Small List of Recommendations

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by glpg80, Mar 18, 2012.

1. glpg80

glpg80 √εvil

Delete Button
    I am not sure if that is possible here, but if your post has not been replied to, to enable the user's ability to delete/remove their just created post under the full editor as a check box option. If it has been replied to then of course only a mod/admin can remove it.

It is a really nice feature to help keep the boards clean of topics/posts that have not been replied to, bumped by accident, or any other general accidental creation or reply.

New User Email Notification Update
    Another recommendation are links forwarded to the user's registered email of all of the default laws/rules/aformentioned guidelines to the new users offline email address. It is being sent as is for new user registration already - it could serve double duty as an FYI collection of guidelines. if the user were banned, they would also have said email in their inbox they could recollect towards or could not argue against.

Just since i have registered i see alot of talk about ban lists, bans, temp bans, new users, e-penis size, and so on and so forth. Logically it makes sense that a good portion of bans could be curbed if users were heeded before they even begin. I see alot of effort in moderation, Just a logical train of thought and recommendation from a new user's and moderator's standpoint to save time, effort, and headache on both sides.

Chat Update
    The chat needs updating. The random disconnects and dropouts are likely due to a storage buffer issue in the chat or poor server connection or some other issue. Not sure if it is a java based chat or html based, but i have experience in .NET 4 and could make further recommendations as a programmer.

Youtube Wrap Button
    A youtube submission button in the full posts editor. In V-bulletin versions of forums there is a youtube code editor that can be added to the server to allow youtube video wrapping just by selecting the video code and pushing the button to wrap it with the youtube wrap requirements of the forum. Have not seen one, but it would be nice to have.

Just a few suggestions :)

2. Iamasingularity

Iamasingularity 7string Ghost

I doubt those recommendations will ever be considered for a long long time.

3. iRaiseTheDead

iRaiseTheDead Ashes Of Rebirth

I think the delete button, and the youtube wrap might be a good idea. Sometimes I hate opening a new browser or tab to watch youtube (on my desktop atleast) We have a slow desktop

But there are times when people accidentally double post, and it'd be nice to delete one of them once in a while :)

4. glpg80

glpg80 √εvil

Yes, the youtube and check-delete-option are features i am familiar with on other boards, or enabled myself with i created forums and websites for gaming communities. It really knocks back the moderation needs of the little things.

The youtube button wrapper is just easy - highlight the video text, press the button, and it will wrap the video code with the already installed youtubevid code on the server. Really simple and just generally easy to do.

The links option is strictly suggestion overall - nothing that does not already exist, but does make it easier to follow and heed as a new user - being as the rules are expected to be known from day one. I think part of the problem are administration referencing rules that simply have not been found or read yet due to them being mixed in with the rest of the posts/topics/announcements/threads/forums/etc.

And the chat needing fixed is neither here nor there. Putting it off tomorrow is just delaying what could be fixed today. If it were easy then it would be done already, better to be done now than never.

5. DDDorian

DDDorian Mantis Toboggan, M.D Super Moderator

Small list of responses:

(we mods can't change anything, the admin doesn't want to change anything, every possible change you could think of has been suggested a million times, nothing changes)

6. glpg80

glpg80 √εvil

I read the reply and was thinking damn that is cold :lol:

And then read the tiny writing below. Sad to be honest, Why not remove this part of the site? :scratch:

7. Sephael

Sephael Divine Paradøx Contributor

Points to the tiny text saying they can't change anything