Soccer / Football - All things here :)

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Sebastian, Mar 31, 2011.

1. bautista

bautista hi :)

[​IMG]
    wasn't penalty at all...

2. Santuzzo

Santuzzo SS.org Regular

No, it wasn't.
    Neuer was going for the ball.

3. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Congratulations to Germany. Thoroughly deserved to
    win this World Cup. Schweinsteiger and Boateng were
    immense tonight. Wonderful goal to win the game.

How the hell did Messi win player of the tournament?? :scratch:

4. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

HE DID????Are you ....ing kiddin me??? :lol:

5. Entropy Prevails

Entropy Prevails SS.org Regular

HELL ....ING YEEESSS!!!! That was a ....ing intense match! Thank you Argentina for such a legendary final!

ps: yeah messi winning the golden boot was kind of random

6. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

Congrats to Germany....tough and talented team. Was awesome!

7. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

DEEEUUUUUTTTSSCCCHHHHLAAAAANNNNDDDDD!!! :metal:

So happy the Germans won, even though I kind of expected it. :D Was a good match, for sure!. It was particularly fun watching it at a pub where 90% of all customers were wearing Argentina jerseys and flags and had their faces painted with the Argentinian colours, etc. :lol: t'was good rubbing it in their faces just for the shit of it. Regardless, it has to be acknowledged that Argentina played one hell of a game and Germany just barely had the lead for some of the time.

Still bummed about that Golden Boot though... just wtf?! Messi? Really? He was good this tournament, but not nearly the best or that memorable.

8. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

Indeed.
    Schweinsteiger and Lahm have been INFINITE.

It wasn't...just like Aguero's punch to Schweinsteiger.

9. tm20

tm20 SS.org Regular

great game, was worth waking up early to watch. I just wish I was back in Germany right now partying :(

10. AliceLG

AliceLG \m/^_^\m/

Watched the game with about 5000 germans in a conference hall. I was secretly rooting for Argentina :lol:

It was a great game, the kinda game one expects for a final. Victory well deserved for die Mannschaft.

I have to admit I'm sad to see that a European team has finally won a World Cup on the other side of the Atlantic, but all European teams that got thru the group stage were playing good football. Last night both teams played extremely well.

Messi didn't win the Golden Boot, THAT would be a travesty. He won the Golden Ball and it was well deserved if you ask me. Out of the 8 goals that Argentina made in the tournament he made 4, assisted the other 3 and the last one came after a shot of his was blocked. He pretty much took the team on his shoulders up until the quarter-finals, winning 4 MVPs for the first 4 matches. So yes, he might not have played at his best, but he was the best player. Last night every single time he got the ball you could feel 5000 germans butts clenching in the conference hall :lol:

Now giving Neuer the Golden Glove? For shame! Romero, Navas and Cilessen were all better keepers. Navas was the best of the bunch. 2 goals conceded in 5 matches (510 minutes, 255 min/goal) and a shitload of saves including a perfect penalty shootout against Greece. Neuer conceded 4 goals in 7 matches (690 minutes, 172.5 min/goal) and had to do some aggressive defensive play against Algeria because the defense line was horrible on that match.

It might be that Messi didn't rise up to expectations, but Neuer winning the Golden Glove, that is just wrong.

11. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Anyway it was the first time I've seen Germany's coach with a smile on his face,I kinda had the feeling he had paralysis or something:lol:

He did a great job,but yeah,when you are the German Jeff Beck twin,one can expect nothing less!

12. Centrix

Centrix SS.org Regular

Amazing! It was a very boring game as one would expect from a final but I think in the end Germany goes home with a much, much deserved win. Throughout the entire competition they were not only regular but also much better than all other teams. Very enjoyable football to watch :yesway:

And that Götze goal... Incredible! Reminded me of a goal my team (Benfica) scored this season, against our biggest rival and that allowed us to go through to the cup final which we would end up winning. Hence the crazy celebrations :lol: here's the video: [sapovid]Y3wnPRRz2G34u2YUKhet[/sapovid]

There's also a couple of players on our line-up that game who were on the WC. Garay and Enzo for Argentina (even though the first has already been sold to Zenit), Maxi Pereira for Uruguay... And also Lazar Markovic who, although he wasn't in the WC because Servia didn't get the qualification, has moved to Liverpool today for around 25 million euro. And our goalkeeper, Oblak has also moved to Atletico Madrid to replace Courtois, for 16 million...

So yeah, I'm not sure if we're going to have a decent team this season, with so many sales :wallbash:

13. Sang-Drax

Sang-Drax God is dad

Living in Curitiba (Brazil). Originally from Rio.
    My thoughts exactly. While I think other players might have played better (Robben and James Rodriguez spring into mind), I do think Messi was great on his own. Neuer is doubtlessly amazing, but Navas or Ochoa deserved the prize better, IMO.

I was supporting Argentina, but Germany having won is pretty fair, especially considering their performance in 2006 and 2010.

14. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time Contributor

15. HurrDurr

HurrDurr Lord of all Things

Alright, so the WC has come and gone, time to get back to some good ol' club football. With that in mind,

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE NEW ARSENAL KITS?!??!!?!!?!??!1!??!ONE??!?!!1/111

LINKS!

16. chinnybob

chinnybob SS.org Regular

The home kit is okay... I can't get along with the away kit or the third kit. Too many colours maybe? I think I'd prefer it if the away kit had blue Puma and Emirates logos, and I'm not a fan of the green bits on the third kit.

Bit annoyed I didn't get last season's away kit now...

17. HurrDurr

I have both home and away from the last two seasons (they were the same, so I lucked out!). You can probably find some on closeout sale online or at Nike outlets. I'm still on the hunt for their elusive third kit from the 12/13-13/14 seasons. I'll definitely be getting my hands on the new Puma kits though, for sure!

18. Centrix

Centrix SS.org Regular

Looks nice! Clean and simple.

19. HurrDurr

Who else is excited for the Premier League this year?

20. chinnybob

chinnybob SS.org Regular

Its not quite grabbed me yet. I think the world cup has sated me, I need a break before I can really get up for it. I absolutely cannot wait to get playing again though! Watching matches always gets me hungy to play. Pre season starts soon and I've been doing so much fitness work so that I can turn up in the best possible shape. Anyone else here play the game?