soy milk versus cow milk

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Leon, Nov 10, 2004.

1. macalpine88

macalpine88 SS.org Regular

:agreed: i could gnaw away at a chunk of slab bacon all day mmmmmm pig fat :yum:

2. Vince

Vince Contributor

soy burgers and soy chicken nuggets kick ass. I eat them all the time. They taste exactly the same and they have like 1/3rd the fat.

3. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

really? i haven't gone that far, but i may have to give them a try.

4. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

I grinded some nasty pork rinds today. Man that stuff is evil-but it tastes good..

5. macalpine88

macalpine88 SS.org Regular

pork rinds rule :hbang: nothing like a puffed up chunk of pig skin :scream2:

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

And how about cream in your coffee?

Just because milk is inteded for baby cows doesn't mean we shouldn't eat it- hell, veal WAS a baby cow, yet plenty of people eat and enjoy that (let's steer clear of the humanitarian aspects- if you rather, a nice t-bone used to be a baby cow). It's a valid food product, whether or not it's particuarly good for you is beside the point- we use it and its various products (cheese, cream, etc) as a flavorful addition to our diet.

I'm not saying it isn't a good idea to limit your intake a little- too much of anything is bad for you- I'm just saying that nothing I've seen in this thread constitutes a reason to stop drinking it and eating its products altogether.

Incidentally, while a soy burger or soy nugget has absolutely no appeal to me, I LOVE gardenburgers. Do they taste just like a beef patty? No, but that's not the point- they're a very flavorful grillable alternative, and in my experience, it's a lto easier to make a good gardenburger than a good burger- my school served them at barbecues a lot for the vegetarians, and I'd usually opt for them over the burgers because the burgers were always overcooked, but a slightly overcooked gardenburger just got a bit crispy on the outside, which was nice. :)

-D

7. Leon

i've never been a coffee drinker :D

no, drinking animal milk won't kill you, i've just found a suitable/healthier alternative to it.

i guess it's been a health kick as of late. i mean, i've been clear of smoking and drinking for about 7 years now, and have lately started regular exercise and trimming up my diet. both were going south lately :p

i just started the thread because i'm feeling alot better lately. is it all psychogenic? eh, could be :D

8. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

ahh. there, my friend, is your problem.

*sips third large black coffee of the day*

9. Leon

:lol:

once as an undergrad i was talking with one of my grad student buddies. she asked me if i'd like some coffee that she had just made, and i said, "thanks but no thanks, i'm not a coffee drinker." to which she replied, "the force is strong with you, but soon enough you'll join the dark and caffienated side."

though, i DO like my ice creams... i'm not sure how i'm going to work my way around that. maybe ice cream will just have to be my dairy vice :D

10. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

it's the only way to be. If you don't like coffee, you just haven't had a well-brewed cup (I grind my own first thing in the morning, and brew it in a french press- doesn't need cream or sugar, it's got a smooth flavor and great body as it is).

If you're ever in waltham, let me know- I'll get you hooked. ;)

-D