SF5

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mongey, Feb 9, 2016.

1. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

so who's stepping in next week ?

I'm a huge fan of the series since SF2 in the arcades . I know that even though I have zero spare time to devote to learning the game properly I am going to get it and a ps4 fight pad . it just one of those games I must own

not sure who I will play actually . I was a life long shoto player till 4 where I decided I was bored and mainly played blanka and dhalsim

I was in the beta and messed with a few but not sure who I will stick with

2. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

I really want to, especially when all my fighting game peers and buddies are egging me on to get out of retirement. :lol: But I still need to get myself a PS4.

I'll get this eventually.

3. wespaul

wespaul Octaves of Manhattan

I'm playing this. My fight ID is wespaul. I've been playing Street Fighter since '91 --real competitive: tournaments, money matches, etc. I love the game. Figuring out SFV (haven't played any of the beta), so if you wanna get in some wins while you can, hit me up :D

4. Choop

Choop n______n

Blanka my boy! I played Blanka exclusively through most of SF4.

SFV is cool so far save for a few odd things with hitboxes and the like. If anybody wants to add me I'm Choopyplz in the game and on Steam. Sticking to Bison and Chun mostly for now!

5. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

got the game yesterday. I was in the beta but really only got a few games on it over the 3 betas .was too busy

I agree with many that it is light on single player content , the lack of an old school player arcade mode is a big miss IMHO and is a simple thing to do .also lack of challenges is a big miss

In all honesty normally I wouldn't be too worried about content as I go straight for online anyway but matchmaking was down all day here in Oz so there just wasn't much to do . did 4 or 5 of the story modes but they kinda suck . did some survival mode that was ok I guess . would've liked the challenges so can start getting some combos down with the new characters

managed to get 5 games online in while the wife was putting the baby down last night and I enjoyed it. played with Ryu just for old times sake . it feels allot different to sf4 to me . slower but in a good way . like you need to be smarter and more calculating. meter management is def more important. in 4 when taking a beating you always had ultra up your sleeve to get back at em with . V meter may end up the same but still getting my head around that

character wise think I'm gonna mess with Karin first . never played her in alpha 3 but in training mode she felt good and its super easy to confirm and cancel into her super

I had a xbox 360 TE fighstick for all the sf4 games. couldn't justify buying another one so got the madcatz pro fight pad instead. execution sucks so bad right now on the 8 way thumb pad. so using the stick instead . its a good unit. wish it didn't have the trigger though . keep bumping them

6. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Think I'm waiting until next month when some of the features are added. Also a little saddened by no Akuma...

7. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Got to play this on the weekend. The fact that it's incomplete and totally neglects the single and casual player demographic will make me hold off on this for much later (or until the next upgrade), but I played it with friends so all good.

The mechanics are still solid as ever and I like the new V system (ha... ha... ha...). Some odd choices like how Vega (claw) and Charlie are no longer charge characters, but no biggie. Besides, I main Ryu: the most vanilla, stock, boringly ordinary character there is. :lol:

I'm also glad knowing that despite my rustiness, my reading and execution are still decent enough to get by.

8. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I'm enjoying the game. my time game is sporadic at the moment so just enjoying playing some games when I can, means I'm allot less salty when I lose a bad one

got a bit burnt out on Ryu so have picked up Rashid and I think he's fun. as a blanka player in sf4 I appreciate his annoying tactics

the V system has grown on me. wasn't a huge fan at first but now I'd take it over the focus attack system any day

though I have to get it through my thick skull no kills on chip anymore apart from CA .Lost that many rounds trying to chip them out with a special. its just too ingrained in me

oh and after a month my madkatz fightpad is broken. the circle button keeps sticking in . its POS . sending it back and getting a stick

9. MrYakob

MrYakob SS.org Regular

This is my first SF game, and as a result I'm getting absolutely wrecked online but still having a lot of fun. Got a Hori RAP4 last week so I'm getting comfortable with the stick still, any other beginners on here that want to match up sometime?

10. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems Contributor

Patiently awaiting my made catz te2+... I don't mind playing on a pad but my hands do after 30 minutes....

11. Ralyks

So did that first update actually drop yet?

12. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems Contributor

Yea it did, doesn't add a huge amount to be fair. The gameplay is golden, I enjoy the online matches. When it's smooth, which is a little hit and miss for me.

13. Ralyks

Everything I'm hearing is that the gameplay itself is damn near perfection, it's just the lack of content that's killing it. May grab a redbox rental of it during my staycation from work this week and give it a go. Worse case, I heard I can do all the single player stuff in a very small amount of time.

14. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

guess it depends how you play it . the only glaring content omission for release for me was the lack of the trials which were added in the last update

old school arcade mode would be nice to have but really I just used to chuck it on while waiting for matchmaking in 4

that said if you don't like to play online or have to people to play local vs games then its probably not a great single player game

hoping the rumors are true and guile is out this month . Always dabble in some guile as he was my first main in sf2

15. Choop

Choop n______n

Playing Bison, and digging the game a lot more now that I can play online more consistently. Not sure who else I'll really pick up except for maybe Ryu.

16. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I have been playing a bit of necalli and he's pretty fun. Once you open them up you can drain their health so fast with stomp pressure . He reminds me of blanka when he's on a damage roll.

pretty hyped on guile this week too . He was my first main in vanilla sf2 and while I didn't really main him in any version of 4 I played quite a bit of him online

17. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

anybody watch Evo this past weekend?

it was awesome and the new stage they showed off for the big ESPN stage was way too awesome. plus the theme song is djenty as all hell

18. splinter8451

splinter8451 SS.org Regular

Anyone waiting for single player content can go ahead and pick this up now.

Story mode is the most cinematic in SF history, it is a little better than "let's just make every character fight each other for stupid reasons".

I was loving Alex since he came out but I totally dropped him for Balrog now. Rog is just too damn fun in this game. Once you get a V trigger combo you're only one reset away from stun and usually the round :lol: dude is a freight train.

Evo was sick! Watching LI Joe eliminate Kazunoko to get into top 8 was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the whole match.

When Infil lost to Fuudo in winner's final I was like.. .... there is no way he can beat R Mika 6 games if he makes it to grand finals. But, "Download compete" :lol: Fuudo looked so flustered when the bracket got reset so quickly.

19. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I didn't watch it live this year but watched replays . top 8 at every big tournament seems a really mix apart from infiltration . tokkido is there too but not at that level. everyone else is a coin toss away

gotta admit i find Nash games a little boring to watch at this point .

I really have to get back into SF5 . havent put it on since the last update dropped. haven't even played the story mode yet overwatch has been taking my limited available gaming time

20. Choop

Choop n______n

Bison feels really lacking to me anymore. I just get bodied hard by grapplers who have a decent mixup game. Really hoping Juri or Urien turn the game around for me since im interested in maining either of them. .-.