Soccer / Football - All things here :)

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Sebastian, Mar 31, 2011.

1. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

Well, the did beat the team which seemed like the obvious champion before the world cup started. And they didn't win by accident. I'm really happy the US-team won, especially after Brazil once again demonstrated that their soccer players are rather bad actors. Does anybody else think Marta is kinda overrated? Sure, she's good, but not THAT good. And not always fair.

2. scherzo1928

scherzo1928 has wood for you

Yeah, It was a great game. It's probably the first time I've wanted a USA soccer team to win, and they deserved it.

Yeah, I wrote that before they played against germany. Even though they won, I dont think they played to all their potential, they were being too cautious. But I maintain that they really know how to treat the ball, and play the best football of all the teams I've seen in the tournament..

And about Brasil's national team, I think that the same applies for the men's national team. I for one didnt like the women's national team AT ALL. They spent all the game diving, and letting the clock run, and that's REALLY not what I like about this game.

AND, FINALLY
    [​IMG]
    Mexico won the under 17 world cup!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneone

They show a loooot of potential, and I cant wait a few years to watch them in the big team. Mad props for Germany as well, they got some MONSTER players comming out.

3. Sebastian

Sebastian Poland CEO / RHLC ©

I believe this isn't the best MLS team?

4. Sebastian

5. simulclass83

simulclass83 Yes, pancakes.

Wow!

6. scherzo1928

Hah! that was awesome!

7. Sebastian

Anyone saw some highlights from Manchesters and Barcelonas games from their USA tour?

Now some awesome goals here:

8. Sebastian

Holy Batman! Uniteds second goal was amazing! great passing :)

9. setsuna7

setsuna7 Poor Gearwhore

Yes it was!!! Stuff of Champions!!!! Cleverley was awesome,proof that United not need buying the replacement for Scholesy!! Suck on that COW!!!

10. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Man, I was worried when United were 2-0 down at half time, but they played better throughout the game and deserved the win.

And who needs Sneijder when you have Tom Cleverly?!

11. Sebastian

I remember the game against Tottenham... Hotspur led 3-0 to the half.. in the second United scored 5 goals! :)

12. setsuna7

setsuna7 Poor Gearwhore

I prefer the one at Old Trafford in 09, we were 2 nil down at half time,then Carlitos came on,we scored 5 goals,and with Ronny taking his shirt after his 2nd goal(United's 3rd), that sums it up,the NEVER SAY DIE attitude of United!!!But then again we never played well if start the game attacking Stretford End,it's better when we end attacking Stretford End!!!

13. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

To be honest, there were many of those games. The worst in terms of how I felt was when we were 2-0 against Blackpool, followed by when we were 2-0 down against West Ham.

Still, I shouldn't have worried because we won those anyway :lol:

14. scherzo1928

Aaaaaaaaaaand, Fabregas comes back home!!

15. Wingchunwarrior

Wingchunwarrior OVER THE LINE!

Wow! I didn't see that coming:lol:

16. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

He's on the bench. Hard to see him disrupting the Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets trio unless my dream comes true and Busquets actually is injured after rolling on the floor after receiving a tap on the ankle.

17. scherzo1928

Aaaaaand it only took him 15 min to win his first title.

Anyone else watched the game? What did you think? Personaly, I'm tired of madrid always lining up the FBI's 10 most wanted.

18. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Yeah, I guess that beats 6 years at Arsenal :lol:

It wasn't a question of whether he wins titles or not; at Barcelona that is pretty much a given. It's whether he could become a regular starter in the first team. Same goes for Alexis Sanchez.

There is also the question of whether Barcelona needed him or not as there is a kid there by the name of Thiago who recently signed a new contract as well as looking THE SHIT. His goal against Man United in pre season was AMAZING. I read a comment somewhere, The Guardian I think, saying that the Fabregas purchase (lol, even the Barca board get GAS for FabreGAS) was just to have the boards dream come true and field a team of 10 Catalans and Messi. Made me laugh quite a bit.

Which goes to the game. I think Jose has one of his players sent off every time he plays Barca so he can have a moan about it afterwards. Or maybe the boots of the Real player love the taste of Barcelona shins. I'm willing to go for the lattter, given that the Barcelona player in question is Sergio Busquets. I can never get enough of seeing him kicked.

In other news, I really want the transfer window to be over so I can never have to read another story about how Manchester United have signed Wesly Sneidjer. At this present count, I believe that we have signed him over 9000 times and counting. Once the UK tabloids figure out that we ARE NOT going to sign him, life can move on as usual and we can suck in the first half of the season only to win the title by a convincing 12 point margin once De Gea realises that you have to keep the ball out of the net, not let it dribble in (okay, the De Gea comment was harsh, I do really expect him to come though as our new No 1).

And once Javier Hernandez is fit, I expect him to score his first hat trick of the season all using unconventional body parts. First with his shin, second with his back and his third and final goal, a penalty won by a Nani dive, scored by Chicharito using his arse.

19. scherzo1928

Agreed. on pretty much everything.

About Fabregas, Barcelona plays waaay too many games during the season, and not everyone can start every game. Xavi is getting older and needs to rest a bit instead of playing every 3 days. And he will take Xavi's spot in the team when he eventually retires. Also, since we really only have 4 forwards (sorry I really dont know what you call every field position in english... funny since you invented the game) Iniesta can play on the left side, and another spot opens up in the midfield for Fabregas or Thiago.

Talking about Thiago. He is an unbelievable player. I think the best part of him, is that he is able to make unbelievable plays in any stadium, and he doesnt seem to feel the preassure even though he is still very young. Having seen at least 50% of Barcelona's 2nd team last season I think he has the skill to become one of the great players of the History of this team... I just hope he gets the minutes of play time he deserves.

--

About Madrid... I used to have respect for that team (even though I hate them for what they did in the past), but since Mourinho arrived I can't even watch their games. And what he did yesterday to Tito Villanova shows what kind of person he is. If you didn't watch, while Tito was trying to separate the players, Mourinho walked behind his back and grabbed him by the cheek (not exactly in a playfull maner) and walked away like the little bitch he is. Afterwards in the press conference he said he didnt do anything to "Pito, Pito villanova... I really dont know that %#$/'s name" (Pito is spanish for Dick)

AND, to end the wall of text, Give De Gea some time, he is VERY FRIGGIN GOOD. Oh, and your description of Chicharito is spot on.

20. revclay

revclay SS.org Regular

Well, that was a fantastic game marred by some shenanigans at the end. Absolutely pathetic. I'm almost tired of watching the Clasico because of all of the bullshit.

Now, on to some other points that have been brought up:

- I used to love Mourinho and his antics, now I think it is just sad and that he has some serious psychological problems. He's turned Real Madrid into the antithesis of what it was during the Galacticos era. Not that I ever have liked Real Madrid, but at least Real Madrid were fun to watch at one point and were respectable.

- With Fabregas and Sanchez on board, they have so many more options. Now, they can potentially push Iniesta up on the pitch and play him as a forward and have Fabregas and Xavi in midfield with Busquets/Mascherano. Sanchez can also play instead of Pedro. Their attacking options are more varied and their depth will help them with all of the competitions they have this season.

- With that being said, they need some help in defense badly. Abidal looked great in the Supercopa and Mascherano actually played very well, but Mascherano isn't a CB. He will get schooled by bigger sides and he can get caught out of position at times. More depth there would help out immensely. Unfortunately, Puyol's age is catching up with him and he won't be around too much longer. They need to find a long term replacement for him.