So, Fallout 4...

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by SkapocalypseNow, Nov 14, 2013.

1. SkapocalypseNow

SkapocalypseNow Coffee Cups?

A place with stuff and things and people. Just kid
    Information has FINALLY surfaced.

This domain was, as indicated by a quick WhoIs lookup, legitimately registered to Zenimax Media yesterday, and in true Bethesda fashion, it's cryptic as usual. Beeping and a countdown, counting down to December 11th, so if we don't see a reveal that day, I'll be incredibly surprised. It might not seem like much, but some of the bigger details lie in the source code:

• There are two references to locations in mp3 URLs: Bridgeport (presumably, CT) and Fall River (a place in MA.) So the rumors of Bethesda being at MIT and the surrounding areas may not be far off at all.
    • It looks like PrepareForTheFuture.com is going to be put to use once again. Six png image files appear to be hosted there: 04_poster_pinch.png,
      04_poster_apo.png,
      04_poster_battlesh_cov.png,
      04_poster_river.png,
      04_poster_bst01.png,
      04_poster_bst02.png,
      04_poster_bk_wads_atheneum.png
      So, we've got apo (apocalypse), bst (Boston maybe?), battlesh_cov (Battleship Cove in Fall River, MA) and wads_atheneum (Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford, CT.) However, all these links currently redirect to the Fallout site.
    • There is also going to be an age verification, standard for any M rated video game sites.
    • The Vault-Tec logo was added underneath the countdown.
    I read into everything when I'm stupidly excited for something, but all this looks legit. So if anyone's got any additional speculation, rumors, discussion, have at it. :yesway:

Also have a screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

Hell yeah! Can't wait to play, loved New Vegas but it is really outdated now.

3. Severance

Severance The Cockhammer

.... yeah to bad this is probably still not gonna come out til 2015.

4. ScottyB724

ScottyB724 SS.org Regular

I wonder if there's a message in the morse code beeps that play on the website...

5. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

nice, a Birthday present for me :lol:

I agree with spaceduck, I've been playing New Vegas recently, and the ammount game-breaker bugs and glitches is awful :( I hope they pay more attention to that in the next gen, but is kinda hard with such massive games in Bethesda fashion

6. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

That's fine, it'll give me plenty of time to save up and build a new gaming rig :lol:.

7. Grand Moff Tim

2014-2015 is probably a fair guess, though, given the timeline of Bethesda's other major open-world releases:

Morrowind 2002
    Oblivion 2006
    FO3 2008
    Skyrim 2011

No, I didn't include FO:NV there, since Bethesda technically didn't make it, and it wasn't much more than a really large expansion pack for FO3. It's great, though. Don't get me wrong.

8. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

It's just the date. it says 12.11.13

9. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

YES!!!!! This IS my favorite franchise, period! I would give up all other games to play Fallout!:hbang:

10. ferret

ferret Not worthy

I couldn't get into New Vegas for some reason, but I explored and crawled the hell out of FO3. Can't wait.

11. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Fallout 3 was entirely too dour for my liking, it lacked the great dark humour of the original 2 Fallout games. Fallout: New Vegas did a much better job of capturing that feeling, and had a more interesting story to boot (IMO).

12. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

Fallout games have never been stable on release. Fallout 2 had some massive game-breaking bugs that required some serious thinking to find a workaround. Some are still being patched by the Fallout community to this day. Its what happens when you create game of that size with a limited amount of time and resources all the while with publishers on your back trying to get it out as quick as possible.

I wonder where the story will go after NV. As much as I love Fallout lore and the factions I'm hoping for something new like what Fallout Tactics offered. As long as Chris Avellone is on the team then its in very good hands.

13. ayaotd

ayaotd SS.org Regular

I absolutely love Fallout. Skyrim was really, really good. I do not know why, but I prefer Fallout to Skyrim. The story is usually pretty neat/bizarre. I did not play any DLC for New Vegas. I heard mixed reviews about it.

14. Grand Moff Tim

New Vegas had some of the best DLC to ever grace a gaming system. Every company should have to look at NV before releasing DLC, and think to themselves: "how does this measure up?"

15. SkapocalypseNow

SkapocalypseNow Coffee Cups?

A place with stuff and things and people. Just kid
    ANOTHER THING!

Let's just say if it's a hoax, Bethesda needs to hire whoever did this pretty much immediately.
    The usage of 74A has to do with vault 74, which was found in the game files for New Vegas, but was never actually in the game. All that was found in the vault when it was accessed through console commands were a bunch of fiends and one "Vault 74a overseer's log" which was as follows:
    Which if you listen to the audio file listed as "...//> #10.44.78" on this page, you'll hear exactly that.

16. ShadowAMD

ShadowAMD SS.org Regular

Also there's been a copyright patent pending for the new Zenimax shared ID Tech engine called Void Engine.

Seems coincidental.

17. ReznoERG

ReznoERG Tickle my pickle PLZ

Nice! This made me stoked.

18. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

THere is now a Cryptogram on the website:
    Solved, it reads:

19. glpg80

glpg80 √εvil

New cryptogram posted different from the previous. Not sure how to decode it though.

20. JustMac

JustMac ss not-so-regular

Fallout 4 Trailer Audio Potentially Leaked: Reddit Questions Legitimacy

Ambivalent response to this; this audio seems to be professionally mixed, so if it is a hoax they deserve all the attention this
    has gathered for sheer effort. Never thought I'd say it but hats off to them if it is.

However, is this a little *too* similar to the Fallout 3 first trailer (the one with the Ink Spots "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire") to be the real deal? The transition points (radio static --> song --> orchestral piece are literally the exact same, and the article says the song is from 1963. Fallout, particularly 3, is centered around post WWII, 1950's nuclear-era with that false sense of a secure, boomtime "golden-age" USA, and its world is reflective of that era, and not the chaotic 60's. Fallout 1,2, and 3 all had music from the late 40's and also 50's, and would have thought Beth would continue that trend.....

But then again, Frank Sinatra's Blue Moon (as in the New Vegas trailer) is from 1961 so I've kinda tossed my aforementioned point in trash.

What do the rest of y'all think? :scratch:

But my inner optimist/ avid fallout fan can't help but hope this is true...pleasepleasepleaseplease.