unleash but still there.

This doesn't apply to me as I'm not stateside, but anyone seen this? Medical News: FDA Goes After Products with DMAA - in Public Health & Policy, FDA General from MedPage Today

18. texshred777

texshred777 SS.org Regular

I don't really mess with too many supps, but my currents are:

Isopure or O.N Gold Standard Whey 1-2x day depending on my schedule and diet for the day.
    Fish Oils
    Multi vitamin. Currently using Animal Pak.
    Occassionally I use Jack3d as well. I'll use it for a couple weeks, then a couple weeks without it.

The only thing I'm thinking about adding is creatine(standalone creatine, I know Jack3d has some in it as well).

19. MacTown09

MacTown09 SS.org Regular

My favorite pre workout is Muscle Marinade.

What do you guys think of it?

20. the hittmann

the hittmann SS.org Regular

Stuff is ok, I've found most pre-workouts just don't do anything for me, just give me the jitters.