So all you italians or italian inclined people...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 7 Dying Trees, Jul 9, 2006.

1. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees <b><font color="#87F717">Sarcy English Twat</font>

happy? :D

How many of you will have sore heads tomorrow?

Italy wins! Most pleasing :D

2. Shorty

Shorty Guitar Buying Frenzy!

Quality result :D

3. Nats

Nats SS.org Regular

hell yeah :hbang:

watching the frogs loose is so great

4. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

France should have won it after dominating the game from the 2nd half onwards, but if you don't score, you don't win. Materazzi must have a way with words.

[​IMG]

Samer likes this.
  5. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 <b><font color="deeppink"><3's Tsukasa</font></b>

6. Dormant

Dormant Wanker

Hmmmm ... No he didn't. That guy helped Zidane get himself sent off. I thought it was appalling and shocking that one of the greatest footballers of the last 10 years ended his career on such a sour note. Anyway, it was a fittingly dull game for a fairly substandard world cup competition.

7. Drew

Drew <font color="#C35617"><b>Fear the Polo!</b></font>

False.

Zidane took the cheapest shot I've ever personally seen in a professional soccer game after the play, got himself red carded with most of the second 15-minute overtime left in a game that to that point his team was pretty much dominating, score aside, and left his team down a man against a furious italian squad for the remainder of play. Not only were they not able to sink a final goal in overtime play to prevent a shootout, the French player who eventually hit the crossbar was evidentally not normallyone of their kickers and had Zidane kicked in his place there's a very real chance that this game would have come down to that fifth kick.

As it stands, one day Zidane will have to tell his kids that in his last professional soccer game of his career, he was carded for viciously headbutting an opposing player in overtime, and then proceeded to watch his team lose the World Cup in penalty kicks from the sidelines.

I'm sorry dude, not only was that atrociously poor sportsmanship, that was just STUPID. You're dominating the pace, you're one of the best shots on the field, just hold your tongue and walk away.

Samer likes this.
  8. Nats

Nats SS.org Regular

hahahaha, riiiiiight. he played for the name on the back of his jersey instead of the front. he's a great sportsman and very classy player. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. D-EJ915

Well I wasn't speaking from a smart/sensible opinion up there. As far as that, yeah it was retarded...supposedly he did it before and has got sent off for it.

If he hadn't done that France definitely would've won.

10. Popsyche

Popsyche <b><font color="#66FF22">Beer Sewer</font></b>

That is all true! Do they give out a major dumbass award as well as the "golden Ball"? Still, I think the victim did a little embellishment. He looked like he was hit in the chest with a Mack truck. But, then again... that guy probably has one hell of a strong head! Maybe he hit things with it one too many times... :nuts:

By the way, my Italian half is ecstatic! :woohoo:

11. Mark. A

Mark. A gang* 4 lyfe

I can't believe people actually go for Italy.

The cheap shot their way through the Australian game and "win".

IMO, that's stupid.

Samer likes this.
  12. Popsyche

Popsyche <b><font color="#66FF22">Beer Sewer</font></b>

Remember that in this game, Italy = not France. So your favorite teams may be Australia and who ever is play against France!:scratch:

13. Mark. A

Mark. A gang* 4 lyfe

I see...

14. D-EJ915

Well Italy beat Germany (who I was rooting for) so I was France != Italy, lol. It's funny how things work out.

But really, the French team had it together...I didn't watche the final match but in every game I saw them play they were organized and cool.

15. hitman

hitman New Member

:scream: :scream: :scream: i haven't more voice,i can't believe it!after 24 years!!!!!!!!!! no more comments, only this :
    [​IMG]

16. XEN

XEN BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS

Zidane è un vero stronzo. Punto e basta. Gioca soltanto per sè, e non per la squadra. Avrebbero preferito vedere la Francia vincere, perché ho vissuto molti anni là, ma dopo quella merda, sono contento che l'Italia ha vinto.

17. hitman

hitman New Member

he is our god!gianluigi buffon
    [​IMG]

18. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

Penalties are a lottery, even if France had scored all five, Italy didn't miss one either, it would have gone into sudden death penalties... and really, at that point it's totally down to who's got the bottle.

BTW, nearly all the penalties taken were very good (England please take note).

19. hitman

hitman New Member

yeah,we lose with penalties in 1990, 1994(final vs brasil),1998...it's a terrible lottery...the require calm and precision,we had it yesterday :yesway:

20. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

I was quite suprised, all your penalties were taken well. I'm glad it was settled with the first 5 spot kicks.... poor David Trezeguet though haha, can't feel good to know that your miss from the spot was the only penalty that didn't go in.