So my band is releasing an album :D

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Sumsar, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Hi folks!

So my band is finally releasing our debut album! Basicly this has been 2½ years in the making from starting writing to now :scream:
    We have spent endless amounts of time on talking with labels, getting new band members before releasing and having them record their parts again, then having the same members drop out of the band, remixing the album etc, etc.
    All in all a looot of hard learned lessons, which is somewhat also what we expected when we started out working on it.

So anyway here is the first track from the album that we decided to release two weeks prior to releasing the album:

We recorded it ourselves, using our rehearsal room as a studio and then I mixed it at home. The drums are 100% real except the kick which is a samples we made ourselves with the same kit.
    The production is not flawless, but for instance the drums where recorded two years ago and I have learned so much more since then.
    We did this with less than 2000$ worth of gear (excluding drums, guitars, amps and such), I will go more in to depth on that when we release the actual album.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the song, please give some feedback :)
    Its the most straight forward song on the album as it is the only one without a 45 second intro :lol:

2. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Anyone?

3. You

You þ

I am hearing a slight black metal influence on this particular song, notably on certain guitar riffs where there is diminished chords and tremolo picking. The vocals have a raspy quality that many black metal bands have. Overall, I am enjoying what I am hearing in this particular song, though it could benefit from more raw production quality, not that I find the clean production to be a large detriment.

4. Unleash The Fury

Unleash The Fury SS.org Regular

not a huge fan of blackish metal but this does sound good to my ears. It's put together pretty well. You should do good on your full album release, just get it out there!

5. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Thanks a lot guys, your feedback means a lot :)
    Yeah we are definitely a mix of black and death metal. Production wise I have never really gotten into the old school black metal thing with very raw productions, though I like drums and guitars to sound natural and not super edited and sampled.

6. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

I like it. Always up for the some black in my death metal. :yesway:

7. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

^Thanks man!

8. primitiverebelworld

primitiverebelworld SS.org Regular

Sounds really good. Have you thought of clean vocal passages? If the voice is right it would kick you to the next level.

9. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

^ Thanks!! Well we have changed vocalist since recording this, so atm I am the vocalist and yes I have thought about it for our next release, though I haven't begun figuring out the lyrics for that yet, though we already have about 6 new songs.

Btw the full album is now released, check it out:

10. JimF

JimF SS.org Regular

I really like this!
    I love how the production feels clean but you can still its very human and not over-produced (thats a compliment).
    I love the vocals and the blending of genre's. I'm getting a Gorgoroth/Naglfar/mid period Cannibal Corpse/slower Hate Eternal vibe from a lot of the sections, not saying I'm right but that's what came to mind!

Just bought it on iTunes!