Speaker crimps - what are the right ones and where can I get them?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Alex79, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Alex79

Alex79 SS.org Regular

I'm looking for some of these quick connectors for speakers that are often used. I don't want to solder my speakers in, so I can swap them from time to time.

I found these spade crimp connectors on Amazon, but I don't know if these are the right ones.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006Z95W8U/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AIF4G7PLKBOZY&psc=1

This has been really a tough search - I don't even know which term I should search for!

Does anybody know where I can get these in the UK and which ones will fit. I would like to get around a dozen of them.

2. Soya

Soya Poor person Contributor

Cordless soldering gun? Not sure about UK specific stores but literally any hardware/ home improvement/ all in one grocery store in the US has those.

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Would help to know what you're trying to plug into what and the gauge of the wire you're using.

4. Alex79

Alex79 SS.org Regular

20181205_071342.jpg The quick connectors you often find on guitar speakers. I've attached a picture of some old ones I have. They don't have any markings on them.

I'll just use some cable that is thick enough, nothing special.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  5. MaxOfMetal

You're looking for .25" fast-on, female crimps. Most speaker wire is between 18 and 22 gauge. So the ones you posted might be a tight fit. I think the metric conversion is ~6mm.

I was just asking because I didn't know if you were specifically looking to go smaller for some reason.

6. Alex79

Alex79 SS.org Regular

Thanks, that helps a lot. Do you know a place that sells them or is Amazon my best bet?

7. MaxOfMetal

I'm not sure what would be best if you're in the UK. Do you guys have electronics hobbyist shops?

Amazon should be fine.