Skyblivion

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by bhakan, Jun 4, 2017.

1. bhakan

bhakan SS.org Regular

I don't know if this belongs in the Skyrim thread or not, but I figured I'd start a new thread since it's pretty much a separate game.

For those who don't know, a bunch of volunteers have been creating Oblivion in the Skyrim engine and it's looking like it's starting to get close.

Lorcan Ward and cwhitey2 like this.
  2. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

That looks awesome. I couldn't get into Oblivion because of some of the game mechanics but the world looked amazing.

3. ferret

ferret Not worthy

Unfortunately I sit in a "Believe it when I see it" camp on this. It's a fantastic project and I hope it happens. It's just also a very massive project to take on and may never actually get completed.

I wonder if they're bumping it up to Skyrim SE? That would be best since its way better performance and stability wise.

4. bhakan

bhakan SS.org Regular

I used to feel that way, but at this point they said they have the game already fully ported into the Skyrim engine with only minor bugs. They are now adding extra detail to the environment and new voice acting and stuff. If the core game is already functioning I'd be surprised if it failed this late, but it is always a possibility.