Sound hole pickups for seven string acoustics

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by MajorTom, Apr 12, 2016.

1. MajorTom

MajorTom Supreme Being

Does anybody know if there are any sound hole pickups made for seven string acoustic guitars, there are hundreds available for six string acoustic guitars, but I've yet to come across any that are made for seven string acoustic guitars. Does anybody know if there are any and if so who makes them - links to any would be great, and any recommendations would be even better, this is something that I'm seriously interested in buying, I'm that interested that I would be willing to import it directly from America and pay all the import duties and shipping fees, and even go boutique if I have to.

2. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

I'm not aware of any that mount to the sound hole, but you could still make a soundboard transducer and/or internal mic pickup system work, you'd just have to be willing to mount it semi-permanently in your guitar and add an output jack. For something along those lines, check out the K&K Pure Mini.

3. MajorTom

MajorTom Supreme Being

The guitar I'm wanting a sound hole pickup for - preferably a humbucker, actually already has a really good pickup and pre amp system built into it, the Fishman┬« Sonicore pickup with the Ibanez SST Shape Shifter™ preamp with on board tuner and balanced XLR and 1/4" Outputs. This is the guitar I want to get a sound hole pickup for, mainly to experiment with, I also want to find compatible machine heads so that I can change the stock machine heads that it comes with to much better ones.

Acoustics AEL - AEL207E | Ibanez guitars

So it's a case of a sound hole pickup, or just stick to what is already in there, which is rather good. Like I said it was mainly to experiment with. Or I could always find a humbucker version of the sound hole pickup for the standard six string acoustics, and get one of them to experiment with.