Songwriting Subforum?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by asher, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Repner

Repner SS.org Regular

Looks like this idea is really popular now. Maybe try again?

2. inaudio

inaudio Hack Fraud

I actually really like this idea. It would make finding "compatible" members very easy for any newcomers as long as it was used correctly.

So far there's 3 people who have stated their interest in being part of the test group. If we could get 2 more people who'd be interested in actively participating, then I think that we'd have the grounds to ask the mods for their approval. If anyone out there feels like they'd be interested in being part of the test group, please reply to this thread and state your interest clearly. The more the merrier! :metal:

3. tyler_faith_08

tyler_faith_08 Strings of Chaos

The dude (alex) will listen to a mod or 2 much quicker than 50 other people with the mean post count that this thread has. If one of them backs the idea and has to put forth very little effort to organize it because there are so many ideas here now (I'm sure that there will be more ideas to come), it's much more likely to happen.

As far as little traffic, look at how much has gone through live performance in the past month. I'd say at least 20 or so threads that are closely related to what we're trying to do. How many say, "critique my composition"? Then, look at how many are in theory and technique. That's another 5 that are loosely related.

The flow is definitely here. I have a substantial amount of material that I'd post and I know there are many more here that would as well.

4. Osorio

Osorio SS.org Regular

I don't think Alex has much to any time to this forum anymore. As far as I know, he hasn't done any technical updates to this place in quite some time, and most of the chances he does are related to annexing other forums and sites (mostly that he also manages) to this one... Like the PRSTalk thing that suddenly appeared out of nowhere one of these days.
    This forum is stable and doesn't give him, who is apparently the only "coder" of the site, any trouble at all. I HIGHLY doubt he will mess with code because of 5-ish replies, which, by the way, is NOT a "mean" post count by any standards...

If this thread somehow goes to the 50th page of unique user showing support (which would be in the neighborhood of 1200 people), sure, maybe we could pull some pressure, but a few posts ago I asked ANYONE to post about this thing on the General Music Discussion forum, because there was a probability that if I did, I would get banned for cross-posting. Did someone do it? No. So forgive me for being skeptical about this whole thing.

If you have a "substantial amount of material to post", post it. Use the format, and go right ahead. No one is stopping anyone from using this. My suggestion of mod approval was merely a suggestion to clarify intention. However, if only you and other 3 people (estimate) start posting your stuff today, 4 new threads is HIGHLY unlikely to be considered "forum clutter". Go right ahead.

5. Basti

Basti not much space to wr

Thanks for notifying me about this thread, I might need it :lol:

hey all!