So I saw a bunch of emos last night

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by gatesofcarnage, Nov 3, 2008.

1. gatesofcarnage

gatesofcarnage The Canada

Last night I saw PersonL, The Devil Wears Prada, Saosin, and Underoath last night at Pops. PersonL wasnt very good they were really poppy gay stuff, lots of energy,but still pretty gay. up next was The Devil Wears Prada they did pretty good the pits were fun because of all the emo kids you could annihilate:metal: Busted one kids head open and at one point got hit by a flying beer bottle. Then there was Saosin, not my favorite but they put on a good show TONS of energy, didnt bother to stay in the crowd for that. Then Underoath who was the bvest act of the night. i got up in the front against the gate which wasnt realy fun because of being extreemly smashed and being kicked in the face by countless crowdsurfers, but allowed for some very good photos. Thesse guys i really didnt expect that much from but they proved me wrong they had the most energy out of anyone, tons of crowd interaction and they sounded really good. though none of the bands are my favorite it was a pretty fun night.

noob_pwn likes this.
  2. Elysian

Elysian Banned

:noway: to busting a kids head open

3. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

If you're going to a "PersonL, The Devil Wears Prada, Saosin, and Underoath show" and you're intolerant of "emos" then you seriously need to reconsider your taste in concerts to attend. :nuts:

Also, busting a kid's head open isn't cool. Not even a little bit. :noplease:

Justin Bailey likes this.
  4. drmosh

drmosh Sir Paul of the Mosh Contributor

well done being a dick!

5. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

Yeah, really though. How can you really hate on emo kids when you're listening to emo music?

6. Xtremevillan

Xtremevillan im leaving ss.org Contributor

Why would you even go in a pit, I hate people that go in pits.

7. Despised_0515

Despised_0515 Bassist of Redivider Contributor

+1

This thread just seems... I don't even know :shrug:
    but yeah, when I saw Underoath at Warped 2 years ago
    they were absolutely THE fucking best band I've ever seen live.
    Not to mention basically 3/4 of the people AT Warped all crammed together to see 'em, so much touching and smushing and sweating and crowd surfing etc etc :ugh:

Still pissed at myself for having too much fun to get any pics or vids of 'em.
    Still got that ticket on a corkboard in my room.

8. Xtremevillan

Xtremevillan im leaving ss.org Contributor

Don't you hate when you're front row (or around there) and crowdsurfers push everyone so close and then people cut in front of you? I hate crowdsurfers in general but this was ridiculous, at the Carcass Necrophagist concert. I also hate the closeness. EW.

9. gatesofcarnage

First i amnt hating on emos i just said i saw alot of em(not saying i like them though). and the busting the kids head open was a complete an accident i was running out of the crowd and hit the guy in the back of knees and he fell and hit his head on the concrete and did help the guy up.

I didnt really mind the the crowdsurfers to much but the dicks trying to pull me off the front gate did.

10. auxioluck

auxioluck Metal Teddy Bear

I typically stand back at shows, I'll mosh a little bit, but not like I did when I was 18-19. Last time I witnessed emo hardcore dancing, I kicked a trashcan into the circle and a dude running to do a jump kick tripped (or slipped) on it and ate shit. He was okay, it was a plastic trashcan that he landed on. But I got a good laugh or two. Going to see a band isn't about what kind of bullshit version of martial arts you think you can do, it's about seeing the band. I was there to see The Red Chord, A Life Once Lost, and BTBAM tear it up, not flailing arms and girl jeans on guys.

Besides, the old metal biker guys there messed up the hardcore dancers way more than I did.

And to busting the dude's head open, shit happens. It was accident, abviously he understood that. I've been intentionally elbowed in the back of the head, and yeah, the dude got a nice (and well deserved) swollen eye afterwards, but if I ever got busted up by accident, then no big deal. I'm sure a lot of us have had enough bloody noses in moshpits to know the difference.

Glad you had fun at the show man. :yesway:

11. rectifryer

rectifryer Banned

Fuck emos.

That said, Did you mean scene or emo? Same thing to me but not to others. -1 for hurting others if it was intentional.

Anyways, the bands that were playing have metal influences. If thats the closest thing to metal you get to see live, then I understand tolerating other groups you may not like just to get the lead out. I used to live in south dakota and the only bands that would play locally are emo metal core shit bands. Didnt really like them but I still like hearing anything to do with metal thats loud and has a moshpit going.

12. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

i absolutly love pits, i go fucking ape shit, i'm 6 ft. 250 though. To be honost, the ONLY reason i even go to shows is for the pit and feeling the music and letting loose. if i really just wanted to listen to the music, i'd just put on a live cd.

13. gatesofcarnage

Thanks. yeah those hardcore dancers are pretty.......good at karate:lol:
    yeah got a bloody nose during underoath from the guy in front of me while he was headbanging it was cool though cause i didnt even notice til he turned around and told me i was bleeding.

Scene,emo it is the same i think. and this was the least metal show i have been to the last show i saw was Lamb of God and DevilDriver:metal::hbang::metal:

14. Thrashmanzac

Thrashmanzac plays in 69/42

i hate them, but i also think its part of the experiance ya know. being covered in strangers sweat... kicked in the head... cut above the eye by a random headbutt... i dunno when i saw meshauggah there was no way in hell i was gonna just stand back and watch, i wanted to be in the pit!

15. CrushingAnvil

CrushingAnvil \m not jesus land m/

Good job man, even though no one else thinks so. ALTHOUGH....I dont know why you went to the show, when you knew it would be full of emos...

If I went to a Hate Eternal gig and noticed a few scene kids or emo's in the crowd I'd definitely waste no time putting them in their place :lol:

16. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

why do people hate on other people with a similar taste in music as them? they're at the show, so they're gonna like at least 1 band on the bill... why start shit.

that said, if you intentionally fucked up some kids then yeah welcome to being a grade A asshole. if it was accidental - eh, whatever.

hope you had fun! last time i saw underoath was 3 eyars ago or so w/ alexisonfire and the used - i was in seats, but it was a good time. lots of guitar spins, a cake being thrown.. good times.

petereanima likes this.
  17. TonalArchitect

TonalArchitect Augmented Chords!

:agreed:

Also:
    ....cake?

18. B Lopez

B Lopez Vescere bracis meis.

haha, reminds me of when i saw testament; people were throwing hoagies and salads :spock::lol:

19. gatesofcarnage

Cake? in the crowd or stage?

20. neon_black88

neon_black88 SS.org Regular

I hate the people that go to shows just beat the crap out of people in the pit. I could never go to an emo gig, I'd lose my mind. I have a really irrational hatred for emos. Silly little girls.

[​IMG]

I FUCKING HATE YOU

Groff likes this.